It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Infection/big bump between toes.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

Infection/big bump between toes.  Empty
PostSubject: Infection/big bump between toes.    Infection/big bump between toes.  EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 9:47 am

Nikolai has an infection between his toe again on his right paw. This is the third time that it has happened. It is like a huge bump in between his toe that turns his entire paw this dark red. Last time it happened he got some antibiotics and this blue liquid that we have to soak his paw in twice a day. That got rid of it but its now back again, and way worse. I'm wondering if maybe this is now a food allergy or something and it isn't a cut that just got infected like we thought last time. I've been soaking it again in the blue liquid that we had left over, and I'm considering cutting out the Honest Kitchen and see if that could be the problem, where I feel like it never happened when he was only eating Orijen. I'm going the vet soon, but I'm wondering if it could be a food allergy, or if its something that is actually really alarming. I just don't want to put him back on antibiotics if it isn't necessary, where he was only on it a couple of months ago.

Has this ever happened to anyone elses huskies? If so, how did you fix it, and did you find out what was causing it?
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Infection/big bump between toes.    Infection/big bump between toes.  EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 9:53 am

This happened to my first pup once when she was young. It turned out it was something that had gotten stuck in her paw that had caused the bump and infection. I didn't notice it until she cut it open and was leaving bloody footprints around. For her, they had to remove the bump and put her on pretty strong antibiotics because by that time the infection was pretty bad. Has your vet ever suggested removing it?
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Infection/big bump between toes.    Infection/big bump between toes.  EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 10:05 am

Yeah, thats what we always thought in the beginning, and she told us to just pop it and if it came back then we would have a problem. So it did come back and then she prescribed an antibiotic and it seemed to go away, and then all of a sudden in the same spot it is back again and bigger and I have no idea how long its been growing, cause we only notice when the whole paw turns that red color. So maybe we did miss it the first time, and it just started getting infected again. When my boyfriend tried to get the puss out of it the other day, it was just blood so he had to stop. I will try to get a better look and see if we are some how missing that something is stuck in there. If there is, I will feel like the worse mommy ever that he has been having this much pain and he has been running around with it.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Infection/big bump between toes.    Infection/big bump between toes.  EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 10:11 am

Oh no, don't feel bad. Tasha showed no signs that it bothered her until it was pretty far gone. If I remember correctly, the vet had to put her under, or at least sedate her to get it removed. Also I think the object had dissolved, but the infected tissue was still there causing the problem. They basically did a minor surgery to get rid of the infected tissue and then the antibiotics for the remaining. Her infection was starting to spread by the time she showed any problem.
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Infection/big bump between toes.    Infection/big bump between toes.  EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 10:15 am

Ugh, that would be awful if they had to put him under again, but if necessary, obviously it will have to be done.

Yeah I mean, he doesn't limp or anything and just recently starting biting at it and licking it. I just called the vet, so hopefully she will get back to me soon and we can see what we can do. It would be a relief for it to not be a food allergy cause he already has so many of those already, I don't think I could handle anymore proteins that he can't eat!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Infection/big bump between toes.    Infection/big bump between toes.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Infection/big bump between toes.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1