It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Had a scare last night with our senior

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Huskydad
Teenager
Teenager
Huskydad

night - Had a scare last night with our senior Empty
PostSubject: Had a scare last night with our senior   night - Had a scare last night with our senior EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 3:54 pm

Had a scare with Denali, our almost 15 year old husky, last night. My wife heard her crying last night and found her in the garage unable to get up and swimming in her own crap. She got her up and cleaned up the best she could but Denali kept falling down. When I got home, I found her on the kitchen floor unable to get up. I got her up, cleaned her some more but she kept falling down plus she seemed in a daze. I finally got her to lay down on the carpet and fed her some meat, gave her some water, and gave her some calming treats. She finally settled down but both of us felt that if she didn't improve by morning that we would have to euthanize her. Neither of us slept good last night.
Thankfully, she is doing better this morning, she has been up and about alot and hasn't fallen down at all. She also ate real good. Thinking back on last night, I think she had a seizure. She had been prone to them in the past but hasn't had any for many years. I had weaned her off her meds to 1 every 3 days with vet approval so now she is going back on a daily dose.
Back to top Go down
Kellyb
Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Had a scare last night with our senior   night - Had a scare last night with our senior EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 3:56 pm

Poor Denali! I hope she feels better on the meds.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Had a scare last night with our senior   night - Had a scare last night with our senior EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 3:57 pm

Aw! Poor girl! I just lost my 16 year old girl in October. So glad to hear Denali is better this morning.
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Had a scare last night with our senior   night - Had a scare last night with our senior EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 4:05 pm

wpskier222 wrote:
Aw! Poor girl! I just lost my 16 year old girl in October. So glad to hear Denali is better this morning.
We lost our 16 year old Chow mix in July. It was very hard.

I hope Denali continues to do better with her medication.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Had a scare last night with our senior   night - Had a scare last night with our senior EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 4:57 pm

that would scare me to! glad she is better today and i hope she keep improving!

Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Had a scare last night with our senior   night - Had a scare last night with our senior EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 6:06 pm

My friend's 15 y/o husky doesn't do well on smooth surfaces either. She gated off her kitchen and laid some traction mats down (like work out mats I think). She also told me that booties help with traction.

Good luck and hope Denali hangs in there. The only way I could tell when my Airdale used to have seizures is when there were slobber marks on the floor and he had a real dazed look in his eye. Miss that guy. I would also go back with the daily dosage of meds. Make sure it doesn't affect her kidneys though.
Back to top Go down
Huskydad
Teenager
Teenager
Huskydad

PostSubject: Re: Had a scare last night with our senior   night - Had a scare last night with our senior EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 2:05 pm

She is potassium bromide which doesn't affect the kidneys like others. Last night she got stuck at the doggie door that comes into the house from the garage so I put some carpet on the garage floor. She has slipped there a number of times and I am gonna get another rug for the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Had a scare last night with our senior   night - Had a scare last night with our senior EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 3:17 pm

Hoping she improves.
Back to top Go down
GingerDog
Puppy
Puppy
GingerDog

Female Join date : 2013-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Had a scare last night with our senior   night - Had a scare last night with our senior EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 11:34 pm

Poor kid, hopefully it was "just" a seizure and the daily doses of meds will help!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Had a scare last night with our senior   night - Had a scare last night with our senior Empty

Back to top Go down

Had a scare last night with our senior

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1