It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Kohdi's scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 21 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 2:49 am

Hubby told me to wake him early tomorrow so we can decide if we need to take her to the vet. She did eat, so she can't feel sick, lol, otherwise I know she was not feeling well. The swelling went down some over her eye, it didn't swell shut, and her muzzle is puffy, on the same side as her eye. We have no benedryl. Ugh, she looks so bad. Think it was a yellow jacket, since we didn't see a stinger. But then again, it could have been just about anything. Snake bite would be obvious, don't you think?
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 21 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 2:54 am

If it was a wasp they can sting multiple times and she might be allergic if the swelling has moved just watch her and make such it doesnt get worse. You did say it has gone down some so that is good! I would try icing the swollen area. Miya gets stung all the time, yo'd think shed learn. Snake bite she would be in a lot of pain. And probably noticeable by now.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 21 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 2:58 am

Bee stings do look bad. Yellow jackets I think have a little more kick to their sting so it probly will take a little while. With a snake bite, I think too much time has passed where she would have gotten VERY sick, depends on the snake tho too...hmm, but yeah, I think there would be actual puncture wounds if it was a snake. You have all kinds of weird things in Texas though, maybe a scorpion?

It's something I also need to do but I'll say it anyways Wink next time you're in town, pick up items for a pet first aid kit, things like Benadryl as well, just in case.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 21 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 3:06 am

Indeed Jimmy, will buy some benadryl, and make a kit. I did not see anything, no stinger and no puncture. There is a yellow jacket or something not bee, nest over at our fence line, then she yelped and ran to the old log, where it could be snake, fire ants, any type of spider, and mesquites, mesquites are poisonous too, ugh. She rolled at the log, so i don't know if she got stung and then rolled, or got stung in the midst of her roll, this was all second hand news to me. I yelled at the husband, and told him the girls are always perfect on my watch. He didn't notice that her eye was swollen, and all pink looking where her fur is. I'll keep an eye on her. Thank you Jimmy and Jane.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 21 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 3:10 am

That's a lot of possibilities Renee, keep a close eye on her and if she starts to have any difficulties, get her to the vet. please keep us updated, poor Miya Sad
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 21 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 3:14 am

I will, I am just glad you and Jane were on tonight, I was so worried, and just couldn't wait for the morning to really ask anyone. I read up on signs of reactions, and she hasn't had any, so I think she will be fine. I will give y'all an update in the morning.
Back to top Go down
CoraTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
CoraTheHusky

Female Join date : 2015-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 21 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 10:34 am

I love the second and third one they always look so cute together! Kohdi has such pretty eyes!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 21 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 12:20 pm

Jimmy, Jane......Miya seems to be better this morning, some swelling still around her eye. She has ate like a pig, haha, that is surprising, and has played with Sofie some. Jimmy, how long did the puffiness last on Mishka? Would I expect maybe another day of it being puffy?
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 21 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 12:57 pm

@Zoe...thank you Zoe! I love Kohdi's eyes, photographs don't do the justice, in fact sometimes in photos they can look weird, lol, but only in photos, he gets tons of compliments on his eyes in person. And...I couldn't be happier with the way these two get along, I'm glad I can capture it on camera. The second pic you mentioned, I just happened to look up and I saw them like that, it was een cuter but changed a little when I pointed the camera at them, lol

@Renee. I'm so glad to hear it!!! I would expect her swelling to be pretty much gone by 5 pm tonite, with Mishka it took about 24 hours.

Last edited by Artic_Wind on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:57 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 21 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 7:57 pm

Just saw these pics...the are great pics Jim! Omg just look at them, Mr. Jokester fitting the part on that first pic, I've never seen that..back paws together and front open lol and that pool pic looks excellent it's like they are inviting me to the pool ahhhh I wish I lived close so I could meet this amazing pair! And on that last pic it's like it should be the other way around with SQ(siberian queen) Laying down and Mr. J standing up lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 21 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 9:02 pm

Thank you so much Dave, you all are of course invited to enjoy the pool if you ever make it up this way! I'm sure Mylo would have a blast! You think he would swim?

