A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Miya and Jane!, our October HOTM winners! HOTM - November : TBA!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Miya and Jane,
our October HOTM Winners!
Spooktacular Huskies!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Free Spirit Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Share | .

Loki and Banner's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
caseysteffans
Adult
Adult

Female Join date : 2014-07-17

PostSubject: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:53 pm

Here are a couple updated pics of Loki. I haven't been on here in a while.

" />

18 weeks

" />

20 weeks

It looks like his ears are going to stand. Last week he weighed in at 41lbs. I think he's going to be a big boy!

Last edited by caseysteffans on Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:00 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:44 pm

He's turning out to be a beautiful boy, and despite your troubles, his ears are quite charming, so much fur in them. Looks like he may be a big boy. Thanks for sharing, and please continue.
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:02 pm

Just a few more:

16 Weeks with my sister's German Shepherd, Saxon

18 Weeks: One ear up and the other popping up and down as it pleased
[url=]

Smile!
[url=]

Another one at 20 weeks with my 5 year old:
[url=]
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:04 pm

10 Weeks
" />

12 Weeks
" />

16 Weeks
" />

22 Weeks
" />

23 Weeks with Saxon
" />
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:08 pm

I I love you the last pic. Nice looking buddies
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:12 pm

Saxon is getting old and cranky. Loki annoys him a bit constantly wanting to play. What makes me nervous (nervous isn't the right word....maybe curious) is Loki is only 23 Weeks and almost as tall as Saxon (He weighs 95lbs, but is also a little overweight). When did Miya quit growing? And Congrats on the HOTM!
Back to top Go down
Toadzca
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2014-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:20 pm

What a beautiful looking pup Loki is!!! I have a big boy myself....almost 100lbs which we were not expecting as our girl is half the size and only 40lbs.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:21 pm

Thank you Casey!! Miya will be 2 in November, but has been pretty much the same height and weight at about 6-8 months old. She is filling out some now, I wouldn't be surprised if your Loki comes in under Saxon, maybe 60-70 pounds, he has similar structure to my girl, which will be an inch or two over standard and 10-15 pounds over standard, she's about 23 inches 65 ish pounds. Males tend to be a little taller and heavier than females, and goldens and gsd's run just that much bigger than huskies, around 2 inches and 10-15 pounds. I used gsd's as an example because of Saxon, and the possibility that Miya maybe part gsd.

Her filling out is now in the chest area, which I believe is the last area to grow. By looking at the last pic, although side view, his chest needs to fill out, but I also see the little bump in his legs which tells me he will/should have one more height growth. When the bones are done growing, they seal closed and no longer grow tall wise.

Example breed standard male golden 65-75 pounds and 23-24 inches tall
breed standard male husky 45-60 pounds and 21-23.5 inches

I won't go in the direction of female standard and gsd, you get the idea. I would say he will start to slow down in the next couple of months. I love his husky tail, and his fur around his face and ears. I also think he will be more like husky in body structure, he has such a defined tuck in his back legs and should have a well defined chest, where as goldens don't have that strong of a definition. he also looks leaner (longer) in the legs. He's absolutely beautiful. How's his blow coat, or not there yet? Miya hasn't blown coat, expecting another few weeks.
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:06 am

Thank you Cindy! I guess I should clarify and say Saxon weighs 95lbs. Loki weighs 50lbs right now.
I guess I don't know what to expect with his coat. When it was in the high 90's and low 100's he went threw a short period where he shredded a lot but not in huge clumps like I've seen in pictures/videos of huskies. Last week the temperature was in the eighties and this week its in the forties and fifties. But the way Montana works, it could be back in the eighties next week. Does the temperature affect coat blow? Also his fur is extremely soft. He feels like a stuffed animal. Right now he measures at roughly 23-24 inches at the shoulder ( that's where you measure to right?) So he's tall and lean? Lol
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:26 am

Casey, Yes that's where you measure. Coat blow I think has something do to with weather and breed as well as coat type(short like Miya or longer like show type huskies), have to get winter coat in. Yes he's tall and lean, love him, like my girl, just my preference. With Miya, her lineage would suggest poorly bred husky, or that a grandparent on mother's side was part gsd. Miya would dwarf her daddy(all sibe), and a little bigger than her momma. All her siblings look like daddy, traditional sibes. Didn't know you were in Montana, get your coat ready, lol. Supposed to be quite chilly here too, but hey next week could be a 100 again as well. Miya's coat is nowhere near like my neighbors husky, he seemed to blow coat all summer. We shall see though.

Anyway, keep up the pics, I love watching him grow!! You can tell by the pics his fur is stuffed animal soft.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:16 am

Loki is one of the cutest dogs I've ever seen. if he were mine, I don't think I'd ever be able to say "no" to him , LOL, all he'd have to do is look at me with those eyes and I'd cave, hahaha
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:21 am

Thank you Jimmy! He wasn't so cute when grabbed a bag of top soil and drug it around the yard completely emptying the bag lol! That took a little while to clean up.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:04 pm

O.k Casey, youre telling the wrong person how "not" cute that is, LOL. Although cleaning it probably sucked, I would have sat there and watched him do it, LOL, and probably even taken pics! I love it.

Even though cleaning it sucked, you couldnt look at that face and be mad at him could you?!!! Be honest!! LOLOL
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:14 pm

Okay okay! It was more like a yell "NO!" Followed by laughing.
Back to top Go down
techigirl78
Adult
Adult

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:39 pm

He is very cute! His fur looks so soft.
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:01 pm

Thank you Jessica! He is really soft! I'd try cuddling with him more if he didn't try to nibble my ears.
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:53 am

Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:54 am

I tried to get a picture...but I don't know if it shows well. Loki is turning red down his back!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:29 am

Hahahaha, Casey i was going to mention in the pic with Saxon that he looked as if he was turning a little red. Crazy, but that's a husky for you. White, although very difficult to see, will often times have a different stripe running down their backs. Although Miya is certainly not white, she has a black stripe down her back. He's turning into a beautiful peaches and cream. You can see that he's filling out too.

Renee
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:44 am

This might sound kind of silly but I actually gave him a bath a couple weeks ago because I thought he was just that dirty! When it didn't wash out I realized he was changing color lol
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:46 am

Does her stripe begin at the tip of her nose?
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:54 am

Pretty much, yup, lol. Even in her baby pics it goes from the tip of her nose to the tip of her tail, pretty weird really.
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:58 am

She's so pretty though! I love the stripe on her face and her ears!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:11 am

Thank you, Fyi, it's 57 here and i almost froze to death on our nightly jeep ride. I figured I'd give you a good laugh! We had a cat, if i can find a pic I'll put it up, when we got her she was all white but her face. It was split down the middle half brownish/black other half white. She had ice blue eyes, the rest all white. Then one day I see a black dot on her hind leg, so I scrub, yes a cat taking a bath, thought it was poo, she had to have been about 4 months old. It wasn't poo, she ended up a multi colored cat. We were told she was Siamese, she was a Ragdoll, and she ended up weighing like 30 pounds.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:19 am

This was from an old cell phone camera, taking about 2009, her name was Flash, lol, she was tiny when we got her, grew a pound a month, so at 10 months she was 10 pounds. Flash was not a good name, lol, her face never changed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   

Back to top Go down

Loki and Banner's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 17Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next