It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 1:17 am

No, they are really always laying together Casey, They've developed a really cute bond together. Kohdi pretty much refuses to go on a walk without her now and the other nite I was outside with them both, I called for them both to go in the house not knowing Kohdi had already gone in...and apparently Mishka didnt kno either lol, and she started looking around for him and it sounds stupid but her face looked worried, she started running around the yard looking for him, stopping to "listen" then start looking for him again. He popped his head out of the door and the look on her face was priceless, she went running to him, ears straight back and just starts licking him all over his face. I think she was really worried Sad when she wants to play, she'll push the toys in his face to get him to play with her. They're really good together!

And thank you Casey! Smile I like those mountain pics this time because she just seems so "outlined" in them, almost like the background is fake, but you know it's not...hard to explain, lol, but I really like these Smile
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 12:55 am

I love the tree pics( can't believe I missed so many pics), Mishka is such a goof ball, and Kohdi is so tolerant of her. The snake pic scared the crap out of me, haha. Better you than me.........
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 1:58 am

Thank you Renee! sorry I missed your post Embarassed Kohdi has always been my goofball, haha, but Mishka is developing such a personality! LOL

Everyday this week when I've come home from work, Ive gone in the backyard and found what Mishka has spent her day doing...mostly dragging these dead stumps up from the canyon, haha...each day I'd find one slightly bigger than the last (seriously, theres like 4 of these things laying in the backyard right now!) today I just had to smile cuz of the size of the one she brought up . She's so proud too!!! she couldnt wait to show me, LOLMishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 38910

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 39010
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

Female Join date : 2013-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 6:34 pm

So silly! How heavy are those things?
Canyon? Do you have a picture of how your yard's landscape looks? Sounds breath taking!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 8:53 pm

Mishka can be a lil princess , Lucy, but most of the time she's a lil tomboy, lol. She's so fun to watch! Probably like Okami right? The girls just seem to find so much interest in whatever they're doing! These things look kinda heavy but they're not that bad...it's a dried up "Yucca" ...but they're awkward I would think to carry, haha, and she's gotta make it up a steep slope.

I noticed Mishka is blinking one of her eyes a lot today, like it got poked or something. I hope it's nothing serious, I'm going to watch it and if it gets worse she's gotta go to the vet Sad when she sees something, she goes for it without seeming to weigh or consider the dangers (that's why I really worry about her and rattlesnakes) so I think she shoved her head in a bush or something and poked her eye.

A lot of my backyard is in my dogs pics in one way or another...at the end of the yard is a slope that goes down (part is fully fenced) of canyon. These houses are situated on the edge of a canyon. I was thinking of posting pics in the gardening thread in here because I saw others have done that, of my lil projects I've worked on, haha, but not sure if it's be interesting to anyone, lol, so I havnt done it yet. But anyways, I'd love for them to have access to the rest of the canyon but too many dangers await them there. Besides a busy road with lots of cars that FLY down it, there's rattlers, coyotes, raccoons, etc. and they'd both be getting in plenty of trouble, haha.

Wow, this was a windy post, lol, sorry about that! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 9:06 pm

Post the pictures bounce
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 9:26 pm

Smile ok Amy...they're nothing spectacular though...yards here are much smaller than most everyone else's in here but I do love doing my lil projects, lol. I can probably do some front yard pic posting later tonite as I have those in my computer already. I have some backyard but I'll take some more tomorrow when I have more natural light. Sun is still out but like a lot of my dogs pics, it's shady back here now so they lose a lot of detail. Do you have pics in here Amy? I would LOVE to see them!
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 9:28 pm

I'd love to see more of your yard/canyon! May it be in this tbread or the garden one.... I didn't know there was a garden thread... Shocked I am going to have to post some things, I love gardening Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 9:41 pm

Please do Lucy! I love seeing this kind of stuff. Gardening is one of my things where I just get lost in what I'm doing , I don't even realize where the time has went, and the dogs keep me company. I love it.
Yeah, the gardening thread is I think in the off topic forum as a subcategory. It's not very active though Sad
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 10:29 pm

Jimmy - here's a link to a post from last summer. This is from my backyard on the southern side looking towards the woods:

https://www.itsahuskything.com/t13072-surprise-in-the-backyard?highlight=surprise+in+the+backyard

I thought I had more but it looks like servimage has deleted a lot of my photos No

Anybody know a better photo hosting site?
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 2:44 am

Oh wow Amy, that is beautiful! I would love to see that kind of wildlife in my own yard

Yes!!! Ive noticed that too! I went thru this scrapbook last nite looking for a pic I had and noticed a lot of my pics had disappeared, like some of the "story" ones make no sense anymore because my captions are there but the pics arent. I didnt know servimg got rid of pics like that.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 7:59 pm

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 41910

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 42010

Pic is for Lucy...this is my canyon Lucy, Im standing outside my fenced area looking to the West, I think, LOL...anyways, its hard to get a decent perspective of the canyon so this was the best pic I could get where it showed the road (to the left) and you can see how our houses are on the *edge* with slopes that go down into it (on the right)
Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 43710
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 8:57 pm

Good God, how I would love to just be able to gaze at stuff like that everyday. You are blessed!
I was born in Colorado, so I naturally miss mountains living in Michigan. Some of my Michigan friends tried to tell me there are "mountains" up here, but alas, to my dismay, they were mere pathetic "foothills" as Colorado folk would say lol.

