It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures Empty
PostSubject: Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures   Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 11:27 pm

Thought I would share some pictures of the dogs I got to hang out with this weekend.

Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures Edit210
Pixie

Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures Edit710
Heather (all white and very out of coat)

Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures Edit1010
Ziggy

Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures Edit1110
Stevie (actually didn't hang out with her but wanted a picture before she went in the ring)

Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures Edit3110
Random Rottie (Didn't hang out with him either but he was ringside as I was leaving so....)

Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures Edit3510
My most favoritest dog in the entire world - Fizzy

Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures Edit4310
Another Fizzy <3

Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures Edit4810
And last but not least, Beau! <3

Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures   Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 10:34 am

Beautiful pictures! They are so expressive.
Back to top Go down
TartokTikaani94
Puppy
Puppy
TartokTikaani94

Female Join date : 2013-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures   Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 5:11 pm

Wow, all the time we lived in Stillwater PA, I never knew they had dog shows in bloom. Such pretty little babies! I see though that none of them have blue eyes? I was just wondering if that's a common thing for show huskies, I always thought pretty much most huskies had blue eyes... lol.Smile 
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures   Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 6:34 pm

Blue ends tend to be more perfectly round which is a fault in the breed. The almond shaped eye is standard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures   Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 8:10 pm

You can have almond shaped eyes and have them be blue Smile

Blue eyes actually creates an illusion that the eye is too round.

Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures   Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 9:15 pm

Right, but the illusion is still going to be less desirable, yeah?
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures   Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 9:52 pm

Yes, but the way you had made it sound was the the color made the eye round instead of simply creating an illusion. At least that was how I read it. I apologize if I misunderstood

Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures   Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 10:04 pm

haha, ok, no that was not my intention. I mean think about it, the color itself is on the eyeball itself...the shape is created by the skin around the eye, not the eyeball itself.

So the color of the eyeball is not responsible for the shape of the eye, because that is determined by the skin around the eye.

At least that's what I would think makes the most sense.

Whether or not the color of the eyeball is correlated to actual shapes of the skin around the eye or not (in other words if it is actually different based on color or it is in fact an illusion), I have no idea Smile

In the show ring, it is the shape that counts.

Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures   Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 10:20 pm

As I have come to learn - everything in showing a dog is an illusion - at least the aspects that you can control. lol It is actually rather silly.

Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures   Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 10:23 pm

Onyx is actually a good example to use of how blue makes the eye look more round (as opposed to a dark eye)

Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures Onyx_h10

Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures   Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 11:03 pm

Niraya wrote:
As I have come to learn - everything in showing a dog is an illusion - at least the aspects that you can control. lol  It is actually rather silly.

Haha, well said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures   Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures Empty

Back to top Go down

Bloomsburg, PA show Day 2 pictures

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1