It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

1 year old, all white male Husky needs a forever home! Near Chicago!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Curly614
Newborn
Newborn

home - 1 year old, all white male Husky needs a forever home! Near Chicago! Empty
PostSubject: 1 year old, all white male Husky needs a forever home! Near Chicago!   home - 1 year old, all white male Husky needs a forever home! Near Chicago! EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 1:59 pm

I am forced to give up my 12 month old, male, neutered Husky that I rescued off the street about 5 months ago. I thought I had more time to spend with him and keep him happy. Unfortunately with work and class,  I am never home anymore. I am gone normally 9 hours a day forcing him to be confined to a crate while I am not home. While he seems to be just fine in the there, I know that is no life for him. Also, I don't have a high fence or big enough yard and he is an escape artist. You give him enough time and he will be over or under a 6ft fence in a minute. I made the mistake of assuming he would "grow" into my cat. However, both of these guys are not too fond of one another and I have had my cat since I was 10. I don't trust the local shelters around here because there has been confirmed reports that even if they are, "no kill" they will eventually send them off to a kill shelter if they don't get adopted after awhile. I need a foster rescue that will screen the home he is going to before he gets adopted. He isn't just a dog I pulled off the street anymore, he is a part of the family but I just can't keep him. Any information or help would be greatly appreciate. He has all his shots and blood work all up to date. I live in the Northwest Indiana region which is roughly 40 minutes away from the heart of Chicago. I am willing to drive far and wide to get him to a good home. I was ready to make a trip to Canada to a place that I THOUGHT was perfect but when they found out he was neutered they backed out half-way through. I'm assuming he was just going to be used for breeding. Thanks guys, I have been working like CRAZY to find him a good home. I am hoping this could be my final stop! You can call or text at  anytime 219 - 614 - 7624

- Mike

home - 1 year old, all white male Husky needs a forever home! Near Chicago! 20131213_192827

home - 1 year old, all white male Husky needs a forever home! Near Chicago! 20140103_110226
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

home - 1 year old, all white male Husky needs a forever home! Near Chicago! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 year old, all white male Husky needs a forever home! Near Chicago!   home - 1 year old, all white male Husky needs a forever home! Near Chicago! EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 2:09 pm

Have you talked to Free Spirit Siberian Husky Rescue? Northern Lights is up that way as well, and they should be able to help you.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

home - 1 year old, all white male Husky needs a forever home! Near Chicago! 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Curly614
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: 1 year old, all white male Husky needs a forever home! Near Chicago!   home - 1 year old, all white male Husky needs a forever home! Near Chicago! EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 2:16 pm

blueeyedghost wrote:
Have you talked to Free Spirit Siberian Husky Rescue? Northern Lights is up that way as well, and they should be able to help you.

No I have not! I will check them out immediately though thank you! You get a lot of spam when you search, "Husky Rescue" a lot of these places I had my hopes up about have been shutdown for awhile. I will contact them.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: 1 year old, all white male Husky needs a forever home! Near Chicago!   home - 1 year old, all white male Husky needs a forever home! Near Chicago! EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 2:19 pm

You're welcome, and good luck!

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

home - 1 year old, all white male Husky needs a forever home! Near Chicago! 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1 year old, all white male Husky needs a forever home! Near Chicago!   home - 1 year old, all white male Husky needs a forever home! Near Chicago! Empty

Back to top Go down

1 year old, all white male Husky needs a forever home! Near Chicago!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1