It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

House cleaning?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Female Join date : 2013-03-18

house - House cleaning? Empty
PostSubject: House cleaning?   house - House cleaning? EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 8:28 pm

Ok. So me and the bf are putting the house up for sale. Finally!!! Lol (him and the x wife bought it) but anyways other than the house is waaayyy to big for just me and him we are looking for one that is smaller not so dang expensive and a bigger backyard for the pups. So pretty much an older house. Well.... trying to sale a house full of husky and malamute hair isn't very attractive. Me.. I could care less... the people trying to buy it... think other wise. So my main huge problem is the kitchen. I chase after the hair bunnies and they run away from you.... I have swepted, mopped, vacuumed... everything and it seems like I can not get rid of them!!!!! Any suggestions to make my house not look so husky?!?!?! Is this even possible?????house - House cleaning? 1625187496
Back to top Go down
WolvenSight
Teenager
Teenager
WolvenSight

PostSubject: Re: House cleaning?   house - House cleaning? EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 8:33 pm

Swiffers work really well for my kitchen/hallways. Picks up and pushes all the hair pretty nicely.
Back to top Go down
holister
Newborn
Newborn
holister

Male Join date : 2013-04-05

PostSubject: Re: House cleaning?   house - House cleaning? EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 8:49 pm

My only suggestion would be to clean up after the hair just as your expecting visitors to the house, also as potential buyers you would hope they would understand that the hair is temporary and as soon as you move out it will be all gone. I mean if I was looking at the house I would be more concerned about the house itself and not the dog hair on the floor, just do your best to rid of most of the hair and I'm sure you will be fine Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: House cleaning?   house - House cleaning? EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 9:59 pm

If you can you might take you dogs somewhere else for the day when you are showing or people are looking at it..

Doggie day care
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

PostSubject: Re: House cleaning?   house - House cleaning? EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 12:35 am

The dogs will not be st the house at all when we show it. It just doesn't look pretty with all the hair. My experence with home buyers is they wanna see a spotless house. They don't wanna know the house had dogs in it. Just like you looking at a house that had all smokers in house. Thank god the house doesn't stink of dog. You would never know I had them intill u saw a fur ball chase you in the house lol just want to sale this place as quick as we can. I am wanting to hire a maid and do some extreme cleaning!!! Then I would clean what could and try to keep it up as best as I could.
Back to top Go down
darbear
Puppy
Puppy
darbear

Female Join date : 2013-03-04

PostSubject: Re: House cleaning?   house - House cleaning? EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 9:51 am

My boyfriends family has a husky and I know when they were selling their house, his mom would clean the house several times a day. She'd get up in the morning and vacuum/sweep the floors to collect any hair from the night before. If she needed anything else to be cleaned then she'd take care of that. She realtor would always let her know when someone would be coming by to look at the house so about an hour before they'd arrive she would go back over the house again to get any new hair that decided to accumulate.
It's a bit of an inconvenience to have to do that much, but we know with a husky the cleaning up their hair job is never ending. Good luck with selling the house and finding something more cozy Smile!
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: House cleaning?   house - House cleaning? EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 10:51 am

Since getting my husky I have stepped up to a shop vac over a normal vacuum and basically abandoned my broom. I set the vacuum on its lowest setting in the kitchen and just vacuum the tile. The hair doesn't fluff up and escape that. Then you can run the swiffer over it after to get the tiny dust it didn't get. I too live in a house that's for sale and most people don't want to know you have a dog even if they themselves have a dog simply because it brings up the question of, is my dog going to freak out when it smells the other dog if we move here? And, how many spots has that dog peed on the carpet and potentially ruined the carpet pad underneath, even if there isn't a stain anymore? I usually go about selling a house as if every buyer is allergic to animals. And they might be.

Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: House cleaning?   house - House cleaning? EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 12:38 pm

What kind of vacuum do you have? You need a good multi-floor vacuum. I use a Dyson DC25, then follow up with a  micro fiber deep clean mop with water or bona floor spray. My floors look spotless for a day or 2 when I do this!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: House cleaning?   house - House cleaning? EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 12:58 pm

I just switched to wood floors and I have noticed that the mid=crofiber mop with vinegar and water is good for the cleaning but the swiffer slightly wet (the wet swiffer is almost too wet) works well casue the hair sticks vs chasing it. I also have a dusterbuster on a handle or stick vaccum http://www.bissell.com/3-in-1-vac/
That vaccum does not prople the fur away from you so it works great for under the table etc.

Do not know if this helps but clean multiple time and suck suck suck that fur :tongue:good luck!

amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

PostSubject: Re: House cleaning?   house - House cleaning? EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 9:50 pm

Thank you guys!! Appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: House cleaning?   house - House cleaning? Empty

Back to top Go down

House cleaning?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1