A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Jack and Jen B!, our October HOTM winners! HOTM - November : TBA!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Jack and Jen B,
our October HOTM Winners!
Huskies in Disguise!





Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Tails of the Tundra Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys


Share | .
 

 FREYA & SASKI

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
justinmorgan
Newborn
Newborn
avatar

Join date : 2013-05-17

PostSubject: FREYA & SASKI   Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:01 pm

a few pictures of my girls hope you don't mind... there is plenty more haha





prancing Smile


me and freya doing a hi-five


balancing treats which is still really new for freya hope to get better Smile



the result of being bored on a sunday afternoon


training freya to hold things in her mouth was easy


girls with flower pollen on their faces

Back to top Go down
justinmorgan
Newborn
Newborn
avatar

Join date : 2013-05-17

PostSubject: Re: FREYA & SASKI   Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:11 pm


me trying dogbearding with freya lol


taking over my bed!!!


freya LOVES carrots.. do your huskies??
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
avatar

Female Join date : 2012-08-30
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: FREYA & SASKI   Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:14 pm

Great pictures! How did you train Freya to hold things in her mouth?
Back to top Go down
seanbrunett
Teenager
Teenager
avatar

Male Join date : 2013-05-13
Location : Reston, VA

PostSubject: Re: FREYA & SASKI   Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:17 pm

Love these photos! You have gorgeous huskies!
Back to top Go down
SaberK
Adult
Adult
avatar

Female Join date : 2012-07-11
Location : Berwyn, IL

PostSubject: Re: FREYA & SASKI   Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:21 pm

Your photos are terrific! Both your girls are absolutely stunning! I am also curious how you taught Freya to hold things in her mouth.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
avatar

Female Join date : 2012-01-29
Location : Broken Arrow, OK

PostSubject: Re: FREYA & SASKI   Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:44 pm

Beautiful pups.. Love that Freya holds things in her mouth.
My one husky love carrots the female. My male won't eat his vegies lol.
Back to top Go down
kelly foster ford
Puppy
Puppy
avatar

Female Join date : 2013-03-25
Location : Pickering Ontario

PostSubject: Re: FREYA & SASKI   Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:57 pm

Absolutely beautiful girls !! Yes how did you train her to hold things in her mouth?
Back to top Go down
justinmorgan
Newborn
Newborn
avatar

Join date : 2013-05-17

PostSubject: Re: FREYA & SASKI   Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:18 pm

@MayaAndSophie wrote:
Great pictures! How did you train Freya to hold things in her mouth?






@SaberK wrote:
Your photos are terrific! Both your girls are absolutely stunning! I am also curious how you taught Freya to hold things in her mouth.





@kelly foster ford wrote:
Absolutely beautiful girls !! Yes how did you train her to hold things in her mouth?






well i'm not like some expert but all i did was open her mouth gently put a stick or whatever to back of her mouth and keep repeating your command word such as "hold" close her mouth lightly holding bottom jaw so they can't spit object out holding it lightly for 15-20 seconds or so and rewarding after with praise and treats.
I only did it about 4-5 times and after that she starting doing it on her own, If they seem bored or agitated i would stop and try it another time and not do something like that for long periods of time just a few tries each day with lots of positive reinforcement (petting, vocal praise) and if you use treats to obviously wait until after you have finished Smile
The most important thing is to stay calm and not to get annoyed at your pooch if they are not doing something straight away.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
avatar

Female Join date : 2012-08-30
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: FREYA & SASKI   Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:50 pm

Thanks for explaining how you did it! I'm definitely going to try it with my girls. We've been working with getting them to pose for the camera, lol. I usually just took pictures of them running around or if they just naturally looked at me which i'm still going to do. But i like getting them to pose. Smile
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
avatar

Female Join date : 2012-08-08
Location : Atlanta, Georgia

PostSubject: Re: FREYA & SASKI   Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:55 pm

They are too cute! I'm a little obsessed. Do you have an Instagram for them?
Back to top Go down
justinmorgan
Newborn
Newborn
avatar

Join date : 2013-05-17

PostSubject: Re: FREYA & SASKI   Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:10 pm

@katiesham wrote:
They are too cute! I'm a little obsessed. Do you have an Instagram for them?


