It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods Empty
PostSubject: Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods   Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 4:14 pm

My mom has been a professional seamstress, quilter, and sewing teacher since before I was born, and she recently launched her own custom embroidery business. She's been doing stuff for a local dog boutique, and I told her I'd make a post advertising here as well. She can do pretty much anything, and has been doing a lot of bandannas and customized collars. She also did a set of napkins for Claudia a while back, and can now make them far more quickly because she got a professional grade embroidery machine. She's got stock products as well as the customized stuff too. The bandannas are $15 each, I'm not sure about pricing for other things. Her email is laurie.b@comcast.net if you want more info.  Here are some examples of what she has:

Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods 3d1535c315baaf6dc46fe3c259106a40_zpsfade1b35

Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods Ffa98d6e89fa4a211a805838c7921fe4_zps8c702b28

Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods Dafd7be7d5790d31b22a95c9a98e10c1_zps426fa23a

She can do any team color set and any saying on them. This was for the Army/Navy game:
Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods 12bf4f1183dfd2a8eaa4330b3b41d226_zps37ebbc49

And here is Shadow modeling. Caption is "draw me like one of your French girls, Jack!"
Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods 8a3716cc3a80bec06b13d7662743a78e_zpsb8750fc6

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Hollyfrost
Teenager
Teenager

Male Join date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods   Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 4:41 pm

This looks lovely Smile shame I don't live closer than I do.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods   Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 4:50 pm

I can ask her about international shipping Smile

ETA: She can ship internationally, it's just a little more for shipping and it takes a bit longer.

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Hollyfrost
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods   Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 4:56 pm

The problem is that shipping from the US to here is gonna be crazy expensive :Dat least it has been when I have looked into it before. But it could be good to know if I feel that I have some extra money left over in the future. As long as it isnt too bothersome for her to check Smile

Edit: That's great to know! I might not need anything new for a while though. I don't feel like buying something made with love that my puppy would only end up destroying Sad I'll keep this in mind! Smile
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods   Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 5:00 pm

Haha I know that feeling. We're just now getting nice things again.

Back to top Go down
Hollyfrost
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods   Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 5:06 pm

Worst part of puppyhood - can't buy pretty things Sad
I've been trying to find someone who makes nice, costumized collars in Sweden and Finland for a good while now but without any results. I am seriously picky lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods   Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 6:39 pm

I can say these bandanas are wonderful! Meredith was our secret Santa and had her mom make two for us. We will definitely be ordering some more for family and friends!
Back to top Go down
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

PostSubject: Re: Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods   Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 8:16 pm

Love the "Titanic" reference!lol!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods   Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 11:38 am

Here's the napkins that she's made for me!  
Ginger and Storm napkins!

Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods 10981210

Adult
Adult
Hughie

PostSubject: Re: Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods   Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 11:52 am

Oh I like the napkins too! Very clever!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods   Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 1:54 pm

Thanks for posting those, Claudia!

Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods   Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 7:45 pm

They turned out better than the picture shows. Of course, I don't want to use my napkins unless it's a 'clean' dinner so they don't get stained! And the dishtowels are only used to to wipe dry clean pots and pans! LOL! I'll eventually use them, but for now, they are still 'pretty'!  Razz 

Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods   Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods EmptyFri May 09, 2014 9:31 pm

Just thought I'd bump this up because I got some scarves for Yukon. They came really fast with a nice note too. However the best part was that I only ordered one scarf, but Meredith's mom was so awesome that she gave me another one for free! They're really nice too, here's some pictures:

Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods 02710

Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods 02810

Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods 02910

Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods 03010

Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods 03110
Back to top Go down
kylah2013
Teenager
Teenager
kylah2013

Female Join date : 2014-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods   Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods EmptyFri May 16, 2014 10:26 am

Do you know if she does dog blankets?
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods   Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods EmptyFri May 16, 2014 11:05 am

Probably, I'll find out Smile

Back to top Go down
kylah2013
Teenager
Teenager
kylah2013

Female Join date : 2014-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods   Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods EmptyFri May 30, 2014 9:50 pm

Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods <a href=Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods 20140530_204121" />

Here's the birthday scarf I just ordered for kylah. I can't wait to use it. It turned out so cute! I highly recommend her, she does beautiful work.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods   Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods EmptySat May 31, 2014 10:37 am

I will definitely need to order myself some of these once I get moved into the new apt and financials are all settled Very Happy They're so cute!
Back to top Go down
ICRedz
Puppy
Puppy
ICRedz

Female Join date : 2013-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods   Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods EmptySat May 31, 2014 4:36 pm

I just found this thread, and I'm awfully tempted! Do you have any pictures of custom collars? I may have to order Achilles an American flag bandana or something!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods   Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods EmptySat May 31, 2014 5:48 pm

The Facebook page will be going live in the next few days, I'm building it for her. The page actually exists, as of right now it just doesn't have examples up there. That's one of my weekend projects Wink

Courtney, she doesn't have any pictures of collars yet but she can do them. I'd also imagine she's stocking up on 4th of July themed fabric as well. Also, she can do Air Force themed stuff if you ask her, she's done some Navy stuff for us Smile

The Facebook page is called Laurie B Creates, and while there's not much up yet you're welcome to go like the page and wait for stuff to get posted.

Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods   Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods EmptySat May 31, 2014 8:42 pm

I can't find her page, Mer! Sad

blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods   Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods EmptySat May 31, 2014 9:39 pm

Huh, ok. Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a look when we get home in a little bit.

Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods   Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 12:32 pm

Alright, it's fixed and should be searchable. I've uploaded a few pictures, and am working on getting more from people she's made things for. Feel free to go like the page now Smile

Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods   Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 10:40 am

It works I just checked it out!!!!  Very Happy 

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods   Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods Empty

Back to top Go down

Laurie B Creates: custom embroidered dog and human goods

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1