It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Is my puppy eating enough?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MilkyLumpkinz
Newborn
Newborn
MilkyLumpkinz

Female Join date : 2013-04-26

eating - Is my puppy eating enough? Empty
PostSubject: Is my puppy eating enough?   eating - Is my puppy eating enough? EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 2:26 pm

my puppy is going onto 4 1/2 months old, she eats about 2 cups of blue buffalo a day. One cup in the morning and one in the evening. During the day I'll give her treats before breakfast, in the middle of the day and before bedtime (treats 2-3x a day). She usually has 2-3 diff treats I offer an I'll give her about 2-5 depending on how big they are. Everytime I'm eating she always seems to want what I or others have an tries to snatch it out of our hands..sometimes it gets a bit frustrationg. As of the way she looks you cannot see her ribcage but if u pet her firmly you can feel it somewhat. Not sure how that works. anywho wanted to get opinions about this?? is she healthy and eating enough??

also sometimes she leaves some of her food an comes back for it later an other times she gobbles it all up real quick an at once
Back to top Go down
amora
Teenager
Teenager
amora

Female Join date : 2013-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Is my puppy eating enough?   eating - Is my puppy eating enough? EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 4:46 pm

It sounds like she's not starving did she have a 4 month check up?What did the vet say? When we first got Stryker I would give him a chew (pig ear) or stuff a kong when we were eating(it's the only time he gets that special treat) it occupied him so that he wouldn't beg for food, now he just automatically goes and leaves us alone when were eating or lays down...not begging
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Is my puppy eating enough?   eating - Is my puppy eating enough? EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 5:34 pm

Feeling the ribcage and spine is normal. You shouldn't see her ribcage but you should be able to touch each rib one by one. The spine especially is gonna protrude somewhat in the first year of their life. Only your vet can ascertain her health but these are the general rules of thumb.

Remember Huskies are not husky, giant dogs. They take a while to fill out and thicken up with frame, muscles, coat, and stature. One of the more experienced members on here with a team of Husky sled dogs called them "noodles" in year one. Once the puppy fat and fluff is gone they are pretty thin as a breed. Beyond appearances though if you're concerned about her health always check with a vet for any screening or testing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
moto1087
Teenager
Teenager
moto1087

Male Join date : 2013-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Is my puppy eating enough?   eating - Is my puppy eating enough? EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 3:21 pm

i have a question about feeding

rikku is looking very healthy size to weight from all angles, but she eats like she has never seen food before. scarfs it all down then licks everything that her food may have touched... she then after dinner will go to the other dogs cage after we let them out and try to eat anything she didnt eat and make sure she didnt miss any...

im feeding about a cup for each breakfast, noon, dinner. she was 20lbs at 14 weeks.

i dont feel she is eating her food to fast but just like she has never had food in her life and shell never see it again....

any input?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is my puppy eating enough?   eating - Is my puppy eating enough? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is my puppy eating enough?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1