I'm not exactly sure what was going on with Kohdi in that pic! LOLOL I know he had just been standing on his hind legs checking out the grill that I had on the table, I was watching him and thinking that would make a cute pic, but of course by the time I had my camera ready, he was down...I'm thinking he saw me get up (to take the pic) and got into that "oh s&@t I better run cuz I'm in trouble" stance, cuz when his front legs are like that, it's his challenging stance, lol, but seriously, no clue what was going on with the back legs...it's like he was about to stand up and do ballet or something! Hahaha, but yeah, made for a cute pic (I guess, haha)

Dave, the last pic...oh so sweet and innocent, but so not the case...Kohdi was laying there minding his own business when The Queen decided, she'll just stand over him and chew her stick piece, this went on for a little bit, when they heard they were going bye bye, she dropped the stick piece but put her paw on it just in case Kohdi might wanna snatch it from her <rolls eyes> but I totally know what u mean, and I actually do have a pic, maybe I'll post it in a bit, it's by the pool when I took that second pic where Mishka lays down and Kohdi stands next to her, it's pretty cute. Smile

Thanks again Dave!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 21 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 12:14 am

Kohdi's talking puppy video...THIS is Kohdi to this day, hahaha

Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 21 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 12:18 am

OMG I just died of cuteness!!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 21 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 4:01 am

O m g surprise sneaky puppy video little baby Kohdi!!! affraid bounce
He was such a talker/growler! Mylo was a quiet baby puppy which reminds me when I saw that calm one on the top left over the black one that doesn't care whats going on hes just trying to nap lol
Excellent video Jim! The flashback series haha

Oh and I don't know if Mylo would get in and swim cause we got him a little pool and he was not interested...we had to trick him in but he just got out or walk around it lol silly kid..but who knows maybe when he's older he might like it.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 21 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 12:52 pm

Hahaha, Kohdi is a talker Dave, this is the video the breeder sent me just before I went to pick him up. The little girl in the far back who is all quiet is the one I wanted too but she was already spoken for. It's ok tho!!! I have my Mishka now Smile
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 21 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 12:57 pm

Oh cuteness overload. Kohdi was so precious. Sofie woke up wondering where the puppy was, lol.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 21 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 3:14 pm

Hey! What do you mean "was" precious, Renee!!! LOLOL. He still is precious! Wink

I've been promising a member here to post that vid, I finally got around to it yesterday

Awwwww, Sofie

Thank you Renee, one of these days I'll post a vid of him talking now, he's adorable when he does it, haha
Back to top Go down
CoraTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
CoraTheHusky

Female Join date : 2015-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 21 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 6:13 pm

Jimmy Kohdi makes me heart melt he is so freaking cute!!!!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 21 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 6:47 pm

very adorable video, very cute little talker.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 21 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 9:27 pm

@Zoe, thank you Zoe, he's my boy, I love him SO much.

@Ronin, thank you Ronin! I'll have to post another of him talking now, I'll do it soon.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 21 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 10:46 pm

A few pics from our hike today.
Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 21 00310

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 21 00610

A very tired Kohdi
Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 21 00810
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 21 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 11:14 pm

Kohidi is maginificent...pooped, but magnificent. Nice pictures, Jimmy.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 21 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 11:28 pm

Thank you Amy! This was our one on one bonding time Wink we havnt been hiking all summer because of the heat so today was our first day back at it. They're both pooped and both inhaled their dinner, lol, so yay! Mission accomplished! Lol. Kohdi seriously loves these hikes, when we left I told him "we're going to the mountain" and he took the direct route without me having to guide him, haha. He must have been obedience trained in another life cuz he is absolutely perfect around other dogs and people, I lucked out with this one Wink
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 21 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 11:41 pm

Inhaled their dinner lol no time for being a jokester when you're pooped haha who usually gets tired first?
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 21 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 11:48 pm

I take them seperately Dave, so I don't really know who would get tired first. Mishka had it easier today cuz the sun wasn't really out and a really cool wind was blowing, but if I were to guess, I think Mishka would tire first (shorter legs, hahaha) and Kohdi is really a dog that paces himself, whereas Mishka pulls more, and tires herself out that way too. I have a few reasons for taking them seperately, one is the different paces the two walk, second is the trails can get narrow and with other dogs and people, two can be a lot to handle, but most importantly is I want the one on one time with each of them, they seem to appreciate that too! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kohdi's scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next