It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Adopting a girl!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scott+Lexi
Newborn
Newborn
Scott+Lexi

Female Join date : 2013-02-14

Adopting a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Adopting a girl!   Adopting a girl! EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Sara and I have decided to adopt a 2 year old rescue. Her name is Brandi and she has been through a lot. We found her on petfinder and both of us fell in love. This past Saturday we took a trip (with Lexi) to go and see her. At first Brandi was a little standoffish. We took both of them for a walk and then they were fine together. Lexi would stop and smell some flowers (like she does), and then Brandi came over and smelled them too! Smile

They are doing some reference checks, then a home visit on Thursday and hopefully this weekend we can bring our new girl home!

Her coat is a bit of a mess. She is having a blow out, and it is really dirty (she is at a farm right now). We are hoping with some TLC and better food that it will look much better. She may be a little cross-eyed... but haven't fully figured out yet. And I'm not 100% sure that she is a purebred. Her tail is a little thinner and her stance is shorter and wider.
Doesn't matter though, we still love her!

And before you ask... she had a sister who was already adopted (in 2 of the pro pics).
I hope you don't mind all the pics!

Scott+Sara+Lexi

Adopting a girl! 94155511
Adopting a girl! 24759710
Adopting a girl! 24759711
Adopting a girl! 96381110
Adopting a girl! 96432310
Adopting a girl! 96698410
Adopting a girl! 96701810
Adopting a girl! 98081110
Adopting a girl! 97642710
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

Adopting a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adopting a girl!   Adopting a girl! EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 3:08 pm

Wow she is beautiful.. Thanks for helping her out..

Oh and I do believe she is all Siberian husky.. they can look different for one to another.

My little girls is shorter and wider than Blaze.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

Adopting a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adopting a girl!   Adopting a girl! EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 3:35 pm

She is beautiful! Congrats on the adoption!
Back to top Go down
Scott+Lexi
Newborn
Newborn
Scott+Lexi

Adopting a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adopting a girl!   Adopting a girl! EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 3:39 pm

Thanks!

Ya she is gorgeous! The only foreseeable problem is that it is hard enough walking anywhere with 1 good looking dog, with 2 we will get stopped all the time! Either that or more people will avoid me with my 2 "wolves"

We can't wait to get her! We keep going out and buying things for her.

I was a little iffy at first about adopting, because, well puppies are so cute. But after seeing and meeting Brandi, I'm really excited. And plus don't have to deal with all the puppy issues (training, accidents, etc).

Scott
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

Adopting a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adopting a girl!   Adopting a girl! EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 4:36 pm

Congrats!! Thank you for adopting. Smile She is gorgeous.

Just so you know, the first week she may 'relapse' in her potty training. Which means she may accidentally pee in the house or chew on something she isn't supposed to. She is getting used to a new place, so it is normal. Just scold her as you normally would and she will catch on.
Back to top Go down
Scott+Lexi
Newborn
Newborn
Scott+Lexi

Adopting a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adopting a girl!   Adopting a girl! EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 4:39 pm

VintageJeans wrote:
Congrats!! Thank you for adopting. Smile She is gorgeous.

Just so you know, the first week she may 'relapse' in her potty training. Which means she may accidentally pee in the house or chew on something she isn't supposed to. She is getting used to a new place, so it is normal. Just scold her as you normally would and she will catch on.

Ya I figured that she might take a little time to get used to the new home. We are planning to treat her like any other pets in the house. No letting her get away with anything because we feel sorry for her

Thanks for the tip though!

Scott
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

Adopting a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adopting a girl!   Adopting a girl! EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 4:48 pm

Scott+Lexi wrote:
Thanks!

Ya she is gorgeous! The only foreseeable problem is that it is hard enough walking anywhere with 1 good looking dog, with 2 we will get stopped all the time! Either that or more people will avoid me with my 2 "wolves"

We can't wait to get her! We keep going out and buying things for her.

