It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

N-Bone Puppy Teething Ring and Eukanuba Puppy Chiot Growth Croissance

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alicia22
Puppy
Puppy
Alicia22

Female Join date : 2013-02-09

N-Bone Puppy Teething Ring and Eukanuba Puppy Chiot Growth Croissance Empty
PostSubject: N-Bone Puppy Teething Ring and Eukanuba Puppy Chiot Growth Croissance   N-Bone Puppy Teething Ring and Eukanuba Puppy Chiot Growth Croissance EmptyWed May 29, 2013 11:35 pm

Hey everyone,

Kiya comes home in less than two days so I am asking some treat questions. I have Zukes treats, and wet nose treats (organic)

However, my friends bought me two different types of treats that I am unsure of and kind of scared to give her due to ingredients, so I was wondering what your opinions are on them?

The first one is the N-Bone puppy teething ring

http://www.kvsupply.com/puppy-teething-ring-chicken-flavor-3-ct/&refcode=Froogle%3FCAWELAID%3D1888626643&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CPG7wNfkvLcCFYc7Mgod8XQAwQ&CAWELAID=1888626643

What concerns me about this is it has garlic powder. I though garlic could kill a dog?

The second is Eukanuba Puppy Chiot Growth Croissance Treats.

http://www.eukanuba.com/en-US/product/puppy-growth.jspx

It has wheat, which I know is a big no no, dried egg products and more.

Please help!

Thanks for your time and help Smile
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: N-Bone Puppy Teething Ring and Eukanuba Puppy Chiot Growth Croissance   N-Bone Puppy Teething Ring and Eukanuba Puppy Chiot Growth Croissance EmptyWed May 29, 2013 11:43 pm

Wheat isn't as bad as everyone says it is lol I don't like feeding it for daiily meals, but a couple treats with it in it is perfectly fine IMO. I use wheat flour when I make Kale and Violet homemade treats. Garlic is only bad for dogs in extreme quantities. If it was harmful to dogs, it would not be allowed to be in dog foods and treats. I don't think the quantity in that treat will harm your pup. I can't give Kale stuff like that though because it gives him diarrhea.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: N-Bone Puppy Teething Ring and Eukanuba Puppy Chiot Growth Croissance   N-Bone Puppy Teething Ring and Eukanuba Puppy Chiot Growth Croissance EmptyThu May 30, 2013 9:32 am

Brooke pretty much covered everything. If neither upsets your puppy's tummy then I wouldn't be concerned. Garlic in small quantities is actually good for your dogs and many people, myself included, actually add garlic to our dogs' diet for various reasons. I personally add a small amount of garlic (less than 1/8 tsp) to my dogs' dinner several times a week as a natural flea preventative measure.

Wheat isn't a big no-no, neither is dried egg product. I wouldn't normally feed Eukanuba treats, however if someone already bought them for you I wouldn't waste them either so long as it doesn't upset your puppy's stomach.

PostSubject: Re: N-Bone Puppy Teething Ring and Eukanuba Puppy Chiot Growth Croissance   N-Bone Puppy Teething Ring and Eukanuba Puppy Chiot Growth Croissance Empty

Back to top Go down

N-Bone Puppy Teething Ring and Eukanuba Puppy Chiot Growth Croissance

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1