It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 11:19 pm

^ooooohhh, I want one of those puppies!!!

Congratulations Lani and Keegan Smile
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 1:53 am

amymeme wrote:
Keegan just keeps racking 'em up - can't wait until he matures and starts producing a few pups.  Are you perhaps thinking down the road with Keegan and Gypsey or is that not a good match?  I love both of their coloring and their bodies are so elegant.

Of course one day we hope all works out well and they both go on to produce puppies....though not together. Keegan and Gypsy are half-siblings (same dam) and the inbreeding coefficient is far too high. Though that is what 'brands' them as such similar structures and aesthetics.
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 2:03 am

HuskyMom09 wrote:

amymeme wrote:
Keegan just keeps racking 'em up - can't wait until he matures and starts producing a few pups.  Are you perhaps thinking down the road with Keegan and Gypsey or is that not a good match?  I love both of their coloring and their bodies are so elegant.

Of course one day we hope all works out well and they both go on to produce puppies....though not together.  Keegan and Gypsy are half-siblings (same dam) and the inbreeding coefficient is far too high.  Though that is what 'brands' them as such similar structures and aesthetics.

Oopsie! My bad lol!
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 11:15 am

I usually don't post mid-show or until the official photos come in. But it was quite a show for Keegan at the International West Working Group Show. 9/10/2015 He was Select Dog in a nice group of dogs.

BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 12003310
BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 11053510

AND his first BEST OF BREED! It was a 5pt GCH Major for him and a very nice pool of dogs to compete with.

BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 11009810
BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 11907810
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 11:50 am

Congradulations, Lani. Way to go, Keegan bounce He certainly is living up to his promise. I'm not sure what "Select" is but I sure do know "Best of Breed!" and he is rackin' up the points.
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 11:57 am

Select is an honor given to a Champion Dog or Bitch after Best Of Breed and Opposite are chosen (it's like the judge saying I liked your dog and want to recognize it, but I preferred these two over yours today) Still worth points depending on how many other dogs/bitches are there. This Select for Keegan was worth 1 point, so that brings him up to 14GCH points and all 3 of his Majors required (he needs 25pts + 3 Major wins over specials to become a GCH so we are about 1/2 there)
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 4:10 pm

Official Photos From The Intermountain West Working Group Show!

9/10/2015 Select Dog
BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 4735440_orig

9/11/2015 Best Of Breed
BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 1607881_orig
Back to top Go down
tyler.jenkins.125
Teenager
Teenager
tyler.jenkins.125

Male Join date : 2015-04-06

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 4:27 pm

Congratulations! Keegan is a truly gorgeous dog.

P.S. the guy holding the ribbon in the second photo looks like an older Jim Gaffigan...
Back to top Go down
http://tylerjenkinsmusic.com/
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 5:20 pm

Congrats with the win. He's getting closer to GCH!! He is so lovely, and you have some incredible dogs!!

lol, Tyler...he does.
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 6:47 pm

Thanks! "Only" 11 more points to go Wink HAHA! He's just starting to blossom now Smile
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 8:25 pm

congratulation, on best of breed, he is handsome looking guy. almost to GCH Woo-hoo.
lol, Tyler.
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 12:01 pm

*Almost* Wink It would be nice to finish that up this year, we'll see. A lot of competition out there and he's still very young to be competing with some of these much older more mature males. But can't complain with what he's been able to accomplish this year so far!
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 2:43 pm

Keegan had the honor of Making the initial Cut, from 80 dogs to 30, at the Siberian Husky Club of America National Specialty in Topeka KS

BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 12187841_892066614194901_6425100476837360255_n
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 3:33 pm

Way to go Keegan!!! I'm holding my breath for Best in Show...hope I didn't just jinx it.

I just dragged my hubby and SIL in here to show them what a husky SHOULD look like, not like my furry "gentle giant", as he was dubbed at a daycare in North Carolina.

Question for you Lani - you travel with your dogs - what immunizations, flea/tick, intestinal and heartworm controls do you use? Also...anything I've missed to keep the puppy safe (like, I DO know to keep him out of the alligator infested pond behind us...do you worry about canine influenza?)
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 4:12 pm

LOL we are still a few years of maturity away from an honor of that magnitude Smile but it was a thrill for a 23mo old Special to be recognized out of a large grouping of males!

As far as immunizations, I use a certified 3 year vaccination DA-P as well as the 3 year rabies.  We don't have a large flea/tick problem so bathing with a shampoo with tea-tree oil wards away those issues, and heart worm we use a monthly Ivermectin dose.  I don't worry about picking up things at shows, as long as the dogs are healthy their immune systems are the best defense.  I worry more at racing events than at shows if anything.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 5:31 pm

Is that just because of a different level of care out of racing dogs or perhaps because the stress of racing might have their immune system down a little?

Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 7:24 pm

Just from what I've seen some questions about level of care with some teams has crossed my mind. Kennel cough isn't uncommon to pick up at races, sour gut issues as well, not saying show dogs can't be at the shows sick.
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 5:05 pm

Photos from the ring are starting to pop up now that people are getting home and settled into their routines again Smile

BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 12191336_10207782047898961_3830311997729380845_o
BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 12140623_1166672456680712_3975053694625710140_n
BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 12183801_1166672430014048_7994174031401258085_o
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 9:35 pm

Wow! I just love that first pic! The epitome of perfection
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 8:48 pm

Found a few photos of Keegan from the Stud Dog class with his amazing sire BISS GCH Bralin's Jack Be Nimble, SD and half sister CH Bralin's Single Serving.  They were awarded a second placement in a very large competitive group.

These photos were taken by Ewa Gorska Jose Gomez

BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 12240010BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 12299210BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 12243510BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 12241510
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 6:21 pm

Keegan (middle) with his fantastic Sire (left) BISS GCH Bralin's Jack Be Nimble, SD and half sibling CH Bralin's Single Serving (right). Jack was awarded a Second Place in the Stud Dog competition with his two offspring-

BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 12295410
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 9:04 pm

Keegan's sire is WOW, just amazing. They all look amazing. Lani, I notice Keegan's sire has a thicker coat, like a little bit fluffier than Keegan and his half sibling, will Keegan get that coat with age or are they just born with it?
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 10:40 pm

Keegan's coat is about the max I would want when he has it all in. Jack is starting to get that old dog coat, back in his younger days his coat was so similar to Keegan's Smile
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 10:46 pm

Jack at 6yrs
BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 38508810

Jack at 7yrs
BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 40915012
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 11:08 pm

Llamo, if you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by "that old dog coat?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*   BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan* - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

BISS GCH/INT CH Silver Falls Summer Lookout At Keahi *Keegan*

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next