It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Stubborness

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vonoobs14
Puppy
Puppy
vonoobs14

Male Join date : 2013-04-23

Stubborness  Empty
PostSubject: Stubborness    Stubborness  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 4:38 am

Rylai was once a VERY OBEDIENT especially during trainings.
And now, she's 10 months old, i think she's a bit stubborn now .. Sad
She wont listen to me in times of training. I use clicker training

PS: i have stopped training her for like months because i was so busy about my studies .
Any tips ?
Back to top Go down
fuhongnie
Newborn
Newborn
fuhongnie

Male Join date : 2013-10-14

Stubborness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stubborness    Stubborness  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 7:38 am

Might be the dread husky teenage years
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

Stubborness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stubborness    Stubborness  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:53 am

I agree. It definitely sounds like the teenage years have begun. Although, you should definitely continue the training even if it's just a smaller amount every day.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

Stubborness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stubborness    Stubborness  EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 8:51 am

Back to top Go down
vonoobs14
Puppy
Puppy
vonoobs14

Stubborness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stubborness    Stubborness  EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 11:47 am

What should I do about this ?
Should I just ignore her and all ?
ehehe
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

Stubborness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stubborness    Stubborness  EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:02 pm

Just keep up with your training. Make her earn her treats and wait for her food, basic stuff.
Back to top Go down
moto1087
Teenager
Teenager
moto1087

Male Join date : 2013-07-08

Stubborness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stubborness    Stubborness  EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:21 pm

lol... reading all this makes me laugh, i believe rikku just joined the teenage stage. in the past week or so she has went from knowing all sorts of tricks and listening and almost never having to be on a leash (except on walks) to not knowing any tricks (or rather just doing the ones she feels like) not listening having to be put on a leash when we go out side in a fenced yard because she refuses to listen to any one lol... throwing little tantrums when she is not getting her way... i cant help but to just laugh at it
Back to top Go down
RabbleFox
Newborn
Newborn
RabbleFox

Female Join date : 2013-10-16

Stubborness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stubborness    Stubborness  EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:31 pm

Training should occur everday! Try to split 30 minutes of training into 2 different sessions. 15 minutes in the morning, 15 minutes in the evening.

Make her work for her meals. Half of it can go in the bowl, the other half you can use as "treats". We practice the basics every night (sit, down, around, come). If we've time or I'm bored, we can work on new or fancy tricks. Bae works for kibble. You may have to "reload" your clicker since you stopped using it.

This might be a combination of teenage Husky-ness and lack of recent training. Get back on the clicker band wagon and I'm sure you can get her furry butt right back into training shape. Smile
Back to top Go down
vonoobs14
Puppy
Puppy
vonoobs14

Stubborness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stubborness    Stubborness  EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:03 am

Thank you.
But the thing is, when i am about to start the training (during her meals), there are times, lots of times that she would run away and sometimes just lay down and pretend I am not around ! hahaha lol.

What should I do ? should i try putting a leash during training ?
Back to top Go down
RabbleFox
Newborn
Newborn
RabbleFox

Female Join date : 2013-10-16

Stubborness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stubborness    Stubborness  EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:07 am

Yes! That way she has to stay and participate. Huskies are silly creatures who only do as they please. Best to make it very rewarding for her. When you tear her with kibbles, put a few special treats in there to mix it up. Makes it more interesting for them.

Use a leash and sprinkle some high value treats in your "treat kibble" so that dinnertime training becomes super fun.
Back to top Go down
vonoobs14
Puppy
Puppy
vonoobs14

Stubborness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stubborness    Stubborness  EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 11:10 am

ok sure ! thanks thanks ! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stubborness  Empty