When I lived in Arizona... there was this Ghost Town city I visited a few times called Jerome. They have houses out there that are on stilts that go all the way down to the mountain side with half of the house hanging off the edge! It looks really scary! It is really gorgeous there though, it is in Verde Valley in the northern area of Arizona... sort of near Sedona.
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 9:06 pm

I tried to search on google... and this is the closest I could find that serves memory, but it isn't exactly what I mean.... however, it is pretty damned close.
Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 Walls_10
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 9:12 pm

Thank you Lucy, I really spend a lot of time in my backyard so Im one that appreciates it. There are disadvantages though like rattlesnakes, coyotes arent really an issue unless one has outdoor cats, but we have one big worry every year here and with the drought I think this will be one of the worst dangers ever and that is wildfires. The plus side to that for me is there is a fire station right at the end of this road/canyon. Ahh, rabbits too, major PITA

Ive never been to Arizona but my father goes often (Colorado as well) and the pics he takes are breathtaking in their natural beauty. I'll get out there someday Smile Lucy, from what I see in your pics, you have it good there in Michigan too, I love all the trees, and snow, etc. Smile I love that about these scrapbooks, you get to see other places and happy to be where they are and who theyre with, huskies!!!
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 9:21 pm

Oh I won't complain about the beauty here. I love the fact I live near by tons of lakes; I am less than a 5 minute walk from one of the biggest lakes around here. I have my own personal mini lake just in my back yard. We turned it into my own privet dog sled track Very Happy
I do love it here... I just miss mountains! And the wildlife here in Michigan is different from what I grew up around. I mean honestly it is safer here though. The only deadly things we have here are a few spiders and a few snakes... or if you go farther up north maybe some classic forest animals like bears or wolves, coyotes etcetera. In colorado I had to watch out for many things, my parents were such worry warts all the time about me to because I would walk up to the edge on some very highly elevated mountains that if I fell, I would be falling for a couple of minutes before I would meet my doom. (I'm a tom boy, you couldn't keep me away from nature when I was a kid)

I would be terrified to have animals where rattlesnakes and things like that reside frequently. I would inspect the yard before I would let them out every time lol. Kinda like in AZ, you have to shake your shoes out before you put them on in case of scorpions. I still habitually do that to this day lol.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 9:41 pm

My father does a trail in Colorado in his Jeep called *Telluride*...just watching the video of him going down it made me weak in the stomach, LOL...I can understand your parents Wink

Rattlers are a "season" here...ad yeah, quite scary, LOL, but so far Ive been lucky...I leave them alone, they leave me alone. And if they dont move on, I call someone to relocate them. Here are a few Ive had right in my own backyard! Since Kohdi and Mishka have lived here, none have shown up, mostly cuz of the barrier I put down on the canyon fencing to keep the rabbits out...Im keeping my fingers crossed though! LOL

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 24310

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 58410

This one scared the crap out of me! I was picking up those cans when I see what I thought was a big worm Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 1625187496 til it did that unmistakeable curl, I will never forget it...but I myself relocated it!!!
Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 63110
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Teenager
Teenager
caseysteffans

Female Join date : 2014-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 12:51 am

Wow! That thing is tiny! I don't know if u would have even seen it! Good catch Jimmy!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 1:52 am

OMG, Scary pics!!!!! Good God I didn't think they would just hang out so close to your house, eeekkksss.... Yes they have a season, here too. You are more built up and more people where you are compared to me, and in the 4+ years, I have not seen one. I just can't believe they share your space. I'm seriously panicking on the inside. Jimmy did that tiny one make any noise?????

@Lucy, Florida and Texas are known for Scorpions, everyone in Florida talked about them, and in 16 years of living there never saw one. Here same thing, in fact people told me not to have my comforters drape too close to the floor or they will climb up into your bed, eeewww, I have seen a few in our garage, but I have a fearless protector to dispatch them for me, lol.

Ok enough creepy stuff for me, I'm going online shopping......lol
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 3:17 am

@Casey...it was SO tiny, I had honestly never seen one that small before. I think the one along the wall (2nd pic) is its mom...they're appearance in my yard was in the same summer. First pic was one I had to have relocated. If I call Animal Control, they kill them. There is a company here that captures and relocates them in mountains.

@Renee...I've been told they're looking for water when they come in yards and stuff. I have a pool so maybe that's why. I was lucky all times that I saw them before my dogs did. And no Renee, lil one made no noise at all, that small they don't have rattles yet but apparently are more dangerous than the big ones, first because of the no rattle thing and second because when they bite they don't know how to control their venom yet, so they release all of it. I relocated him myself, if he ever comes back he better remember I was a good guy, lol. You know what though, your scorpions scare me more, lol...those creepy lil things can hide anywhere. Hope you had fun shopping! Smile
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 1:47 am

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 Img_0124

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 Img_0125

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 Img_0126

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 Img_0127
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 2:11 am

Hehe ninja Mishka hiding in the tree.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 2:47 am

LOL Lucy, thats a good name for her sometimes Smile The first pic is kinda freaky! it looks like she has no body! LOL, chk it out, I zoomed in on the pic and played with the color a bit...

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 Mishka10
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 9:16 am

She's going to eat souls!!! : Suspect
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Teenager
Teenager
caseysteffans

Female Join date : 2014-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 10:57 am

Jimmy, these are great! She reminds me of a cat hiding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next