It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Greetings from the Oregon Coast

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
April Dawn
Newborn
Newborn
April Dawn

Greetings from the Oregon Coast Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from the Oregon Coast   Greetings from the Oregon Coast EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 11:37 pm

Hello....I am a new member to this site and would like to introduce myself and my baby, MALAKAI...My name is April and reside on the beautiful Oregon Coast. 8 months ago my boyfriend and I were in search for either a Siberian Husky or German Shepherd puppy and came across our Malakai on Craig's List and fell in love almost instant. We were a little skeptical at first due to him being a cross breed of German Shepherd and Siberian Husky so we went to visit him and that was all it took; it was love at first sight!  Malakai is now 10 months old and oh boy what a handful he is!  He is a very very smart dog and trains very easily however he is very dominating and tries to be the ALPHA all the time but my boyfriend tells him otherwise  He has this issue with NOT wanting to listen to me at all! UGH! It has been quite the adventure with teaching him "NO" and to "CALM" down LOL. Malakai is very hyper. The vet informed my boyfriend that he needs a lot of socialization and obedience due to him lunging at them while trying to get him sedated for his being neutered. I told them what do you expect; we bring him to a place that he does not know and have to rush him in a room and just leave him with strangers and being scared and nervous already!  (They didn't like that comment) He needs LOTS of exercise for sure and we do our best to take him to the beach almost every day to allow him to run...we can actually release him from his leash (when no one is around) and he will obey our every command! For the most part Malakai resembles the GSD very much however he has the one blue eye and is very very vocal like the Husky dog. We love our boy!!!]
Greetings from the Oregon Coast <a href=Greetings from the Oregon Coast Gorgeo13" />
Back to top Go down
counter
Teenager
Teenager

Male Join date : 2013-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Oregon Coast   Greetings from the Oregon Coast EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 12:01 am

Ah! There you are. Ha. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
April Dawn
Newborn
Newborn
April Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Oregon Coast   Greetings from the Oregon Coast EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 12:06 am

counter wrote:
Ah! There you are. Ha. Welcome.
HaHA yes I made it here...Thank you for suggesting this site...seems more helpful indeed  Cool 
Back to top Go down
counter
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Oregon Coast   Greetings from the Oregon Coast EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 12:30 am

Yes, lots of good info to read through.
Back to top Go down
April Dawn
Newborn
Newborn
April Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Oregon Coast   Greetings from the Oregon Coast EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 12:52 am

There sure is...very interesting topics...the pic you have with your signature, is that one of your Husks?
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Oregon Coast   Greetings from the Oregon Coast EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 3:40 pm

Welcome! I visited the Oregon coast a couple years ago, Umpqua Lighthouse State Park is just gorgeous. There was a Wine Cave I visited too. A huge fan of pinot noir. Some day I hope to live in the NW...

Your dog looks beautiful. Sounds like his behavior is very "husky-esque" lol. They are known for their independence. Glad to have you here! Smile
Back to top Go down
April Dawn
Newborn
Newborn
April Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Oregon Coast   Greetings from the Oregon Coast EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 3:54 pm

Thank you...are they known for NOT listening also lol
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Oregon Coast   Greetings from the Oregon Coast EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 5:24 pm

April Dawn wrote:

ha ha, yeah, that's what I mean by "independence". They are certainly selective listeners. LOL
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Oregon Coast   Greetings from the Oregon Coast EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 9:19 pm

CavingSiberian wrote:

April Dawn wrote:

ha ha, yeah, that's what I mean by "independence". They are certainly selective listeners. LOL

Ami listens very well. Whether he chooses to comply, now that's another story and usually depends upon the presence of kibble Laughing 
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Oregon Coast   Greetings from the Oregon Coast EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 10:29 pm

Hi from PDX.
We love Arch Cape and Falcon Cove!
Back to top Go down
April Dawn
Newborn
Newborn
April Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Oregon Coast   Greetings from the Oregon Coast EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 1:36 am

Well Malakai listens only when he wants to or It's dad talking....he likes to "nip" at us too when we are disciplining him...
Back to top Go down
April Dawn
Newborn
Newborn
April Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Oregon Coast   Greetings from the Oregon Coast EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 1:37 am

And vocal.....oh man is he vocal....especially in the morning getting us up!! Lol
Back to top Go down
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Oregon Coast   Greetings from the Oregon Coast EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 6:14 am

He is really neat looking, I like his color, is that a trait of a certain line of Husky? Oh and welcome Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
counter
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Oregon Coast   Greetings from the Oregon Coast EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 10:43 am

April Dawn wrote:
...the pic you have with your signature,  is that one of your Huskies?

Yuppers! That's my handsome Paw Paw man!! I took that pic in my backyard up on Mount Scott in Portland, OR. Here's the full version, although resized to meet forum rules. Looks like I cropped it down for the signature.

Greetings from the Oregon Coast 287804_3778681557733_516955952_o
Back to top Go down
April Dawn
Newborn
Newborn
April Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Oregon Coast   Greetings from the Oregon Coast EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 11:27 am

Wow...Paw Paw is very handsome indeed.....beautiful pic..
Back to top Go down
counter
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Oregon Coast   Greetings from the Oregon Coast EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 11:49 am

April Dawn wrote:
Wow...Paw Paw is very handsome indeed.....beautiful pic..

Thanks so much! Too bad I didn't still live in OR, we could get our pups together for a playdate.

Here's Paw Paw as a pup:

Greetings from the Oregon Coast 463101_10151468147453357_207292012_o

And here's my other fav pic of him (besides the one in my sig). This was taken at the pond in the Lincoln Memorial Cemetery on Mount Scott in Portland, walking distance from our house at the time:

Greetings from the Oregon Coast 209529_1826503474501_2857445_o
Back to top Go down
April Dawn
Newborn
Newborn
April Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Oregon Coast   Greetings from the Oregon Coast EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 11:51 am

Oh my gosh!!! Stunning boy!! Yes it is too bad...I need to get MALAKAI socializing more...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Oregon Coast   Greetings from the Oregon Coast Empty

Back to top Go down

Greetings from the Oregon Coast

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1