It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

New Message Editor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

New Message Editor Empty
PostSubject: New Message Editor   New Message Editor EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 12:51 pm

So by now most of you, or all of you, have seen the new editor in effect while posting or replying to messages. 

99% of the options were already there before and nothing much has changed to be perfectly honest.

This new editor is just slightly better to look at, and adds ease of use to the forum. You can now see stuff in real time as opposed to using BB codes or tags before.

I do however want to state that this Editor is still very much in Beta, so if any of you find weird bugs let me know and I can report them.

The Editor

New Message Editor 06-06-10

WYSIWYG mode vs. Source Mode.

The very last option on the new editor resembles a piece of paper. This will allow you to toggle between the two modes available, but is set on WYSIWYG by default.

New Message Editor Button10

Basically what it comes down to is this.

WYSIWYG Mode:

Think of this as the forum showing you in real time what your post will look like when you post it. As you edit your text, add pictures, colors, or formatting it will appear in your text body as you do it. Even Emoticons will appear as you type them out right away. Easy Peasy.

Source Mode.

Source Mode allows you to see the BB code, or is more akin to what the forum used to look like prior to today. So if you are more comfortable with it you can enable this option and will be able to see all those codes instead of the actually changes.

All the buttons will still work for both modes, you just won't see the tags in one.

Overview of Options and their BB codes.

Here is just a pic of all the new, and familiar, options and their corresponding BB codes.

They should pretty up the forum a little bit and bring us up to speed with a lot of options available on other forums.

If you have any questions on what some of them do, let me know and I'll explain in detail as best I can. Or use this thread to test them out and play around with them Wink

New Message Editor Editor10

~It's a Husky Thing Staff~

Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

New Message Editor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Message Editor   New Message Editor EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 1:02 pm

BOUTONS!

I actually really like this new editor. Granted, I'm so used to coding as I type, it won't be a major change for me but at least it allows for a rich text option when replying initially instead of having to view the full editor.

If I find any bugs I'll definitely let you guys know! Smile

seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

New Message Editor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Message Editor   New Message Editor EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 5:51 pm

On my Android phone the reply text box is very narrow now, as in only one line's worth and the various buttons such as bold, italic, pic upload, emoticons......are missing and won't appear at all if I click inside the reply box. This started about 2 hours ago and I'm always using the full site, not the mobile version.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

New Message Editor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Message Editor   New Message Editor EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 8:06 pm

I don't believe anything has changed in the past day or so that would suddenly change that Jeff. I'll look into it when Kelly gets home though as she has the android devices in our house.

~Chris~

Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

New Message Editor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Message Editor   New Message Editor EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 8:14 pm

Ok thanks Chris. It is still the same now, just FYI.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

New Message Editor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Message Editor   New Message Editor EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 8:17 pm

Oh, and perhaps unrelated, there is now a huge amount of space below my signature that began at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

New Message Editor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Message Editor   New Message Editor EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 8:21 pm

seattlesibe wrote:
Oh, and perhaps unrelated, there is now a huge amount of space below my signature that began at the same time.

That's actually working as intended. 

Go look at the first post you made in the  Morning Time Advice thread you started. 

There is no space. 

It has to do with the minimum size a post can be... So when you're aren't long winded like me, or direct and to the point you have that space. 

It isn't as noticeable for other members because they have signatures that are more than text, unlike you and I Wink

~Chris~

ETA - to elaborate the Minimum size the post can be has to do with the information you display on your profile under your avatar. You'll notice that space end about where your last tid bit of information ends.

Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

New Message Editor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Message Editor   New Message Editor EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 8:28 pm

Oh ok, noted. That makes sense. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Male Join date : 2012-12-06

New Message Editor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Message Editor   New Message Editor EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 8:42 pm

Terrible functionality via mobile phone.
Got so frustrated with inabiity to select the end of text while making a list in an advice thread that I gave up trying to help. Is mobile site still very basic?
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

New Message Editor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Message Editor   New Message Editor EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 4:53 am

When I use my phone, I use the full site. Lately things have been getting all jumbled and I can't do anything for a few seconds after I click on a thread because words are moving all over the place and the posts keep resizing themselves. It's actually frozen my phone a couple of times. 

Is anyone else experiencing anything like this??
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

New Message Editor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Message Editor   New Message Editor EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 8:59 am

Alrighty,

Like I said this editor is still very much in Beta, but I do hear you.

