It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
caseysteffans
Teenager
Teenager
caseysteffans

Female Join date : 2014-07-17

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 7:34 pm

The last two, Kodhi's front leg almost looks twisted weird lol. I think it's just the angle of the picture. That middle one, they are both looking the same direction at least! What happened there to get them to both look over to the side?
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 7:41 pm

In the first pic Casey, Kohdi angles that paw to cradle his face, the second pic all thats different is he's lifted his head, haha. And...they were both watching the gardeners next door, LOL...and if I know them as well as I think I do, they were both thinking they are better at gardening than the *professionals* Wink
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 5:55 pm

I know I've been posting too much in Kohdi and Mishka's scrapbooks lately...I just get into these picture taking moods sometimes...please bear with me, the moods DO go away Wink

Mishka...

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 13310       

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 13411

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 13010     
She's always willing to help with the gardening Wink

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 13110     
Then...she goes to the fence to terrorize the lil dogs next door  Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 1625187496

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 12710
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 3:07 pm

Mishka is such a pretty little thing...how old is she now, Jimmy?

From your pics, looks like you have a wonderful playground for them. Are they helping with the landscaping? I'm dreading when the snow melts, here...I know of at least a few holes in the lawn that will need repair and hubby is gonna' go ballistic Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 1625187496 Hopefully, once spring is here, I can fill in the holes and seed. I'm even thinking of plantin a bed of grass in my garden to use for "transplants", sort of like " Hair club for men" only "grass club for lawn" Rolling Eyes

Have you thought of making a collage of your pics for wall art?
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 3:42 pm

Ugh, this page keeps loading funny for me on my computer...its irritating!!! LOL

Thank you Amy!!! Mishka is gonna be 10 months old in 2 days (her b-day is March 27)

Yes, they ARE *helping* with the landscaping...I actually have a few cute pics from yesterday to kinda show how Mishka has *helped* and what I have to do to...hmm, keep her from working so hard, LOL...I'll edit them in here in a few minutes...gotta go check on them...theyre TOO quiet, and thats never good, haha

Edit: and THIS is why I have to check on them Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 1625187496 It scares the beejeezus out of me when they play like this...but gotta love those facial expressions, haha
Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 46211

btw Amy, if u look at this pic, behind them are 2 empty pots and concrete stepping stones in what should be a planter. *That* was done so Kohdi would stop *helping* me with gardening by digging holes there...you might think that worked, however we are dealing with Huskies here, haha...Kohdi just dug all of the soil out of the pots then🤦
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 4:46 pm

Ok Amy Smile so I'm going to preface these next pics with a little explanation first...This is Mishka's favorite place to hang out in the yard (its why most of her most recent pics are there, haha) you see the small hedge behind her? the one side is much higher off the ground than the rest, only I didnt prune it that way, Mishka did. So yesterday I worked in the yard a bit cleaning up all their *destruction* and thought I'd put a boulder there in the middle and that ugly frog planter so its still accessible but might hinder her from doing anymore *work* there...she came out and as usual started running to that area, and then stopped dead in her tracks when she saw that frog, LOL...she did that thing where they sniff the air while moving their head side to side and then VERY cautiously started towards the area again...she finally made it to her spot, haha, but kept eyeing that frog (pic1)

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 28011

Here, she is a lil more comfortable...but still cautious, haha
Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 28211

And here, "we're friends" LOL
Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 28411

Btw Amy, your "bed of grass" is a great idea!!! Ive done it, and it works well. If you have any of those flats that groundcover come in, they work great too
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 5:59 pm

I love your landscaping.  And even the "ugly" frog planter has its charm Laughing  I always like to put something out of character in places.  Looks like you're up in the hills?  I know Ami loves to just lie down and survey the area from on high.

Do Kohdi and Mishka have a doggie door to come and go as they please?  We considered that, but aside from heat loss considerations in a climate where we heat almost 8 mos. of the year, I was concerned about critters other than the dogs...the friend who helped me bring Ami home has a doggie door. Heard something one night, came out and found her dog food bucket moved to the doggie door. Two dogs asleep. Loud noises outside. Next day, a neighbor told her to be careful, he saw a big black bear on my friends lawn. She concluded that the food was moved by the bear reaching in and trying to pull it out...

The pictures of them playing?  That is Ami and Archer, constantly, until they drop from exhaustion.  At first, I was concerned but then Jeff (Seattle Sibe) made a comment somewhere, that as long as there is no excessive pinning, its ok.  I've watched carefully and have to say it's fity-fifty as to who is on the bottom.  And have noticed, when one of them gets to rough and the other yelps, it's immediate back-off.  You can almost hear them saying..."oops, sorry, didn't mean to do that."
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 10:29 pm

Thank you so much Amy!!! I absolutely love my backyard. Its winter now (even though we dont get as cold as you, its still cold enough to keep things from blooming, haha) so its not *as* pretty as it is during the Spring/Summer/Fall but its still my favorite place and I spend tons of time back here. Anyways, like your Ami, Malukhai's absolute favorite spot to be was at the edge of the yard (I put a lawn there for him even) where he could watch the world go by. The only drawback to this house is between my canyon and the canyon on the other side, is a busy road where, if Kohdi and or Mishka would ever escape, theyd be killed Sad so I'm out there with them constantly. My slope is fenced (that ugly chain link you see) and it'd be quite the jump for them, but with enough incentive (ie, bunnies, squirrels etc.) they might. Ahh, and I get rattlesnakes. This past 2 summers though Ive installed mesh along the bottom of the chain link to keep the bunnies out (they can carry ticks) and it works for the rattlesnakes too Smile!!

The ugly frog, LOL, I actually kinda like it there, haha. I sat on the patio and looked over at it and it doesnt look so bad.

