It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip Empty
PostSubject: HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip   HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 5:42 pm

Chat away!

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip   HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 7:31 pm

Oh I have the perfect pic for this!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip   HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 2:57 am

I'm excited to see Jen, show us!! (btw my nephews are 5th generation Yankee fans)  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip   HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 3:48 am

Also, Meredith,

Are you the one who comes up with these themes? You come up with the best ideas, can't wait to see all the pups road tripping
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip   HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 10:05 am

Nope, I just start the threads a lot of the time. The past month's winner gets to pick each theme, and Michael definitely picked a good one this time Smile

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

PostSubject: Re: HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip   HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 11:55 am

LOL! Embry has his camera!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip   HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 12:46 am

Cool, thanks Meredith on letting me know how it works. I think it's a fantastic way to have fun, and see all the beautiful huskies, and I did read that there's a calendar made up of winners, yes?
Bring the pics on people, I can vote, can't have all the fun yet.
Renee
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip   HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 9:45 am

We have done a calendar for the last two years, Jenn Bealer does the legwork and then we donate the money we make to a rescue that's been chosen at random.

And looks like you don't have much to go before you can participate, you may even get in this month Smile

Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip   HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 9:57 am

If I can convince my husband to get me a digital camera, before it's all said and done. Maybe. Although I'm a sucker for huskies, I'd vote for them all if I could.   bounce

You're right Meredith, I've been a chatty cathy today, now I got to get that digital camera, anyone with recommendations?

Last edited by MiyasMomma on Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added extra reply)
Back to top Go down
RachelNala1694
Adult
Adult
RachelNala1694

Male Join date : 2013-12-27

PostSubject: Re: HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip   HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 10:21 am

Just to bump the tread a little bit, Nala doesn't sit still for anything in the car! This was a good topic though!
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip   HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 11:17 am

I'm just going to throw Mishka on the car and tale a picture. That counts right? Lol.

amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip   HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 12:38 pm

simplify wrote:
I'm just going to throw Mishka on the car and tale a picture. That counts right? Lol.

With Mishka's beauty and your photography skills, it should be a winner!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip   HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 12:44 pm

MiyasMomma wrote:
If I can convince my husband to get me a digital camera, before it's all said and done. Maybe. Although I'm a sucker for huskies, I'd vote for them all if I could.   bounce

You're right Meredith, I've been a chatty cathy today, now I got to get that digital camera, anyone with recommendations?

Canon makes some really good point and shoot cameras that aren't terribly expensive, and I've always been pretty impressed with the Nikon Coolpix. The only downside with the ones I had was that there was a little bit of a delay between hitting the button and it actually taking the picture. Mine were both much older though (Upgraded to a DSLR in 2008) so they may have fixed that issue. Canon is really good on shutter speed though.

Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip   HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 1:03 pm

Thanks Meredith,
We have one store in town and they offer a no name one on sale for $130.00, I figured on spending at least that much, but for a no name, uh uh, I was thinking cannon, had one pre digital days. My husband was always the camera guy, guess I'll be the camera girl. Although I have posted up pics of Miya, it's from hubby's cell phone, so I don't have it when I want it, but I think the picture quality is not good for showing her off. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip   HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 1:05 pm

Ugh, I have a great road-trip pic but it's back from winter! Also, our next trip isn't until the last week of August, so it'll be too late for HOTM. Bummer!
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip   HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 11:41 am

I have so many, I can't decide! I've narrowed it down to about 7 or 8!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip   HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 11:55 am

capellalayla wrote:
Ugh, I have a great road-trip pic but it's back from winter! Also, our next trip isn't until the last week of August, so it'll be too late for HOTM. Bummer!

A road trip in August could be a trip to get ice cream at Bedford Farms (or elsewhere - Mass. is a great place for ice cream). And stage a pic Laughing 
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip   HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 12:00 pm

Ooh, good idea. There is a good ice cream place on practically every corner around here. Haven't been to Bedford Farms yet and it's not too far from us ...
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip   HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 12:01 pm

Okay, here are my choices so far, I still haven't gone through puppy pix, I know I have some cute puppy road trip pix too!

HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip Image110

HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip Image210

HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip Image310

HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip Image410

HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip Image510

HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip Image610

HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip Image710

HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip Image810
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip   HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 12:06 pm

I really like the goofiness of number 7, but probably 8 would be a better calendar pic...All are delightful!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip   HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 12:20 pm

I like #6 - "Mom, I'm soooo bored! Are we there yet?"

Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip   HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 12:42 pm

Ha ha. I like that one too, he was sound asleep!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip   HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 12:50 pm

My fave is #6 as well with #7 second, all are great.
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip   HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 1:00 pm

I like either 6 or 7 -- preference for 6 because of the goofy pose!
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip   HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 1:01 pm

Not gonna post in the contest since she is not husky and i already put one in for koda, but i got a few good ones yesterday of the puppy. I posted them on her other page also but here lol..

HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip A1EC984C-15CC-43C8-9281-21DA7AAADCF2_zpsyik2zdcz

HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip 8CB74182-EEF0-407A-BA57-B2DE1C91C41F_zpsla3jkuww
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip   HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip Empty

Back to top Go down

HOTM Chat: August - Summer Road Trip

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next