It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Anyone else missing the snow?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Playing with the Big Dogs
Adult
Adult

Female Join date : 2013-12-04

Anyone else missing the snow? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 1:49 am

I am really missing the snow and I want to get to work on getting my cross country skills so I am closer to learning mushing and skijoring. I am so excited to start (I don't just need snow Simon is still to little for a lot of training.) Anyone else missing the winter weather?
Back to top Go down
http://playingwiththebigdogs.blogspot.com/
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 9:11 am

Abso-freaking-lutely. Although it's not as bad this summer since it has been pretty mild weather here so far. No really scorchers.
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 9:12 am

Though with an El Nino weather pattern forecasted to come through later this year, I doubt it's going to be a very snowy winter =( The skier in me is crying.
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

Female Join date : 2013-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 9:24 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... dreading winter Sad
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 10:11 am

We don't even get a lot of snow here but holy moly this summer is dreadful! We've been hitting the 100s a couple of times and it's no fun at all. I'm definitely ready for the winter!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 12:23 pm

Rocio_Caballero wrote:
We don't even get a lot of snow here but holy moly this summer is dreadful! We've been hitting the 100s a couple of times and it's no fun at all. I'm definitely ready for the winter!

Wow - that's hot! Last night, it was so chilly out, I had on heavy fleece pullover, jeans and wool socks and complained because it was cold Sad I have not been in the pool yet, this year - it's running 76-ish and last night the steam was rising in ghostly clouds...
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 12:47 pm

What is snow? Lol.

It's been in the 90s here. We've been getting a lot of rain so it's been cooling down to low 80s in the evenings. I definitely miss the cool weather. Sad

lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

Female Join date : 2013-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 1:57 pm

I miss the snow too.... My favorite season is Winter.... many people think I am odd for this. But it is one of the many reasons having a husky is my match doggie. Smile COME ON WINTER!
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 3:14 pm

Nooooo- not at all! Especially since our new sled arrived yesterday!!

Anyone else missing the snow? 10500253_10152508651356590_698249420232780062_n
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 3:18 pm

Big time.
90's here now, going up to 100's next week.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 5:11 pm

we have been in the high 90's, we are dying!!! but i see snow all summer in the mountains Smile poor pups are gonna miss out on the cooler weather tomorrow as we do some class 3 hiking Sad

Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 5:44 pm

It's been hovering around a hundred here last couple of weeks. Cold front coming early next week for everyone, except west coast (sorry), I hate cold weather, our cold front will be upper 80's instead of upper 90's. You Northerners will be happy to know you should be getting 70's weather. The only thing I like about winter, Miya plays more, I love hiking and playing soccer with her and we haven't been doing much of that lately.

Btw, slightly off topic and this may be a dumb question, but what is carting. I know the joring terms and what they are, but have read people talking of carting. What is it? Thanks,

Renee
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 6:43 pm

Two words for you tomorrow, Jen- "alpine start."

Carting is like mushing, except with a wheeled cart.
There used to be a big cart race in southern Oregon on sand dunes.
http://www.oregondunemushers.com

Anyone else missing the snow? Hqdefa10
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 7:22 pm

It's not the snow I miss. I miss the nice, dry, cool, air that let me sleep comfortably at night. Yukon is like a wood stove at night and the humidity is unbearable. Razz

Last edited by AMB on Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 8:29 pm

Me miss snow - Me want ski wif dog!
...and a very nice sled Lani, do they have a web site to check out the specs?
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 11:40 pm

amymeme wrote:

Rocio_Caballero wrote:

Wow - that's hot!  Last night, it was so chilly out, I had on heavy fleece pullover, jeans and wool socks and complained because it was cold Sad I have not been in the pool yet, this year - it's running 76-ish and last night the steam was rising in ghostly clouds...

I would die for fresh weather like that. These last two weeks we've been in the mid to high 90s so it's "cooler" than usual, but I despise it.

I grew up in California, near San Francisco where the weather is around 60-70 all year long so that's kind of what I got used to. I've been living here in NM for 10 years now but I can't grow to like the heat!
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 1:33 am

Hughie wrote:
Me miss snow - Me want ski wif dog!
...and a very nice sled Lani, do they have a web site to check out the specs?

Thanks- Yes it's a Sled Dog Systems K4
http://www.sleddogsystems.com/index_files/Page675.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 1:40 am

Michael,
thank you for the explanation and illustration. Maybe I could get my husband to rig me up something. Can one dog pull? Either that or I have to get a bike, more exercise for me with a bike, hmmmm.
Rocio,
It's like stepping out into an oven, I'll take this heat any day over Florida's humid heat, it stayed in the 80's at night, at least here it drops into the upper 60's low 70's at night, we also get some breeze, sit under a pecan tree not so bad.
Amy,
Heard you all had some pretty heavy fog last night. I would have been right with you, the fleece,socks and jeans on, hate the cold too.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 2:52 am

I really miss the snow Sad I do the biking, scootering, etc with them... but I always feel insecure. There's NOTHING better than having that soft snow to fall on if you take a turn too sharp. And I can let the dogs go full speed, wheras I really have to check them and keep them at half or less speed when I'm on the scooter.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 3:57 am

Megan,

Lived in Finger Lakes region of NY, for 25 years, and you are right soft snow is wonderful to fall in. You should see me here in our "winter", most of the time no snow, last year we had a couple of inches at one time, around 15 degrees, I had so many layers on I looked like the michelin man. haha, way too funny to watch I'm sure, my girl couldn't stop running, and diving in it.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 10:18 am

MiyasMomma wrote:
Amy,
Heard you all had some pretty heavy fog last night. I would have been right with you, the fleece,socks and jeans on, hate the cold too.

I'm afraid this is one of those "1 year in 10" that we are not really going to have a summer - mid-July and we have not installed the air conditioners yet, have only used fans twice - at the moment both fans are not even in the windows! Husband shut all the windows last night because it was cold Rolling Eyes

Since the day length is now getting shorter, I doubt the pool is going to get much warmer, so, to quote our former exchange student (on the explosion of a rocket launch: "much money goes nowhere!"
Back to top Go down
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 11:53 am

Same here Amy, finally got it opened up but the kids are not really into the idea of swimming. Open it up to clean it up and then clean it to put it to bed for the winter.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 4:13 pm

HuskyMom09 wrote:
Nooooo- not at all!  Especially since our new sled arrived yesterday!!

Wow - that is handsome - I'd (almost) give up my silver stallion for that!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 4:14 pm

Hughie wrote:
Same here Amy, finally got it opened up but the kids are not really into the idea of swimming.  Open it up to clean it up and then clean it to put it to bed for the winter.

Ain't it the truth.
Back to top Go down
Adult
Adult

Female Join date : 2013-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 7:58 pm

HuskyMom09 wrote:
Nooooo- not at all!  Especially since our new sled arrived yesterday!!

That is a very pretty sled. Is it bad that I have one husky who is a baby an wont be pulling a sled for a long time and I kind of window shop for sledding online all the time. Really want one would have no use for it for years.

Wow some of you I don't know how you handle that heat its been in the mid to high 80's here and I am just melting. It's my day off and after a morning at the farmers market we are all hiding in the basement napping in the hottest part of the day.

Back to top Go down
http://playingwiththebigdogs.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone else missing the snow?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next