I'll work on it as I can, and see if I can't get it to Jive with the forum a bit more, especially for you guys who come here on your phones. I'll see what I can do. Give me a bit of time to work it all out and see what can be improved upon. 

Eric,

As far as I know the mobile version of the site is still very basic... I've rarely used it. There was a small update to it a while back, but it lacks the full functionality of the normal version.

~Chris~

ETA - Thank you for the feedback. Without it I have no idea what is wrong with the forum past the 2 ways I browse it... Keep it coming.

The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

New Message Editor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Message Editor   New Message Editor EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 9:50 am

Jeff, or anyone having the same issue as Jeff,

I Updated the Java code slightly. It may not fix the mobile issue, but could you please check if it has for me?

Everyone else with issues,

The new Text Editor is a lot more Java heavy than the last. Please update Java to the latest version if you can to see if it fixes any issues.

Java - Download

I understand this isn't ideal.... I know many of you post on work computers and you have no access to installing or updating crap like that.

It may however help one or two people fix any issues they have Wink

Please continue to report any problems or issues you are having since the text editor was implemented, I'm working on fixes all I can.

Thank you,
~Chris~

The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

New Message Editor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Message Editor   New Message Editor EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 9:52 am

Also.

PLEASE CLEAR THE CACHE on your computers, laptops, and devices.

This may also fix a number of issues since the change Wink

~Chris~

Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

New Message Editor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Message Editor   New Message Editor EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 10:04 am

I was having the same problem as Kelsey, but after I cleared the history and the cookies, it fixed itself. 

Sometimes on my iPhone, when I click to start typing a reply to a thread, it opens a new page to type the message in. Don't know if that's intentional or not, but I thought it was a little odd.

ETA: Kidding, the text is moving around/shifting again. Took me about two minutes to track down the edit button haha.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

New Message Editor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Message Editor   New Message Editor EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 12:08 pm

The reply box is still narrow and the buttons still missing. Lemme go check the site on my laptop just to make sure it's nothing I've done somehow.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

New Message Editor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Message Editor   New Message Editor EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 12:13 pm

ok now i am on my laptop and all butttons are here so it is just a problem on my phone Evil or Very MadEvil or Very Mad

I cleared the cache and cookies on my phone, but now I'm gonna update Java.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

New Message Editor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Message Editor   New Message Editor EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 12:17 pm

It just told me that this version of Java is not supported on my particular device....which is an HTC Incredible running on an Android software.
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

New Message Editor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Message Editor   New Message Editor EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 12:22 pm

seattlesibe wrote:
ok now i am on my laptop and all butttons are here so it is just a problem on my phone Evil or Very MadEvil or Very Mad

I cleared the cache and cookies on my phone, but now I'm gonna update Java.

Actually no. It is a lot of mobile devices that are reproducing this problem. I won't worry too much about it Jeff. It is more a problem on my end than yours.

I'm working to fix it, and/or to offer any possible fixes I can. You will most likely have that issue until I can find the problem that this new editor is having with people and viewing the forum in it's normal manner on a mobile device.

Sorry,
~Chris~

Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

New Message Editor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Message Editor   New Message Editor EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 12:40 pm

Thanks for working so hard on this, Chris! We all appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

New Message Editor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Message Editor   New Message Editor EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 1:02 pm

Thank you Chris!!
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

New Message Editor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Message Editor   New Message Editor EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 1:10 pm

I probably wont use the buttons too much, but everything looks nicer and clean cut. So good job!
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

New Message Editor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Message Editor   New Message Editor EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 2:52 pm

Yeah, thank you so much Chris.  If something changes I'll be in touch.
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

New Message Editor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Message Editor   New Message Editor EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 7:00 pm

FYI, I accidently down voted your post Chris! If 1 person can up vote it, that would be lovely.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

New Message Editor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Message Editor   New Message Editor EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 7:13 pm

Chris can so veto your vote Wink
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

New Message Editor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Message Editor   New Message Editor EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 7:24 pm

It looks great about the only issue I'm having is getting the 'quote' box to work. It will copy the quote but it doens't look like a quote. Other than that it looks great. I haven't checked on my phone because I rarely use it on my phone.

I tried to fix the treat for Chris, it only gave him half a treat!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Message Editor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Message Editor   New Message Editor Empty

Back to top Go down

New Message Editor

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next