I do yes, freya_the_husky and saski_the_husky Smile

Whats yours?
@MayaAndSophie wrote:
Thanks for explaining how you did it! I'm definitely going to try it with my girls. We've been working with getting them to pose for the camera, lol. I usually just took pictures of them running around or if they just naturally looked at me which i'm still going to do. But i like getting them to pose. Smile



freya is ok for posing if you have treats in your hand but getting both of them to look cute at the same time is near impossible lol
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
avatar

Female Join date : 2012-08-30
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: FREYA & SASKI   Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:26 pm

@justinmorgan wrote:
@MayaAndSophie wrote:
Thanks for explaining how you did it! I'm definitely going to try it with my girls. We've been working with getting them to pose for the camera, lol. I usually just took pictures of them running around or if they just naturally looked at me which i'm still going to do. But i like getting them to pose. Smile







freya is ok for posing if you have treats in your hand but getting both of them to look cute at the same time is near impossible lol


Oh i know! I can get two to sit and look but one will get bored or be off doing something else. Razz
Back to top Go down
justinmorgan
Newborn
Newborn
avatar

Join date : 2013-05-17

PostSubject: Re: FREYA & SASKI   Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:51 pm

@MayaAndSophie wrote:
@justinmorgan wrote:
@MayaAndSophie wrote:
Thanks for explaining how you did it! I'm definitely going to try it with my girls. We've been working with getting them to pose for the camera, lol. I usually just took pictures of them running around or if they just naturally looked at me which i'm still going to do. But i like getting them to pose. Smile









freya is ok for posing if you have treats in your hand but getting both of them to look cute at the same time is near impossible lol




Oh i know! I can get two to sit and look but one will get bored or be off doing something else. Razz

tinned mackerel usually gets their attention, my girls loooove it!!  haha
Back to top Go down
olott707
Teenager
Teenager
avatar

Female Join date : 2013-01-22
Location : Little Rock, AR

PostSubject: Re: FREYA & SASKI   Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:20 pm

ahhh as soon as i saw the name, i knew i followed you on instagram! nice to see the pictures here too Smile
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
avatar

Female Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : Louisiana

PostSubject: Re: FREYA & SASKI   Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:57 pm

The picture of them prancing in the field together is just perfect. Your pups are beautiful and I love the crayons and rainbow poop picture. XD

_________________

Back to top Go down
justinmorgan
Newborn
Newborn
avatar

Join date : 2013-05-17

PostSubject: Re: FREYA & SASKI   Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:21 am

few more pictures i took yesterday Smile

also if you are on facebook you could follow freya and saski 
https://www.facebook.com/freyasaski





Back to top Go down
Yonjuro
Teenager
Teenager
avatar

Male Join date : 2013-04-09
Location : Western Australia

PostSubject: Re: FREYA & SASKI   Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:28 am

Really excellent pics! Wonderful dogs!
Back to top Go down
justinmorgan
Newborn
Newborn
avatar

Join date : 2013-05-17

PostSubject: Re: FREYA & SASKI   Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:11 pm

YonjuroReally excellent pics! Wonderful dogs!




thanks so much <3
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
avatar

Male Join date : 2012-06-19
Location : New Mexcio | Germany

PostSubject: Re: FREYA & SASKI   Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:13 pm

Oh my god they're just so cute!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HuskyAvalanche
Puppy
Puppy
avatar

Female Join date : 2013-05-15
Location : Brunswick Ga

PostSubject: Re: FREYA & SASKI   Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:17 am

These are amazing, I wish my boy would sit still long enough to get a good picture, I am a photographer but no such luck on the posing animals part, at least not with my husky!
Great picture ideas, will definitely try your hold tactics, my boy will high five, and he rings a bell to go out, but the hold trick definitely will come in handy for pictures. Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
justinmorgan
Newborn
Newborn
avatar

Join date : 2013-05-17

PostSubject: Re: FREYA & SASKI   Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:30 pm

@HuskyAvalanche wrote:
These are amazing, I wish my boy would sit still long enough to get a good picture, I am a photographer but no such luck on the posing animals part, at least not with my husky!
Great picture ideas, will definitely try your hold tactics, my boy will high five, and he rings a bell to go out, but the hold trick definitely will come in handy for pictures. Thanks for sharing!

thanks very much i'm glad you like them Smile


and a few from today Smile









Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
avatar

Female Join date : 2013-06-17
Location : Maine

PostSubject: Re: FREYA & SASKI   Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:57 pm

@justinmorgan wrote:



[/url]


This is by far the best thing I've ever seen! I wish my boys would do this. This would make such a nice framed picture!
Back to top Go down
DanielleCortez
Teenager
Teenager
avatar

Female Join date : 2012-11-25
Location : Ithaca, NY

PostSubject: Re: FREYA & SASKI   Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:29 pm

damn these dogs are just too freaking much! i adore all the instagram pics.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wesatonashoreline.wordpress.com
dragonthewhitedread
Teenager
Teenager
avatar

Male Join date : 2012-10-30
Location : Mississippi

PostSubject: Re: FREYA & SASKI   Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:39 pm

I love the cuddling pic! so cute!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: FREYA & SASKI   

Back to top Go down
 

FREYA & SASKI

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

 Similar topics

-
» Nordic Bracelet
» Knot lock - broken :-(
» Did freya retire?
» Freya Fugle Reloaded
» Freya lock

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Pack Members :: Scrapbooks-