A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Jack and Jen B!, our August HOTM winners! HOTM - September : TBA!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Jack and Jen B,
our August HOTM Winners!
Far Away Places!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our August Rescue is:

North Star Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Share | .

Loki and Banner's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
caseysteffans
Adult
Adult

Female Join date : 2014-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:32 am

Ha ha ha...it was about 60 here and I got hot and was running the a/c in my car! It felt awesome today considering the last two days it was sleeting out.

That cat is absolutely amazing! I can't believe the distinct line right down the middle of her face! I had a twenty two pound cat that ended up with diabetes. We had to give him insulin shots twice a day.
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:33 am

Is ragdoll the same as calico?
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:59 am

Nope, man made breed, lol. Some lady in California bred a Siamese, with this laid back cat got the new breed Ragdoll, they tend to be a heavy cat, that goes limp when (or if you can,lol) you pick them up. She was a very sweet tempered cat, loved to play in water. I wanted to show you the transformation of an all white animal into a totally different color when full grown, similar to how huskies are. Our vet had her pic up on his main wall, because she was so unique looking. She was amazingly healthy for how big she was.
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:20 pm

You are teaching me something new everyday! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:35 am

You're new info of the day.....Calico's are not a breed, but a type of coat color usually orange and black with white base but are a separate color and females are most common (males are rare). Flash was considered a tortoiseshell or tortie point coat color more specific in Siamese breed, more often female. Tortie's coat looks more marbled and typically have the split face, yet have the three same basic colors as the calico orange, black and white. Ragdolls, to be specific, are of Burmese, Persian, and Siamese descent, have ice blue eyes, and have the softest fur you will ever feel. She never meowed, but more of a chirp. Although not dog like, their growth and color changes are very much like that of huskies. I was thinking of doing a memorial so maybe I should put some pics up of our long lost other girls.
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:17 pm

For Loki's Six Month "Birthday"....I guess it's his half birthday, I drove the 2 hours to visit my sister and we took him to the dog park for the first time!

Playing with a doberman and Daisy (half husky, half heeler):
" />

Playing with Saxon (German Shepherd) and Fifa (white female husky):

The ride home after the weekend:
Back to top Go down
Vetsky
Teenager
Teenager

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:53 pm

The picture with the two of them sleeping in the car is great!!!! I have been looking at it for a few mins now.

Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:04 pm

Thank you Jeff! I was considering framing that one!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:25 pm

Casey you should that is so adorable. It's looking like they are best buds!! Love the pics.
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:38 pm

Thanks Renee! By the way, I ordered the DNA test! It should be here Wednesday!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:50 pm

Such a sweet picture of the two of them sleeping I love you I'm so envious - the closest contact Ami tolerates is when he gets in the car and we turn on the air conditioning for him - he lays down in the back seat up against the door with his snout laying in the space between the back of my seat and the window...usually with his eyes closed and a blissful expression on his face!
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:52 pm

That is the sweetest picture! Looks like everyone had fun. Smile

Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:04 am

Thank you! They did have a great time...they were both worn out!
I would love to see that Amy. Usually Loki is all over trying to get in the front, sticking his head in the steering wheel, trying to lay behind you in the seat, he has even shifted the car into neutral.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:08 am

Lol, we call Miya a huffer.......she sticks her nose in the air vents and just sucks up the ac........

Excited about the DNA test, let me know the results.

Everyone looked liked they had a great time, even Saxon,lol. Where was he in proximity to the sleepers, lol.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:24 am

Awesome pictures...Loki is one of my favorite dogs Smile
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:45 am

@caseysteffans wrote:
Thank you! They did have a great time...they were both worn out!
I would love to see that Amy. Usually Loki is all over trying to get in the front, sticking his head in the steering wheel, trying to lay behind you in the seat, he has even shifted the car into neutral.

Which is why the big boy's harness is tethered to the child seat anchors - 63 pounds of husky in the driver's seat is a no-go Laughing
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:04 am

Thank you Jimmy! Where you able to get your picture of both pups yet?

Loki broke his harness. The plastic buckle snapped in half. I need to get a new one. In that picture I looped his leash in the child seat anchor.

Renee, We rode to the dog park with Joe (my sister's husband) in his truck. The picture was taken after we got back and were loaded back up into my car to head home. Loki's butt is actually pushed up on the baby's car seat. On the way back from the dog park, Saxon actually ended up on my lap which showed me what a difference there is between 50 and almost 100 pounds! Smile
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:54 am

You're welcome Casey Smile I just realized Loki and my Mishka are about the same age, she just turned 6 months too (her b-day is March 27th)

And no, lol...the two of them together in pics (besides my crappy iphone pics) still eludes me, haha...besides being SO busy the last couple weeks, I also cant find the charger to my camera...you know, like... when you put something in a safe place and its SO safe not even you can find it, lol...unless that kinda thing only happens to me!! I wouldn't be surprised, LOL
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:42 am

Jimmy, Loki and Mishka share a birthday! That is crazy! And no, you aren't the only one who finds the 'perfect' place to put something then can't remember where that perfect place was! I usually find what I'm looking for after and I replace the one I lost.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:19 am

Oh wow!!! that IS crazy, see, all the super cute Huskies were born on this day Wink

And whew, I'm glad I'm not the only one that loses things that I put in a place specifically so it won't get lost, haha...I do seem to do it a bit too often though Wink
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:01 pm

On my way taking Loki to the vet, I stopped at my in law's house. The size difference between Loki and their teacup yorki is comical to me.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:31 pm

@caseysteffans wrote:
On my way taking Loki to the vet, I stopped at my in law's house. The size difference between Loki and their teacup yorki is comical to me.

Little dogs and me: Not so great, I trip on them and they usually BARK. Hate barking. But if I was the size of a teacup and all these feet were around me, guess I'd bark, too.
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:00 am

Oh Amy! They drive me crazy! Izzy the one in the picture, barks constantly. They have another one named Zoe. She is extremely hyper. One night she was on the couch behind and was pawing at the back of my head and fell behind my back and freaked out. When she did, she wrapped herself around my hair(it's extremely long) and it took us a couple minutes to free us from each other! After that I vowed to never own an ankle bitter!
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:50 pm

My travel buddy

Dinner Time!

First time in the snow:

Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:24 am

I love Loki!!! he is SO adorable...great pics!! sometimes I wish we got snow, but then I remember that snow is cold and I don't like the cold Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loki and Banner's Scrapbook   

Back to top Go down

Loki and Banner's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next