It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Biting and Growling and Barking

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Moe4babylon
Newborn
Newborn
Moe4babylon

Male Join date : 2013-06-28

Biting and Growling and Barking Empty
PostSubject: Biting and Growling and Barking   Biting and Growling and Barking EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 6:51 am

Husky bit me realy hard?
My husky started biting me realy hard yesterday and today he has not stopped biting at all. We had guests over and for the first 10 minutes he was good than started biting. After a while i started playing with him and he continued to bit my legs and hands. He jumped on me qnd i pushed him away and he got all angry and started growling and barking. He started moving away and pouncing trying to bitme me. I just removed him out of the house, idnt no how to stop this behaviour please help
His 4 and a half months old. I will not hit or hurt him in any.
He gets walked every day as well.
Other than this biting his perfectly good. Listens to command walks on leash properly, no food or toy agression

Last edited by Moe4babylon on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KMay_0702
Newborn
Newborn
KMay_0702

Female Join date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Biting and Growling and Barking   Biting and Growling and Barking EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 8:47 am

The Pouncing, Growling, and Barking are probably just puppy play. Have you checked his teeth lately usually sudden biting and nipping indicate he's teething so that's probably why. I find that pushing them away when the start to bite just edges them on more and makes them want to bite, nip, pounce, bark, and growl more. Taking him and putting him outside was a good idea, it teaches him if he can't play nice, he can't play at all and can't be included in fun things if he does try to bite. Also when he tries to bite, try to redirect him to a toy, if that doesn't work just put him outside or in another room.
If he is in fact teething start giving him ice cubes or anything cold and frozen. One of my favorite tricks is to take a wash cloth, wet it down fold it in half, put some kibble or treats down the middle and roll it, then freeze it for awhile. He'll smell the kibble in it and start to chew and gnaw on it until it thaws out and he can get the kibble. Hope this Helps!
Back to top Go down
Moe4babylon
Newborn
Newborn
Moe4babylon

PostSubject: Re: Biting and Growling and Barking   Biting and Growling and Barking EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 9:11 am

Thanks alot, ill try those ideas, and yeah his teething. But im not sure the growling was him trying to play because he seemed angry and growling. Now his calmed down thanfully and is behaving very well. Thanx for the help Smile
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Biting and Growling and Barking   Biting and Growling and Barking EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 11:18 am

My puppy does that too, including the growling. He does it when he gets pushed over a certain threshold of excitement. It sounds like having the people over got him wound up. With my pup, its definitely play, but he just gets so wound up he loses his head and starts with that. When he does it in the apartment, he gets a 15 min break in his crate with a chew toy to calm down. That usually works. He also sometimes does it when he's overtired.
Back to top Go down
Moe4babylon
Newborn
Newborn
Moe4babylon

PostSubject: Re: Biting and Growling and Barking   Biting and Growling and Barking EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 5:27 am

Alright thanx, i thought i waz the only one with this problem. His still doing it but he stops when i take him outside. Will this habit remain with him for his life or is it just temperary coz his teething
Back to top Go down
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

Male Join date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Biting and Growling and Barking   Biting and Growling and Barking EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 11:44 pm

About a month ago Nanook got real aggressive with our son...barking,biting and growling. It lasted a few days, we were all very upset by it because our son loves him to death and he was starting to become afraid of him. Around day 3 we found 3 baby teeth on the floor and 2 more the next day. He has been fine since. It did take a few weeks for my son to fully trust Nanook again but they are buddies now.
Back to top Go down
Moe4babylon
Newborn
Newborn
Moe4babylon

PostSubject: Re: Biting and Growling and Barking   Biting and Growling and Barking EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:46 am

Thnx alot. I found that it had something to do with teething because he tries to bite everything even metal. But im not sure how to fix his behaviour his always aming for people. He almost bit my sisters head yesterday and whenevery i try to redirect his attension to chew toys his either somehow manage to rip them or ignores them and keeps going for me. Im a hundred percent sure its teething now, but how should i make him stop, nothing works
Thank you
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Biting and Growling and Barking   Biting and Growling and Barking EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 10:47 am

Have you seen the sticky on bite inhibition for puppies? Ignoring works, yelling "OW" really loud when he does it works, shoving a toy in his mouth instead of your hand works (the last two I used on Karli and we haven't had issues since.) The chewing will stop once he's done teething, until then give him lots of things that he's allowed to chew on, like toys and frozen things. Frozen washclothes were a lifesaver for us, she had one almost constantly while she was teething.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Biting and Growling and Barking   Biting and Growling and Barking Empty

Back to top Go down

Biting and Growling and Barking

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1