It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Riley's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riley's Scrapbook   Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 4:29 pm

They love to swim, she's a natural. Good times!! Loved it and your girls are enjoying the puppy as well, very cool that the whole family is involved in the care, play, and training.
Back to top Go down
Vetsky
Teenager
Teenager
Vetsky

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Riley's Scrapbook   Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 12:47 pm

MiyasMomma wrote:
They love to swim, she's a natural. Good times!! Loved it and your girls are enjoying the puppy as well, very cool that the whole family is involved in the care, play, and training.

We will be going to my parents lake house this weekend. Should be a blast!
Back to top Go down
Vetsky
Teenager
Teenager
Vetsky

PostSubject: Re: Riley's Scrapbook   Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 12:48 pm

OMG!  Best invention ever.

The bully stick.

Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 I-XNCPqKW-M
Back to top Go down
Vetsky
Teenager
Teenager
Vetsky

PostSubject: Re: Riley's Scrapbook   Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 4:20 pm

Riley has been having a bunch of doggy playdates recently.

I tried to get a better picture, but they were always moving.

Notice the size difference between Daisy(the golden) and Riley.  Once Daisy left she was asleep in about 15 seconds.

Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 I-XQMLf2H-M
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Riley's Scrapbook   Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 4:23 pm

OMG, too cute
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Riley's Scrapbook   Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 12:49 am

She is TOO cute!! love the sunrise pic too
Back to top Go down
Vetsky
Teenager
Teenager
Vetsky

PostSubject: Re: Riley's Scrapbook   Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 7:30 am

Thanks guys!

So we spent the weekend up at my parent's country house.  Riley had a doggy playdate with Daisy.  I tried to get an image showing the size difference. It was tough as they are always moving.  Daisy is 5 years old and did a great job putting Riley in he place when she got a little too nippy.

Riley also did a great job swimming.  Although i did not get a pic of that.

Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 I-S3RVZdv-M

Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 I-QF4Z4dM-M

Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 I-VXQjFRq-M

All in all, Riley is doing great, and really meshing with our family.  Even though she is a little nipper.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Riley's Scrapbook   Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 1:19 pm

lovely pics, she is so pretty and getting bigger. They are nippers at that age just keep up with the training. Thanks again for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Vetsky
Teenager
Teenager
Vetsky

PostSubject: Re: Riley's Scrapbook   Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 6:21 pm

MiyasMomma wrote:
lovely pics, she is so pretty and getting bigger. They are nippers at that age just keep up with the training. Thanks again for sharing!

Thanks Renee,

Yeah, she is getting bigger. She gained 1.8lbs in about 10 days. I'm hoping that is normal.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Riley's Scrapbook   Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 6:24 pm

I found with Miya they grow crazy fast until about 6 months old than the growing slows down some. As long as your vet is not concerned I would not be.
Back to top Go down
Vetsky
Teenager
Teenager
Vetsky

PostSubject: Re: Riley's Scrapbook   Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 4:39 pm

It has been a while since I posted.  Riley is getting pretty big.  I do have some decent images, but they are in my camera.  

Here are two iPhone pics for the time being.

Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 I-jxqBxjc-M

Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 I-6QZt6BH-M
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Riley's Scrapbook   Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 6:17 pm

2 great pics Jeff. I adore outside, nature photos and huskies. Kids and huskies none better. Your daughter better enjoy the time she can picking up Riley, few more months and Riley will be as big as her, lol. Again great pics. Btw, lots of love in that pic!
Back to top Go down
Vetsky
Teenager
Teenager
Vetsky

PostSubject: Re: Riley's Scrapbook   Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 2:46 pm

Thanks Renee.  I think your Riley's biggest fan.  Smile

My wife took her to a doggy playdate with Daisy.  The retriever above.  You can see how much bigger Riley has gotten.  Although compared to daisy she is still pretty small.  Soon I think Riley will be giving Daisy a run for her money.  As it is now daisy plays for 5 mins then Riley just runs circles around her.

Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Riley's Scrapbook   Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 4:15 pm

Love the video - that's how it is with Ami and Archer, especially in the warm weather. Archer runs circles around Ami, hanging from Ami's cheek fur Laughing Sometimes I have to put them on their tethers and give them a bone, just to let Ami have some rest! We'll see what happens when the weather is full on cold and Ami is rarin' to go!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Riley's Scrapbook   Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 11:14 pm

Lol, loved the video, funny Miya was sound asleep, as soon as she heard the video she was up looking around, ha! My girl is still that way, runs circles around her husky boyfriend who is only a year older, lol. Keep on sharing, love watching her grow (it keeps my husky fever at bay), I also love the fact that your family is involved.
Back to top Go down
Vetsky
Teenager
Teenager
Vetsky

PostSubject: Re: Riley's Scrapbook   Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 3:34 pm

Thanks guys.  

