It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Husky behavioral problem at night/morning

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Trolldog
Newborn
Newborn

Husky behavioral problem at night/morning Empty
PostSubject: Husky behavioral problem at night/morning   Husky behavioral problem at night/morning EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 3:23 pm

Hello everyone!

I just signed up for the forums, but I love what I see! There are some good looking pups on here!

My husky is having some problems Sad unfortunately. For some background information - she is a pure bread Siberian Husky, a year and seven months old, healthy as of the last visit to the vet in May, and playful as could be!

The only problem and concern that I have, is that she seems to be very stressed in the evening (when I go to bed), and in the morning when I leave for work. When I am laying down, she quite literally sits right next to me on the bed, with her body pressed against mine, and just stares into at the ceiling fan and just space in general. Then she starts to pant. Then after a couple hours of that, she hops onto the floor and makes her way under the bed (which she has NEVER done before). This just started happening about two weeks ago, and I do not really know what could have caused it - I have not changed anything in the past two weeks. Then, when I leave for work in the morning, she runs to the door and blocks it! This is typical troll husky behavior for her, but she usually moves, and she is no longer doing that. During the day, or any other time, she is just fine!

Has anyone experienced this, or have any suggestions? I contacted the Vet, but they suggested anti-anxiety medicine. I do not really want to do this, because I feel that I would be masking a real problem. Thank you all for reading my rant!
Back to top Go down
SIMBA_SH
Puppy
Puppy
SIMBA_SH

Male Join date : 2013-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Husky behavioral problem at night/morning   Husky behavioral problem at night/morning EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 3:40 pm

I think she is having separation anxiety my cousin's dog use to do that to idk now he got it to stop tho.... http://shibashake.com/dog/dog-anxiety-problems here is a link I don't no if it will help u out because I personally have never experience this issue before sorry I couldn't be of more help
Back to top Go down
Trolldog
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Husky behavioral problem at night/morning   Husky behavioral problem at night/morning EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 4:08 pm

Nonsense, Simba! Thank you very much for the link, there is some great information on there. I really appreciate your feedback. I thought it may be separation, but it was really weird of her to start randomly! I have had her since she was 7 weeks young!
Back to top Go down
SIMBA_SH
Puppy
Puppy
SIMBA_SH

PostSubject: Re: Husky behavioral problem at night/morning   Husky behavioral problem at night/morning EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 4:13 pm

yea np wish I could've help more ive had my pup for 7 week also and how hes 9months old and haven't have an issue like that yet
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Husky behavioral problem at night/morning   Husky behavioral problem at night/morning EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 4:23 pm

My Mya has anxiety. When she was younger she had major separation anxiety, but that stopped she was about 3 and got way better after getting our second. About an year+ ago she started going, what we call "on crazy mode". She'll just come stare at us with this blank look and then goes to hide in the closet or bathtub. I spoke to the vet and he said it's anxiety and before putting her on meds to try and find what's causing it. The only thing that i know definitely throws her off is any beep sound. For exp, a FB notification, a text msg, etc. When she goes into that mode, I just let her go in the closet. That's her safe spot and she comes out when she's good and ready like nothing happened.

Her reaction to your leaving in the morning does sound like separation anxiety. The reaction at night is a bit odd. Is the fan on at all times? Maybe try rescue remedy? I've heard from a few people on here that it works.
Back to top Go down
SIMBA_SH
Puppy
Puppy
SIMBA_SH

PostSubject: Re: Husky behavioral problem at night/morning   Husky behavioral problem at night/morning EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 4:27 pm

mayb its the hours that you work? because I go to school day and night but like I have class from 8 to 12pm then 5-7pm so the cap in the middle I would be at home chilling with my pup so mayb because of that he doesn't have that sort of anxiety.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Husky behavioral problem at night/morning   Husky behavioral problem at night/morning Empty

Back to top Go down

Husky behavioral problem at night/morning

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1