It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Sitka- Updated 12/2/10

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
...YouKnowWho
Forum Nazi and B*tcher
...YouKnowWho

Male Join date : 2009-05-18

Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 Empty
PostSubject: Sitka- Updated 12/2/10   Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 12:39 am

Well, here we go. You all can't make fun of me after I post this and I don't want to hear anything about Chad having a "soft side" either.

Name: Sitka
Family: Chad

I've never owned a dog before. When I got Sitka I had just broken up with a girl that I was going to get engaged to. My heart was broken and I felt empty. I wasn't used to staying alone, I always came home to an empty house and had resorted to alcohol to solve my problems. I had been looking online at different animals and the thought came into my head that it might help to have a companion that could accompany me wherever I went. It also crossed my mind that a companion would give me something to look forward to coming home to. So I took my very first trip to The Dumb Friends League (our local animal shelter here in Colorado) and started wandering around looking at all the dogs. As I walked by each and every dog they would bark, jump up on the glass and get all excited, it was heart breaking. When I came to Sitka, he and another husky were laying on the ground without a care in the world and sleeping. He was beautiful and had that look about him that showed mystery and intelligence.
Knowing absolutely nothing about Husky's I asked if I could be introduced to this dog. I sat in the room waiting, answered a few questions about my profession, why I wanted a dog, how many hours I worked, where I lived, etc. and then was given some information about Sitka. Apparently one of the vets opened up the shelter that morning to a surprise in the overnight drop box. Sitka was brought over during non-business hours, void of any tags or identification, not even a note and left in the hands of the shelter. So that day was his first day there and he was extremely scared. They also mentioned that he doesn't walk well on a leash.
I asked to meet him anyway. About 10 minutes later I saw a petite girl attempting to drag him into the room, his paws outstretched in front of him and his joints locked as he was skidding across the tiled floor. Once in the room I offered him my hand to sniff and he immediately pee'd on the floor. Once I got to petting him he wriggled his way under my chair and could not be coerced back out. He knew he could trust me and wasn't going to let anyone take me away from him. At this I signed the papers and made the adoption official.
I wasn't able to take delivery of him for 4 days because he had to be fixed, so I came in every day before work, during my lunch and after work taking him for walks and letting him look at the kittens playing through the glass window.
Since then Sitka has been a complete joy in my life. No matter how many things go wrong I can always be positive that I'll come home to my little "roo roo" (his nickname because of the low talking sounds that he makes to me) and he'll be happy to see me.

Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 Securedownload-3-2

Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 Sitka2

Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 Sitkapupsnow

Posts made by me are not associated or approved by itsahuskything.com. It is widely known that I am a misfit, ingrate, degenerate, brash, trenchant, sardonic, brusque, forthright individual. It should be remembered that all parties operate on the internet and any offense taken from the internet should immediately be followed by a thorough evaluation of one's personal sanity.

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

Last edited by ...YouKnowWho on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:55 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Sitka- Updated 12/2/10   Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 7:47 am

YAY! Welcome Chad and Sitka Smile I love that story. And I love the pictures. He's a very handsome man Smile
Back to top Go down
AliVegas
Newborn
Newborn
AliVegas

Female Join date : 2009-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Sitka- Updated 12/2/10   Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 2:57 pm

Aw cute story! Very Happy
So pretty!
Back to top Go down
...YouKnowWho
Forum Nazi and B*tcher
...YouKnowWho

PostSubject: Re: Sitka- Updated 12/2/10   Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 3:39 pm

AliVegas wrote:
Aw cute story! Very Happy
So pretty!

Why does it have to be cute?!? Why can't it be manly or something? Razz

Posts made by me are not associated or approved by itsahuskything.com. It is widely known that I am a misfit, ingrate, degenerate, brash, trenchant, sardonic, brusque, forthright individual. It should be remembered that all parties operate on the internet and any offense taken from the internet should immediately be followed by a thorough evaluation of one's personal sanity.

Back to top Go down
AliVegas
Newborn
Newborn
AliVegas

PostSubject: Re: Sitka- Updated 12/2/10   Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 4:14 pm

Maybe next time you can tell us a manly man story. Wink
Back to top Go down
...YouKnowWho
Forum Nazi and B*tcher
...YouKnowWho

PostSubject: Re: Sitka- Updated 12/2/10   Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 4:46 pm

AliVegas wrote:
Maybe next time you can tell us a manly man story. Wink

My "manly stories" belong in Off Topic where I don't have to worry about my language or topic.

