It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year)   Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 3:27 pm

My guess, at first was black lab/pitt mix, but upon my second guess and googling before I said anything, I think she is a pure bred Blue Lacy, her body structure and the white chest appears to be common with Blue Lacy's.

Great pics, I'm glad Keno and her can be buddies! She is one nice looking non husky dog, lol.
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year)   Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 3:40 pm

I'd say Weim/lab
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year)   Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 3:46 pm

After googling what a Blue Lacy was, lol, she seems spot on for one in looks and the temperament from what I read. She's definitely an intense dog, more than is good to be around the kids that they have and they often won't let the kids play with the dog. Curious how people like them ended up with a potential Texas state dog. She is a sweetheart. When she was a puppy we though greyhound/pitt mix. She's changed a lot in the last year.

My dad has a pure Weimaraner and some of the derp-like expressions on Spooky's face fit with my dad's dog to a tee.

Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year)   Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 3:57 pm

Lol, that's why I did a google search, why is there a Texas state dog in Mo? But yup, she appears to be that. I've seen plenty around here, although they are in back of pick ups and never seen their white chest. Her face, ears and that dark blue coloring made me take a second guess, then the chest. Are Weimaraner's considered working dogs? Like here the black labs and blue lacy's are often used as working (bird dogs and hog dogs), just wondering? I also find it odd that working dogs such as the lab and lacy have floppy ears when they depend on hearing so much for their work(besides their eyes and nose), any ideas?
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year)   Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 4:01 pm

Heidi is a bird dog and considered a working dog. She depends on her nose and eyes. We refer to them as sight hounds such as grey hounds.

Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year)   Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 4:12 pm

Weims are sporting dogs. I think the floppy ears probably protect the inner ear from getting debris in it while working in forest and brush as they often do. Their noses and eyes are much more useful senses for these conditions as well anyways.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year)   Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 4:14 pm

Well Thank You ladies, I love learning something new!! Smile
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year)   Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 10:55 am

A couple days late but we've now had Keno a year. He's definitely better for being with us. Vet said he has made amazing strides health-wise and he behaved like a model citizen for his exam the other day.

Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year) - Page 3 11406822_10207293841052257_968830373203538021_n

Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year) - Page 3 11163803_10207293840852252_4686772482460728593_n

Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year) - Page 3 11390014_10207293841412266_2843490823200620805_n

Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year) - Page 3 11393350_10207293782690798_7283031159336540699_o

Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year) - Page 3 10259755_10207293840932254_950502613428028679_n

Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year) - Page 3 11417663_10207293841892278_2651203797313715701_n

Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year)   Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 11:07 am

I can't believe Keno has already been with you guys a year! How are his hips doing?
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year)   Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 11:13 am

Awww, Keno - you look so sweet I love you Happy "Gotcha"

So glad you adopted him!

Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year)   Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 11:46 am

Hips are doing great! Vet tech said if she hadn't read his file she wouldn't have noticed anything different about him. He used to limp and walk really strangely and he doesn't do hardly any of that now unless he's been really pushing himself. He will always have a little strange of a gate just because. He's up 12 pounds from where he was when we got him and is at his ideal weight. And no relapse in giardia, which I worried about since it's supposedly so easy to get again once he's already had it. He's just a normal healthy butthead.

Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year)   Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 12:27 pm

Aw looks like he enjoyed that cake! Cute pics
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year)   Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 1:19 am

Happy "Gotcha" Keno!

He is adorable!!! the second and third pics are too cute Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year)   Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Our backyard dog-Keno (We've had him a year)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3