It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

The mountain dog leash review: I love it!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

The mountain dog leash review: I love it! Empty
PostSubject: The mountain dog leash review: I love it!   The mountain dog leash review: I love it! EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 8:39 am

So I finally ordered my Mountain dog versatile leash a few days ago, and got it over the weekend. I love it sooo much!! I think my fiance got a little annoyed when I kept bragging about all the cool different things mine could do that her leash couldnt lol!

A little info about it.
It was $40, made of recycled climbing rope (you cant tell though at all). If your dog chews it you can send it back for a new one for free! You can use it to walk 2 dogs at once, use it as tie off, use it as hand free leash, short leash. And so much more you can probably figure out urself. Im in love wit it!

I will attach the link to the site. If anyone is intersted. If anyone have questions or comments for me let me know. The peope that worked there were also very nice. I emailed them a few times.

http://mountaindogproducts.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=27&Itemid=21
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: The mountain dog leash review: I love it!   The mountain dog leash review: I love it! EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 12:28 pm

Eric, thanks for the info, have you walked both dogs at the same with it yet? Didn't notice on the site, but could you add a pic with both dogs so I have a visual on how to use with 2 dogs?
Renee
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: The mountain dog leash review: I love it!   The mountain dog leash review: I love it! EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 3:14 pm

I did a short trial with both dogs on one leash. The puppy is, well still a puppy, so she made ir difficult cause she was all over the place. Koda did well though. When you do 2 dogs on it, it does make the distance between you and your dogs a lot shorter. Roughly 3 1/2 foot leash then since the leash is 7ft. If your have 2 well trained dogs that walk close to you anyway, i feel the leash would work well. However in sure you can find a leash or attachment that would work better thats designed for walking 2 dogs. I feel this works well thoug for being able to do so much other stuff.

I dont have a pic of me doing it. But i made my own handle by making not in middle of leash then just clipped them both on each end.
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: The mountain dog leash review: I love it!   The mountain dog leash review: I love it! EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 3:15 pm

http://mountaindogproducts.com/images/Amazing_Versatile_Leash_Instructions.pdf

That link shows a picture of 2 dogs, a long with a few other ways to use the leash.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: The mountain dog leash review: I love it!   The mountain dog leash review: I love it! EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 3:29 pm

Thank you for the pdf, I get lazy sometimes, lol. Don't have dog number 2 so was just wondering on the versatility of the leash, and it really is. Also like that it is from recycled ropes, very cool. Good price for it as well. I had been looking for a waist belt and this would cover that and then some. Thanks again for your review and help.
Back to top Go down
Balto
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: The mountain dog leash review: I love it!   The mountain dog leash review: I love it! EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 6:52 am

how thick is the rope?
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: The mountain dog leash review: I love it!   The mountain dog leash review: I love it! EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 8:41 am

I dont know the exact thickness and i couldnt find it on the site bute its pretty thick in my opinion. This doesnt help with the thickness really but ut might give you a idea. I asked them how much a 20ft leash made the same way as the versatile leash would be. And they told me they currently dont do them that long anymore cause people felt they were to heavy then. So its a high quality rope. I think the 7ft is perfect weight though. Maybe a lil heavier than your avg leash but not as heavy as my 4ft chain leash
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: The mountain dog leash review: I love it!   The mountain dog leash review: I love it! EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 8:42 am

I was trying to think of something that was similar in diameter. Maybe the size of a AA battery. I mght be a little off though as i dont have the leash infront of me this second.
Back to top Go down
Balto
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: The mountain dog leash review: I love it!   The mountain dog leash review: I love it! EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 8:45 am

probably not thicker than 10mm, thanks anyway Smile
i have plans to make my own leash of a climbing rope and using the carabiners for hooking
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: The mountain dog leash review: I love it!   The mountain dog leash review: I love it! EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 11:20 am

Sorry im not goog at judging diameters to mm when the rope isnt in front of me lol. I was thinking about putting a carabiner on it, the clip however though is bigger and seems a lot more durable than most. I remember reading somewhere on their site they purchase them from the only US supplier left that makes them.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: The mountain dog leash review: I love it!   The mountain dog leash review: I love it! EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 11:48 am

What color did you get?
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: The mountain dog leash review: I love it!   The mountain dog leash review: I love it! EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 2:51 pm

I got the super grey i think it was called.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The mountain dog leash review: I love it!   The mountain dog leash review: I love it! Empty

Back to top Go down

The mountain dog leash review: I love it!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1