I was a little iffy at first about adopting, because, well puppies are so cute. But after seeing and meeting Brandi, I'm really excited. And plus don't have to deal with all the puppy issues (training, accidents, etc).

Scott

Try five! When Abby and I went to a pet festival I had Cloud, Yuki, Link and she had Maya, Sophie, Kay and we'd walk literally 2 steps and get stopped, another 2 steps and get stopped. LOL. Congratulations. Brandi is a cutie Smile
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

Adopting a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adopting a girl!   Adopting a girl! EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 4:53 pm

Congrats! She's gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
Scott+Lexi
Newborn
Newborn
Scott+Lexi

Adopting a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adopting a girl!   Adopting a girl! EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:25 am

Mobezilla wrote:

Try five! When Abby and I went to a pet festival I had Cloud, Yuki, Link and she had Maya, Sophie, Kay and we'd walk literally 2 steps and get stopped, another 2 steps and get stopped. LOL. Congratulations. Brandi is a cutie Smile

Thanks!
Oh my... I couldn't imagine! It's great when people want to see them, but it makes it difficult to do anything sometimes. Perhaps you should charge a fee to see the dogs! Smile

MayaAndSophie wrote:
Congrats! She's gorgeous!

Thanks!

Scott
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

Adopting a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adopting a girl!   Adopting a girl! EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 11:54 am

Omg she's adorable!!! Congrats!!! And yes, try walking three, it's like every 5min...lol.
Back to top Go down
husky_drea
Newborn
Newborn
husky_drea

Female Join date : 2013-06-30

Adopting a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adopting a girl!   Adopting a girl! EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 2:30 pm

She's beautiful & I'd guess purebred. So glad to see that you're adopting, both of our current huskies are rescues and a handful of our previous as well, it's the only way we'll go from now on. Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

Female Join date : 2012-03-30

Adopting a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adopting a girl!   Adopting a girl! EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 2:36 pm

How pretty! Smile
Back to top Go down
Flhuskylover
Puppy
Puppy
Flhuskylover

Adopting a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adopting a girl!   Adopting a girl! EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 4:46 pm

She is absolutely stunning!!!!!! Congrats on your new girl! She looks all husky to me and enjoy being stopped for having such stunning dogs! We live in Fl and sometimes people stop and want to take pictures with our two boys.
Back to top Go down
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

Female Join date : 2012-11-05

Adopting a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adopting a girl!   Adopting a girl! EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 4:49 pm

awww she is just Beautiful!!!
Back to top Go down
Scott+Lexi
Newborn
Newborn
Scott+Lexi

Adopting a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adopting a girl!   Adopting a girl! EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 3:14 pm

So it has almost been a month since we got Brandi. It's been a lot of ups and some downs.

Lexi and Brandi are getting along great. Just like sisters... They even have the occasional spat. Oh well.
When we got Brandi she didn't know how to play or how to interact with other dogs. Really kinda sad... But now she can play with some dogs and some toys. It is a pretty big difference.
She is also doing a lot better with house training. She does have the occasional nervous accident, particularly when I am around, but we are working on this. It will take time to fix this.

She is great though. She is part of our family now!

Scott
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

Adopting a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adopting a girl!   Adopting a girl! EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 3:22 pm

Awe, I'm so glad that everything's working out for her!!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

Adopting a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adopting a girl!   Adopting a girl! EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 5:05 pm

Great to hear things are working out..

My two have spats once in a while and they have been together over a year I would not worry about that.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

Adopting a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adopting a girl!   Adopting a girl! EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 6:55 pm

She's beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Flhuskylover
Puppy
Puppy
Flhuskylover

Adopting a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adopting a girl!   Adopting a girl! EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 11:01 pm

That is great to hear that they are getting along so well!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Adopting a girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adopting a girl!   Adopting a girl! Empty

Back to top Go down

Adopting a girl!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1