I dont use a doggie door for the reasons I mentioned above, mainly the snakes, and the busy road. I have someone here during the day to baby sit them while Im at work (I started that when I had Malukhai and Anuschka because of their seizures) so they can go outside whenever they want, but otherwise theyre inside. They pretty much sleep all day anyways, LOL. Anyways Amy, you are right not to do the door...I leave my doors open and I get all kinds of surprises in here, mainly lizards...where you live, there is just TOO many critters you really dont want inside your house, LOL...and that Black Bear, thats scary!!!

Kohdi used to be worse w/the "playing/pinning". However, Mishka is relentless...and fearless, she plays to win, so Im not faulting Kohdi when he does it. Kohdi and I have an understanding now and so far he's abided by it. It just scares me sometimes, not so much cuz I think he'll hurt her (thats part of our understanding) but that he doesnt scar her. When I went to pick up Mishka from the breeder, I took a few pics of Kohdi's brother (she had kept 2 pups  cuz she really liked the litter), and he is scarred in the face from one of the other boy dogs, it broke my heart to see him like that Sad. Anyways, Kohdi, to me, is still young (not quite 2 yet) and I dont think he possesses the discipline yet to apply just the right amount of pressure w/his mouth when it starts getting rough. I did take a series of pics that go along with that one, LOL, but I've been posting too much so I dont want people to start getting annoyed with me (if they arent already, haha). Ahh, you mentioned Ami and Archer...with Kohdi and Mishka, she's always on the bottom...she does the scream thing, but not cuz shes hurt, haha, its cuz she's pissed. Kohdi IS good with her. But I do have to watch them.                
A pic of Kohdi's brother...see the scars in his face Sad
Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 13412

Last edited by Artic_Wind on Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 2:36 am

Love the stalking the neighbors little dogs pic, and the froggy and Mishka pics are too funny, lol......

BTW, Kohdi's bother is still handsome, scars and all.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 4:21 am

Thank you Renee!!! Smile The two of them terrorize those neighbor dogs all the time. All they have to do is stand there and the neighbor dogs go crazy, haha.
Back to top Go down
Yonjuro
Teenager
Teenager
Yonjuro

Male Join date : 2013-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 6:53 am

Wonderful shots of such a lovely girl
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 12:34 pm

Kenzi is really rough with Keno but will let go if he yelps and actually means it. I want him to toughen up and deal with her so I usually let them go a while before I step in and usually I'm stepping in because they are so loud I can't hear myself think. She likes to grab the skin on his cheek and pull for all she's worth. He's got enough lab/hound in him though that she can pull loose skin several inches from his face and he just sits there and takes it.

Getting the money shot of two dogs together in perfect harmony is tough. I don't even want to know how many times I have stood poised with my camera, will whistle, they will both look at me, and then one will blink.

Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 11:12 pm

Jenn, I think the only yelping done when they *play* like this has been done by me, LOL...but I think I have progressed quite a bit if I'm taking pics of it now, haha. I've been able to avoid having to step in by just saying "enough". I'm just worried one of them is going to get scarred or worse. I've decided to post a series of pics from start to finish, mostly cuz its kinda cool to see the progression of it. There are MANY pics in between the pics I actually post so its obvious (to me) that Kohdi puts up with quite a bit before he gets to the pinning down.

It starts out with Mishka wanting Kohdi to share her stick ...

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 44210

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 44410

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 44910

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 45110

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 45210

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 45910

Thinkin' of entering this one in this months HOTM "Kohdi enjoying his favorite treat" Wink
Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 46212

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 46310

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 46610

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 46710

And finally...its like nothing ever happened  Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 1625187496
Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 46910
Back to top Go down
Yonjuro
Teenager
Teenager
Yonjuro

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 11:15 pm

LOL, that is a brilliant pic sequence !!!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 11:22 pm

Thanks Jason!!! LOL, its long though, hahaha...and theres like 6 or 7 pics in between all I posted too!! LOLOL
Back to top Go down
Yonjuro
Teenager
Teenager
Yonjuro

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 11:25 pm

Certainly not too long for me Smile They would make a great slide show movie
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Teenager
Teenager
caseysteffans

Female Join date : 2014-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 12:32 am

Jimmy, take a bunch and make it into a flip book!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 2:56 am

Thank you Jason!!! Smile I need to do a video, Kohdi is a talker and I think it would make for a pretty cool video

Haha Casey, I found while trying to choose the pics, that when my cursor went over each pic, the pics came to life!! It looked pretty cool Smile
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 10:38 pm

When I came home from work, I let Kohdi and Mishka out in the backyard like usual and they ran around and played. Then it starts sprinkling (its called rain here in San Diego, LOL) so they laid down...I snapped a couple pics cuz they looked so cute. Then Mishka did this...she'd like me to believe it was to shield Kohdi's face from the "rain"...I think its because shes tired of Kohdi slithering into her scrapbook, haha.

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 04810

Last edited by Artic_Wind on Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yonjuro
Teenager
Teenager
Yonjuro

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 10:48 pm

Haha that is awesome. I love it!!! - it really needs a caption or meme.
Back to top Go down
Yonjuro
Teenager
Teenager
Yonjuro

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 10:58 pm

Sorry, but I couldn't resist - I hope you don't mind Jimmy??

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 Jimmymeme_zps8541a786

I will delete immediately if my use of your pic is unwanted
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 11:08 pm

OMG that is awesome!!! im gonna save that!! LOL Thank you Jason!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Yonjuro
Teenager
Teenager
Yonjuro

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 11:11 pm

Great photo = easy to caption Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 2:30 am

Smile I sent it to a few of my friends...they loved it Jason!
Back to top Go down
Yonjuro
Teenager
Teenager
Yonjuro

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 2:32 am

Great! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next