It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hi all husky parents, from sunny South Africa :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ZoéQ
Newborn
Newborn
ZoéQ

Female Join date : 2014-03-30

Hi all husky parents, from sunny South Africa :) Empty
PostSubject: Hi all husky parents, from sunny South Africa :)   Hi all husky parents, from sunny South Africa :) EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 8:43 am

Hi there everyone  wave 

My name is Erika and I live in Gauteng, South Africa. I'm the proud mommy of Shylo - the husky and Nemo - the mini australian sheppard.

I've been lurking around this forum for about a year and a half now, before finally being able to join in. I stumbled upon it while doing research about huskies before deciding whether I could handle the responsibly. You have all been a tremendous help in raising my little girl. Don't think I would have made it this far otherwise  Razz 

While house sitting for friends a few years ago, I fell head over heels in love with their husky and decided to start looking into the breed as my next fur baby. So when my little maltese girl (Zoe) passed away last year, after 14 very blessed years with her by my side, I took the plunge and got Shylo (name means - His gift)  I love you 

It has been an adventure with lost of laughs, lost of hair pulling (my own) and a few tears along the way. Nothing you read or hear can quite prepare you for what it entails. Its been a huge learning curve but I wouldn't trade her for anything. In the first few months I though you were all crazy for getting more than one of these little monsters, but after almost a year - I get it. I'm already starting to think about getting another one when Shylo is about 4-5 years old. Though the thought of being owned by 2 huskies...makes me a bit scared affraid 

I'm hoping to make some awesome new friends on here who understands my passion for dogs. Maybe being able to talk about the things only other husky owners understand, will keep me sane when things get crazy  Shocked 

This is my baby girl, Shylo:
558]Hi all husky parents, from sunny South Africa :) Shylo213[/url]

This is Nemo, my very spcial boy (diabetes afected his eyesight a lot):
558]Hi all husky parents, from sunny South Africa :) Nemo2011[/url]

Looking forward to getting to know everyone better and receiving some more great advise in taming my blue eyed monster bounce
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Hi all husky parents, from sunny South Africa :)   Hi all husky parents, from sunny South Africa :) EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 10:55 am

Welcome. Shylo is very pretty. They are a very addictive breed. Don't hesitate to ask questions or post pictures. We love pictures. The more the better.

Newborn
Newborn
ZoéQ

PostSubject: Re: Hi all husky parents, from sunny South Africa :)   Hi all husky parents, from sunny South Africa :) EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 12:24 pm

Thank you for the welcome Jenn  Very Happy 

Kenzi is beautiful!  I love the color, its so warm and inviting to hugs.

They are indeed addictive,  though I never thought I'd say that. Makes me think of an "eat-some-more" cookie we have here. You just gotta have more! Lol. I'll probably be asking loads of questions seeing that this is my first husky (and first forum ever). All the research in the world can't prepare you for their antics.

I'll make sure to post more pictures soon (if and when my phone will cooperate).
Back to top Go down
Playing with the Big Dogs
Adult
Adult
Playing with the Big Dogs

Female Join date : 2013-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Hi all husky parents, from sunny South Africa :)   Hi all husky parents, from sunny South Africa :) EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 4:06 pm

They are addictive but some days I wonder what I was thinking. But my boy is still a puppy so I think that makes him extra difficult. 5 months old not an easy age.

And this is a great place full of people that don't think it's strange how worried we get or how much stuff we buy for our dogs is strange. Which is nice because my family thinks I am a little nuts.

Welcome and I hope you enjoy the forum.
Back to top Go down
http://playingwiththebigdogs.blogspot.com/
ZoéQ
Newborn
Newborn
ZoéQ

PostSubject: Re: Hi all husky parents, from sunny South Africa :)   Hi all husky parents, from sunny South Africa :) EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 6:12 pm

I know what you mean! I still have days where I wonder why I got myself into this. But then there are those moments... All your love and hard work pays off and its all sooooo worth it. 5 months is still a baby. Can definitely say it was harder then compared to where we are now. It gets better Wink

As for people thinking you are nuts... Don't worry about it. We have huskies. We have to be a little crazy to keep up with them. Lol. But I agree that its nice to have a place where we can feel "normal". Where we can talk to people who understand without judging.

Thank you for the welcome message Elise Smile I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Ps. You have 2 good looking pups there...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi all husky parents, from sunny South Africa :)   Hi all husky parents, from sunny South Africa :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi all husky parents, from sunny South Africa :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1