Back to top Go down
rudukai13
Resident Teenager
rudukai13

Male Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Sitka- Updated 12/2/10   Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 4:48 pm

That's a pretty cool story Chad. I would think that quite a few guys get their first dog in similar ways.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Sitka- Updated 12/2/10   Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 5:00 pm

I think the story is very manly! Just like Sitka's balls Smile

...oh wait, he doesn't have any. Oh well! It's still a great story.
Back to top Go down
AliVegas
Newborn
Newborn
AliVegas

PostSubject: Re: Sitka- Updated 12/2/10   Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 5:04 pm

Koda wrote:
I think the story is very manly! Just like Sitka's balls Smile

...oh wait, he doesn't have any. Oh well! It's still a great story.

Zing.
Back to top Go down
...YouKnowWho
Forum Nazi and B*tcher
...YouKnowWho

PostSubject: Re: Sitka- Updated 12/2/10   Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 5:24 pm

Once I find my warning button you two are soooo dead.

Back to top Go down
AliVegas
Newborn
Newborn
AliVegas

PostSubject: Re: Sitka- Updated 12/2/10   Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 5:27 pm

I love you
Back to top Go down
sunshinehuskies
Teenager
Teenager
sunshinehuskies

Female Join date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Sitka- Updated 12/2/10   Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 5:57 pm

What a wonderful story Chad!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sunshinehuskies
Catherine
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Sitka- Updated 12/2/10   Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 EmptyThu May 28, 2009 12:59 pm

Awwww you ARE a big softie Chad and you have every reason to be Sitka is one big handsome hunk! I have this visual now of you coming home being greeted by your little 'roo roo' sunny
Back to top Go down
...YouKnowWho
Forum Nazi and B*tcher
...YouKnowWho

PostSubject: Re: Sitka- Updated 12/2/10   Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 1:34 am

So... I finally found out how to post videos from my iPhone directly to my YouTube account.

Sitka got a new toy today. It's some yellow thing that's got little nubs on it. He seems to enjoy it!

Back to top Go down
...YouKnowWho
Forum Nazi and B*tcher
...YouKnowWho

PostSubject: Re: Sitka- Updated 12/2/10   Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 1:42 am

More shameless dog post-whoring. This whole video thing is pretty cool.

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Sitka- Updated 12/2/10   Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 12:08 pm

the video is great! you really do own a dog! i wish i could figure out how to get video up and runing should work on that, Jack is so funny playing with his toys and even seirra, the 2 of them got into one hell of a fight this monring and i should have taped it!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Sitka- Updated 12/2/10   Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 2:28 pm

LOL- wow! Chad owns a fatty! Chubby chaser much, Chad? Exercise your damn dog!

I love you

Sitka is adorable Smile I love how he talks to you!

Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
...YouKnowWho
Forum Nazi and B*tcher
...YouKnowWho

PostSubject: Re: Sitka- Updated 12/2/10   Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 6:29 pm

Sitka went to play outside... but then he just kind of walked around and sniffed. He's a bum. Here's a video anyway.

Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Sitka- Updated 12/2/10   Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 6:32 pm

Aww! He's such a talker Smile

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Sitka- Updated 12/2/10   Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 6:37 pm

Well i would be a bum to if i was stuck on a lead. let the boy run! or better yet you go run with him! love the talking in the video, need to meet Sitka one day.
Back to top Go down
...YouKnowWho
Forum Nazi and B*tcher
...YouKnowWho

PostSubject: Re: Sitka- Updated 12/2/10   Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 6:46 pm

He runs... away.

Back to top Go down
...YouKnowWho
Forum Nazi and B*tcher
...YouKnowWho

PostSubject: Re: Sitka- Updated 12/2/10   Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:37 pm

Hung out at my friends house all day today. Brought Sitka along to play with the doggies.

Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 Securedownload-1-9

Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 Securedownload-2-7

Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 Securedownload-19

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Sitka- Updated 12/2/10   Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:46 pm

I thought you said they were playing?
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Sitka- Updated 12/2/10   Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 8:29 pm

jbealer wrote:
I thought you said they were playing?
Haha! Those were my thoughts too! Smile

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Sitka- Updated 12/2/10   Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 8:41 pm

Chad you need to get your dog out more!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sitka- Updated 12/2/10   Sitka- Updated 12/2/10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sitka- Updated 12/2/10

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next