Finally got some more recent images.

I seem to get my best images when Riley is sleeping.  I'm not sure hoe Haley is even comfortable in this position.

Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 I-HPK5MPb-L

Can you tell we spoil Riley with toys....

Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 I-9jS7DwG-L

Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 I-svvksjT-L

And a goofy face shot...

Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 I-JLMNCLt-L
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Riley's Scrapbook   Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 4:06 pm

She's so elegant...and pensive. Reminds me of my very first, 40+ years ago, a puppy that was sick from the start, Sonja. Only had her 3 months, had to put her to sleep Christmas eve day...she was the sweetest little girl, never had a chance. The vet said the breeder was "well-known" to him and gave me a better reference for my next girl, Sasha. Sweet was NOT is ole Sash's repetoire, sassy a better fit.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Riley's Scrapbook   Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 4:13 pm

Ahhhh, a girl and her best friend, nothing better. She's indeed changing and growing. Sleepy pics are the only time they stay still long enough to take a good pic. lol
Back to top Go down
Vetsky
Teenager
Teenager
Vetsky

PostSubject: Re: Riley's Scrapbook   Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 4:14 pm

amymeme wrote:
She's so elegant...and pensive.  Reminds me of my very first, 40+ years ago, a puppy that was sick from the start, Sonja.  Only had her 3 months, had to put her to sleep Christmas eve day...she was the sweetest little girl, never had a chance.  The vet said the breeder was "well-known" to him and gave me a better reference for my next girl, Sasha.  Sweet was NOT is ole Sash's repetoire, sassy a better fit.

That is such a sad story. Was Sonja your first?
Back to top Go down
Vetsky
Teenager
Teenager
Vetsky

PostSubject: Re: Riley's Scrapbook   Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 4:15 pm

MiyasMomma wrote:
Ahhhh, a girl and her best friend, nothing better. She's indeed changing and growing. Sleepy pics are the only time they stay still long enough to take a good pic. lol

Tell me about it. She has grown twice the size since we got her.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Riley's Scrapbook   Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 4:19 pm

Vetsky wrote:

amymeme wrote:
She's so elegant...and pensive.  Reminds me of my very first, 40+ years ago, a puppy that was sick from the start, Sonja.  Only had her 3 months, had to put her to sleep Christmas eve day...she was the sweetest little girl, never had a chance.  The vet said the breeder was "well-known" to him and gave me a better reference for my next girl, Sasha.  Sweet was NOT is ole Sash's repetoire, sassy a better fit.

That is such a sad story.  Was Sonja your first?

Yes - I was 22, away from home for the first time with new husband. We thought Sonja was going to pull through, then she nose-dived. Full of worms, distemper...the vet had her on a nutritional paste because she couldn't keep food down. Was an agonizing experience. Vet told us to wait 3 months after disinfecting the whole apt and then try another pup from a more reputable breeder. Sasha was a total reverse, total Siberian attitude. Kept me on my toes until the end of her days. Ami, I think, is more like Sonja in temperament.
Back to top Go down
Vetsky
Teenager
Teenager
Vetsky

PostSubject: Re: Riley's Scrapbook   Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 4:22 pm

That sucks. I'm not sure that I would have tried again.

I'm glad Ami is in tip top condition!
Back to top Go down
Vetsky
Teenager
Teenager
Vetsky

PostSubject: Re: Riley's Scrapbook   Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 12:43 pm

I thought this was a cute picture.

My wife drops Haley off at school and she brings Riley with them.  She LOVES to ride in the car.  Here she is peeking out the window.  She is getting bigger everyday.

Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 I-SpWG7N7-L
Back to top Go down
svincent207
Newborn
Newborn
svincent207

Female Join date : 2014-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Riley's Scrapbook   Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 1:02 pm

You really have some wonderful pictures. Its great to see how much your kids love her, pretty soon she won't fit on their laps, she is growing so fast!
Back to top Go down
Vetsky
Teenager
Teenager
Vetsky

PostSubject: Re: Riley's Scrapbook   Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 4:42 pm

svincent207 wrote:
You really have some wonderful pictures.  Its great to see how much your kids love her, pretty soon she won't fit on their laps, she is growing so fast!  

Thanks Sarah,

Yeah, truth be told I'm looking forward to the day that she is too heavy for them.  They are constantly fighting over who is going to hold her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riley's Scrapbook   Riley's Scrapbook - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Riley's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next