It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Natures Variety PROBLEMS!-WARNING! PICTURES OF NASTY POOP!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

Natures Variety PROBLEMS!-WARNING! PICTURES OF NASTY POOP! Empty
PostSubject: Natures Variety PROBLEMS!-WARNING! PICTURES OF NASTY POOP!   Natures Variety PROBLEMS!-WARNING! PICTURES OF NASTY POOP! EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 11:54 pm

Okay..I can't win. The dogs have gotten worse and I don't know what to do. I will be scheduling a vet appointment as soon as I can, but I work three jobs and my vet is 2 hours away. So here is a backstory.

I have had my dogs on a rotating diet for over a year now. They have had Natures Variety Instinct Rawboost before (the chicken and duck flavor), and they did wonderful on it and I loved it. I switched because the online retailer I was using upped their prices and I wanted to try TOTW. I recently went back to it and it was a disaster. They started out just having nasty farts every now and then, so I watched closely. Then they started to cough and gag, then throw their food up. THEN they started having semi soft poops, throwing their food up, having soft serve, then the squirts, then uncontrollable diarrhea. I took them off the food, and my foster Sibe Ares seemed to have the worst "reaction". He had multiple accidents in his kennel and in the house. We did a 24 hour fast and then introduced a scrambled eggs and boiled chicken dinner. Then they lost it. They were home for THREE hours alone, and I came home to Armageddon of the shit variety. I am going to post pictures, so people can understand what I am talking about. Please help me... The last picture is the "poop" that came out of Shebs.

For clarifications; these pictures were taken AFTER the 24 hour fast and AFTER each dog had 3 scrambled eggs with one boiled chicken breast. Also, after we had fed them the egg meal, Ares had two accidents overnight. I figured maybe it was just too much too soon for him, but then THIS happened...

Natures Variety PROBLEMS!-WARNING! PICTURES OF NASTY POOP! 34go9br
Natures Variety PROBLEMS!-WARNING! PICTURES OF NASTY POOP! E0oal0
Natures Variety PROBLEMS!-WARNING! PICTURES OF NASTY POOP! 34edr0p
Natures Variety PROBLEMS!-WARNING! PICTURES OF NASTY POOP! 2vtd4qh
Natures Variety PROBLEMS!-WARNING! PICTURES OF NASTY POOP! 21o33mh

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
NovasHuman
Teenager
Teenager
NovasHuman

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Natures Variety PROBLEMS!-WARNING! PICTURES OF NASTY POOP!   Natures Variety PROBLEMS!-WARNING! PICTURES OF NASTY POOP! EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 12:12 am

I would definitely take them to a vet, especially since all of them are having these problems. The first one reminded me of Nova's poop when she had giarrdia. Good luck, let us know what the vet says, and I hope they don't have anything!
Back to top Go down
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Natures Variety PROBLEMS!-WARNING! PICTURES OF NASTY POOP!   Natures Variety PROBLEMS!-WARNING! PICTURES OF NASTY POOP! EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 12:25 am

I agree on vet needed to do stool sample and testing. I would think parasite or some other underlying cause as well. I have had food sit wrong with one of my dogs, but never a group of them consistently. In the meantime, if you can find another vet closer, maybe your actual vet could recommend some anti diarrehea medication that you could pick up closer. I know my vet did this when my dogs epilepsy acted up when I was out of town with her.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Natures Variety PROBLEMS!-WARNING! PICTURES OF NASTY POOP!   Natures Variety PROBLEMS!-WARNING! PICTURES OF NASTY POOP! EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 8:54 am

Something that has worked really well for me for Dizzy (everything gives that dog the runs) is a supplement called gastriplex. It also helped Heather with her dog Mila (she's on raw but went from on-going cannon butt to fossil poops in 2 days). I'm not sure what variety of totw you tried, but I tried the pacific stream for Dizzy and he never could get solid on that so I gave up. Eventually I found he can handle the sierra mountain, but anything with fish or chicken sets him off. Merrick works well for him and even though its expensive at least I'm not ordering a bunch of different dog foods and dealing with diarrhea all the time. So I combine any flavor of Merrick that doesn't have fish/chicken with any flavor of totw that doesn't have chicken/fish. So right now he gets half sierra mountain totw and half Merrick beef & sweet potato. That way if there's a recall I'm not screwed since I can just switch to one or the other. Either way I would start with a 48 hour fast, and then just do eggs and one veggie, green beans, carrot, or pumpkin for at least a few days to a week. It might have been the chicken that was setting them off. Honestly it does sound like they picked up some kind of infection somewhere though. You could also do a worming just to be sure. If you think it might be giardia you can treat that with 5 days of pancur C. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
NovasHuman
Teenager
Teenager
NovasHuman

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Natures Variety PROBLEMS!-WARNING! PICTURES OF NASTY POOP!   Natures Variety PROBLEMS!-WARNING! PICTURES OF NASTY POOP! EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 9:22 am

Did you ever figure out what was going on with your group?
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Natures Variety PROBLEMS!-WARNING! PICTURES OF NASTY POOP!   Natures Variety PROBLEMS!-WARNING! PICTURES OF NASTY POOP! EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 10:15 am

Yes interested to know?
The first picture looks like B's "I am allergic to turkey" poops but they were greasy not sure by pic if greasy.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Natures Variety PROBLEMS!-WARNING! PICTURES OF NASTY POOP!   Natures Variety PROBLEMS!-WARNING! PICTURES OF NASTY POOP! Empty

Back to top Go down

Natures Variety PROBLEMS!-WARNING! PICTURES OF NASTY POOP!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1