It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Runny Tummy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vvn_ng
Newborn
Newborn
vvn_ng

Male Join date : 2013-07-05

Runny Tummy Empty
PostSubject: Runny Tummy   Runny Tummy EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 1:44 am

Hi All,

My puppy has had a bad tummy for the past 6 weeks since we have had him.

We have taken him to the vet and gotten his stool tested and he was put on antibiotics for 5 days, and we changed him to a special vet recommended kibble.

His poo got better while on the antibiotics, but when the course finished it started to get runny again.

I am very worried about this and need any advice I could get.

We are going to take him back to the vet tomorrow and see what come from it.

I have tried to put him on boiled chicken and rice but this didn't work either.

Any recommendation would be appreciated.

Cheers

Vivi
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

Runny Tummy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runny Tummy   Runny Tummy EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 2:26 am

What are you feeding him?
Why did the vet put him on antibiotics? Was someting found in the stool?

Back to top Go down
vvn_ng
Newborn
Newborn
vvn_ng

Male Join date : 2013-07-05

Runny Tummy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runny Tummy   Runny Tummy EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 3:49 am

Sorry I posted another one on a thread called "puppy food help"

Hi All,

I have just joined the forum today.

I have had Schumi for about 7 weeks now and Iv been going through the exact thing, and still going.

Taken him to the vet, was told to put him on chicken and rice that didn't work.
He ended up pooing worse then before it was water like stool.

Took him back to the vet and a sample was taken and tested. Came back with some parasite, so he was put on antibiotics.

His on a vet recommended food (Eukanuba Intestinal Plus) he was doing very well on this food, while on the antibiotics, the stool was soft but a lot better.
Now his off the antibiotics, the runny stool is back.

Iv tried fasting him for a day, that didn't work.
Iv cut back his feeding portions, still not working.
Taken out all treats yet still no change.
Added probiotics to his food for a day and this didn't work (may have to try for more days)

Im taking him back to the vet this weekend, as I am getting very worried about his weight.
He is growing so fast and he looks so skinny.  

I am all out of ideas what to do.

I am so worried,

any suggestions will be very welcome.

By the way, I live in Australia so some food produce may not be available here.

Cheers

Vivian
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

Runny Tummy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runny Tummy   Runny Tummy EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 4:11 am

With what I can find about that food, it is chicken based and not grain free. It's very possible your pup has an intolerance or allergy to one or both of those items. You said you tried boiled chicken and rice and it didn't help...

Try eggs instead of chicken
Carrots, beans or peas instead of rice

There are several threads on here that mention the amounts to try. If the eggs concoction works, try finding a food that is not chicken-based. Dog Food Advisor is a really good resource for finding good-quality food and it gives a break down of the ingredients.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Runny Tummy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runny Tummy   Runny Tummy Empty

Back to top Go down

Runny Tummy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1