It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Have to Brag a little!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

Have to Brag a little! Empty
PostSubject: Have to Brag a little!   Have to Brag a little! EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 1:29 pm

Koda wrapped up his last week of his current training class. It was impulse control. He did amazing! There are still things I need to work on with him from that class, but im not going to lie the last class, everyone, even the trainer and myself, was shocked.... One of the things we do is have the dog stay. We walk out of the room, shut the door, and walk as far around the building as we can without the dog moving, and come back in then release reward. My first attempt i didnt want to push it, so i walked out the door shut it and walked maybe 1/4 of the way trough the building. Koda didnt budge. I was very proud. So the trainer showed me the route to take (its like a maze of rooms lol) to walk around through the building, then i would actually come in another door behind koda. I told her i think this will cause him to break when he sees me walk ip behind him in another door. We tried anyway. I walked around the building. I would say it was probably a good 30 seconds. Came im behind him and he didnt move or even turn his body, just his head!!! I was soooo proud of him! The other dogs in the class couldnt even stay with the owner opening the first door.

Next class im going to take is a higher lvl obedience class thay does a lot with distractions and around town work. After that I want to do the off leash class, i know this is a sensitive topic, but its somethibg i still want to train with him, even if i never use it. My trainer said after those 2 classes she thinks he could be ready for cgc!!

Last edited by Ericobeasto on Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

Female Join date : 2013-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Have to Brag a little!   Have to Brag a little! EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 1:46 pm

Congratulations! That is a lot of hard work.

I can barely get mine to stay and wait before release from 10-15 feet away before she comes running to me lol. Can't wait to hear more about the advanced classes.
Back to top Go down
FirstAscent
Puppy
Puppy
FirstAscent

Male Join date : 2014-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Have to Brag a little!   Have to Brag a little! EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 1:48 am

That's so awesome! I'd be super proud too and definitely worth bragging about =)
Back to top Go down
RiskyBusiness
Newborn
Newborn
RiskyBusiness

Female Join date : 2014-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Have to Brag a little!   Have to Brag a little! EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 6:44 pm

!!! so much excitement!
Today Risky did a great job at staying while I was preparing her food. We even broke eye contact and she sat like a polite lady. (: I can only imagine how pleased you were.

Have any updates for us? (:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have to Brag a little!   Have to Brag a little! Empty

Back to top Go down

Have to Brag a little!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1