It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 6:21 pm

Keegan (middle) with his fantastic Sire (left) BISS GCH Bralin's Jack Be Nimble, SD and half sibling CH Bralin's Single Serving (right). Jack was awarded a Second Place in the Stud Dog competition with his two offspring-

BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 12295410
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 9:04 pm

Keegan's sire is WOW, just amazing. They all look amazing. Lani, I notice Keegan's sire has a thicker coat, like a little bit fluffier than Keegan and his half sibling, will Keegan get that coat with age or are they just born with it?
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 10:40 pm

Keegan's coat is about the max I would want when he has it all in. Jack is starting to get that old dog coat, back in his younger days his coat was so similar to Keegan's Smile
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 10:46 pm

Jack at 6yrs
BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 38508810

Jack at 7yrs
BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 40915012
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 11:08 pm

Llamo, if you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by "that old dog coat?"
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 11:16 pm

Their coats change drastically as they age. Its not an easy thing to explain, but as they age they don't absorb nutrients as well, the oils change. You have to see it to really get it.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 11:46 pm

I see, I never knew that about the nutrients. All my dogs coats have changed as they got older of course, gotten thicker, but I just assumed it was because they were "adults" now (which in a way is the case isn't it, lol, because they're older) I just never even thought about it being because of nutrients and age. Thank you for that! Smile

That pic of Jack at 6 years, AMAZING! Just gorgeous!!!
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 11:55 pm

One thing I've noticed as some of my dogs have aged is the way they shed changed.  Dakota, who is nearing 12, doesn't shed as efficiently as he did when he was 2. His coat has gotten thicker almost unmanageable in some ways.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 12:07 am

Yes! I noticed that too! It was especially evident on my Malamute I had. But with my last boy husky I had, Malukhai, he passed away at 5, at the time he passed away his coat was thicker than at say 2 years old, and at 5 he had all of a sudden "matured" in a way where I thought he must be his adult self now so I just assumed coats were just of a certain thickness when they "grow up". The nutrient thing is very interesting to me. When I asked you the question about Jack, he just looks so young! So I wasn't even thinking of it being an older age thing, more of a "is Keegan still going to get a coat like that, or is it a different type coat" because that's something I've noticed about all my dogs as well, each one had a different coat and I somehow always end up with one being really fluffy/soft and the other not as much. Even my current two.
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 1:32 am

I am guessing Keegan will follow more of the path of his father. He has significantly more coat than his siblings or his mother. Without being incorrect that is Wink Jack is now 9 or 10 years old so he's quite a bit older than his little brat son LOL.

Keegan's mother Ruby
BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 12347710
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 12:26 am

Oh wow, Ruby is beautiful as well! I definitely see a difference in the father and mothers coats. Ruby is plush but everything is much "tighter" , like her tail for instance...the plush forms to her body more I guess is what I'm trying to say, I think, lol.
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 1:10 am

I should say, Keegan AND Gypsy's momma Smile She was the #3 Siberian and #10 All Breed last year so we're very proud of momma too. Her coat is dense and tight would be a good word for it. Still appropriate, it is my preference to have more of a coat like Keegan.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 2:20 am

HuskyMom09 wrote:
I should say, Keegan AND Gypsy's momma Smile She was the #3 Siberian and #10 All Breed last year so we're very proud of momma too.  Her coat is dense and tight would be a good word for it.  Still appropriate, it is my preference to have more of a coat like Keegan.

What... no Ami coats out on the trail Razz
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 3:15 am

Keegan is so beautiful(sorry, er, handsome) and his parents are lovely, no wonder he is such a superstar!!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 7:37 pm

they look a amazing, congratulations. he still looks very handsome.
Back to top Go down
gretalutsen
Teenager
Teenager
gretalutsen

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 2:14 pm

I realize these pictures are a couple months old but I just have to say I love Keegan's coloring! He's so handsome! I have only seen one show years ago in saint Paul...it was so fun!
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 11:05 pm

Thanks! Keegan is taking a break from showing while running lead on our sled team. He will be back int he show ring this spring/summer and hopefully get closer if not finish his Grand Champion title this year.
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 6:59 pm

What a weekend for Keegan! 6 more points toward his GCH, leaving him with 5 more to go to finish! Day 1 he was awarded Select Dog and on Day 4 he wrapped up the weekend with Best of Breed/Best Owner Handled and showed very well in both Groups!

BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 Robert11
BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 Robert10
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 8:21 pm

Congratulations!!! Smile

Ok, so he needs 5 more points to finish...how long does that usually take? Like a year ?
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 8:31 pm

Could be next show, could be next year. Depends on if he places in anything worth points and how many dogs were beaten (that equal number of points awarded).
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 10:46 pm

My god, those are some beautiful dogs!!!!! If Keegan keeps up his record that 5 points will come soon! From my mouth to gods ear!)

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 10:00 am

Thanks Al! We're very proud of how this boy is maturing....our fingers are cautiously crossed as we prepare for our next show. If all dogs show up, and of course he shows well and places in the ribbons, the points for him to finish will be there
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 2:39 am

What a beautiful "stand" that boy has!

Is there anything one can do to prevent or slow then change to an "old dog" coat?
Bodhi is six and I have noticed that his coat is much coarser and not as soft now as it was when he was younger.
If I bathe him, his coat becomes softer and more lustrous for awhile.
(I don't need to bathe him more than than every other month.)
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 1:56 am

He's closing in on that Grand Champion title! Just 2 more points to go!

BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 Dsc_1310
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 10:16 am

jalepeno wrote:
What a beautiful "stand" that boy has!

Is there anything one can do to prevent or slow then change to an "old dog" coat?
Bodhi is six and I have noticed that his coat is much coarser and not as soft now as it was when he was younger.
If I bathe him, his coat becomes softer and more lustrous for awhile.
(I don't need to bathe him more than than every other month.)

Just an observation...Ami's coat was starting to get more coarse (He had TWO skunk baths with peroxide and baking soda...I'm sure it did nothing for his coat Mad ) A few days ago, he stayed out in the rain...the rain water made his coat wonderfully soft. Way back when, when there was no such thing as conditioner, my grandmother collected rain water for shampoos. Or, the mantra was...lemon juice for blond hair, vinegar for brunette (the acid gets rid of the minerals in tap water, leaves hair soft.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next