It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Siberian Huskies for Dummies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Siberian Huskies for Dummies Empty
PostSubject: Siberian Huskies for Dummies   Siberian Huskies for Dummies EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:09 pm

So i will start by saying this is the first Dummies book and first dog book i have ever bought. So my option is based off of that and not comparing it to others as i can't. I would give this book a 4 paws up. i enjoyed it and found it to be an easy and informative read. i finished it on a round trip home so about 8hrs. if your just thinking of getting a husky or you all ready own one or more then this book is for you. no matter how much experience or lack of you have im sure you will still find something in there for you. if you search online you can find it dirt cheap. i found the 2nd half of the book more informative or at least i folded over more corners in the back. the chapters on feeding your husky, Grooming your dog, preventing and responding to health problems, responding to emergencies, top ten hazards for a Siberian husky (including a plant list for us gardeners) were something i find my self rechecking every few months or to use as a guide before i call the vet. there is also a history 101 section i found to be great to know. there is a great section on puppy hood as well but i did not pay much attention to that as i am past that stage but i know a lot of you on here would find it helpful. does anyone here own this book? if so what did you find helpful in it or maybe you thought it was the worst book ever, like i said being the only one i own i enjoyed it and am glad to have it laying around.

Puppy
Puppy
sw33t_angel

Female Join date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Huskies for Dummies   Siberian Huskies for Dummies EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:16 pm

Sounds like a good read! Might have to pick that up! Thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

Female Join date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Huskies for Dummies   Siberian Huskies for Dummies EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:44 am

We read that one, too, Jenn. Good book!
Also have read:
The Dog Behavior Answer Book by Arden Moore. Four Paws! Very informative, we thought. It is not breed-specific, but good info, nonetheless!

We have bought so many books on huskies and loaned them out, I can't remember them all! A lot of good info out there.
Back to top Go down
bingnblaze
Puppy
Puppy
bingnblaze

Female Join date : 2010-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Huskies for Dummies   Siberian Huskies for Dummies EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 7:38 pm

i have this book and i love it Smile im always gettin it out n re-reading up on things Smile
Back to top Go down
rnelsen
Teenager
Teenager
rnelsen

Female Join date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Huskies for Dummies   Siberian Huskies for Dummies EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 3:53 pm

I just bought it today! I've been reading about the history of the breed, it's fascinating!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Huskies for Dummies   Siberian Huskies for Dummies EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 4:32 pm

Our rescue has it for cheap and it goes to helping the huskies!
Please let me know if anyone else would like to purchase one through North Star Siberian Husky Rescue Smile

We also have another husky handbook...I'll have to get the title of it.

Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Huskies for Dummies   Siberian Huskies for Dummies EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 4:59 pm

Claudia, I'll buy one through your rescue!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Huskies for Dummies   Siberian Huskies for Dummies EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:01 pm

26nikita wrote:
Claudia, I'll buy one through your rescue!
Thanks Mindy! I need to find out what the cost it so I'll post back here (so anyone else interested will know the cost).

Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Huskies for Dummies   Siberian Huskies for Dummies EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:09 pm

I also have the book and give it 3 and 1/2 paws for useful information. I reserve the 4 paw rating for this SITE!!! Like the T-Shirt says: "A fun, friendly and informative online forum for husky owners."

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Huskies for Dummies   Siberian Huskies for Dummies EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 8:35 pm

Ok, we'll have the book available to buy off the rescue's website on the home page:
http://www.northstarhuskyrescue.org/

It's $15 which includes shipping.

There should be a paypal link by tomorrow morning to buy it off the home page.

Thanks!

Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Huskies for Dummies   Siberian Huskies for Dummies EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:17 pm

Thanks! I keep hearing about this book so now I gotta read it!
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Huskies for Dummies   Siberian Huskies for Dummies EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 12:22 am

Ordered my copy from North Star
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Huskies for Dummies   Siberian Huskies for Dummies EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 12:38 am

First thing I purchased after we got Delilah
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Huskies for Dummies   Siberian Huskies for Dummies EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 1:01 am

kevo wrote:
Ordered my copy from North Star
thank you for your support, Kevin!
the huskies thank you too!!!

Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Huskies for Dummies   Siberian Huskies for Dummies EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 1:06 am

your welcome...had to get one through there, might as well help out in addition to helping me with the info in the book...and of course this awesome forum family we have here.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Huskies for Dummies   Siberian Huskies for Dummies EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 1:06 am

mheath0429 wrote:
First thing I purchased after we got Delilah

Me too lol
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Huskies for Dummies   Siberian Huskies for Dummies EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 5:38 am

I've got this one too, brought it after it was recommended through this forum. its a great book!!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Huskies for Dummies   Siberian Huskies for Dummies EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 10:23 am

I got "Siberian Husky" Smart owners guide after we got Blaze. It had really help me in understanding the breed and him in general.
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Huskies for Dummies   Siberian Huskies for Dummies EmptyFri May 04, 2012 4:08 pm

I bought this book when I first decided to get a husky, I liked most of as I do most books from the Dummies series. Got mine on Amazon.
Back to top Go down
evelazquez
Teenager
Teenager
evelazquez

Male Join date : 2012-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Huskies for Dummies   Siberian Huskies for Dummies EmptyFri May 04, 2012 8:57 pm

I bought this book when we first brought Coquito home. It's a very informative book. I would recomend it as well.
Back to top Go down
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

Female Join date : 2012-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Huskies for Dummies   Siberian Huskies for Dummies EmptyWed May 16, 2012 7:42 am

I just bought this book earlier and at 6:40 AM I am still up reading it! So far I love it but since I'm not through, I give it 3 paws up so far. It has a few grammatical errors that bother me and I'm surprised weren't caught before publishing... but the information is what is important and it's been helpful thus far.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Huskies for Dummies   Siberian Huskies for Dummies EmptyWed May 16, 2012 8:43 am

We got this book before we brought Koda home and really liked it. My favorite thing it says is how the hand-holding with their mouth is affectionate, haha.
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Huskies for Dummies   Siberian Huskies for Dummies EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 11:31 pm

I just ordered another copy. I loaned mine out and just incase, got a 2nd coming from Northern Star Husky Rescue
Back to top Go down
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

Female Join date : 2012-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Huskies for Dummies   Siberian Huskies for Dummies EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 11:40 pm

I would love to go back and re read mine.. except I lost my kindle somewhere in the house. Again.
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Huskies for Dummies   Siberian Huskies for Dummies EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 11:43 pm

That is why i don't rely solely on technology, I love my old school paper books.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Huskies for Dummies   Siberian Huskies for Dummies Empty

Back to top Go down

Siberian Huskies for Dummies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: The Reference Section :: The Library :: Book Reviews-