It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Does this sound right to you??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

Does this sound right to you?? Empty
PostSubject: Does this sound right to you??   Does this sound right to you?? EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 3:36 pm

Okay, so I was at the dog park with Memphis and there was a lady with three huskies(no pictures I know, I know..) and I was asking her about her dogs and she was talking to me about how she recently got one of her dogs and she was fixed before she got her from a rescue, She continued to tell me that since she was fixed she has no control of her bladder and that was because she was spayed and huskies are more prone to that..????? She told me she has to give her a pill everyday so she doesn't go all over. Can someone please tell me if they've ever heard of this happening
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: Does this sound right to you??   Does this sound right to you?? EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 3:39 pm

BTW this lady really didn't seem to know to much about the breed, she thought if a husky didnt have blue eyes it in not "pure bred" Does this sound right to you?? 1625187496 Of course I had to inform her that she was very mistaken
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Does this sound right to you??   Does this sound right to you?? EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 4:00 pm

Lol, sorry to laugh Jane. Obviously something went wrong with the spay, or there was a genetic issue with the dog. As far as I know and have done a lot of research bladder problems are not common with huskies. A little tidbit of info on the husky breed, brown eyes are the primary color, blues were a genetic fault, if you will, and were originally bred into the breed. Yes blue eyed huskies are now quite common, and most people associate blue eyed huskies as being the norm. And since we're delving deep into the breed, huskies are the original 7 breeds from the wolf, no wolves have blue eyes, if you see a blue eyed wolf it is not pure and has domestic dog in it's genes, husky. Blue eyes were first seen in the almost white husky.
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: Does this sound right to you??   Does this sound right to you?? EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 4:07 pm

LOL okay well thank you I knew that just sounded very odd. That's interesting, I know no wolf has blue eyes only when they are babies then their eyes change, it always bothers me when i see that commercial with the wolf with blue eyes lol. I wonder what could have gone wrong to make that poor dog have issues :/
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Does this sound right to you??   Does this sound right to you?? EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 4:14 pm

Poor quality spays produce terrible outcomes. Most rescue groups go to the cheapest vets, not all, Miya was not a rescue, however, the vet we did use was not the best quality, she now has false heat. She can't have puppies, but they only "found" one ovary when they did her spay, so now every 6 months or so, she goes into heat. Many of us believe if at all possible to wait before spaying until dog isn't really a puppy, Miya was 5 months, and if I had known any better I would have waited, they mature slower than many breeds. Yes I get agitated seeing wolf's with blue eyes, it's such false advertising.
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: Does this sound right to you??   Does this sound right to you?? EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 4:20 pm

wow I've never heard of that happening! D: Can you get her re-fixed again to find the other ovary, if that's what even happened? I was planning on getting my new girl spayed at 6 months, do you think that is too soon? Now I have to go read reviews on my vet lol
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Does this sound right to you??   Does this sound right to you?? EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 4:40 pm

Do your research, before deciding, you have a little time, talk to the breeder as well, sometimes they have set a date in your contract. I could have her respayed, I choose not too, I don't feel comfortable on invasive, unnecessary surgeries.
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: Does this sound right to you??   Does this sound right to you?? EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 5:12 pm

Well I emailed her, now have to wait hopefully it isn't by a certain time. I'd feel better to wait maybe until she is about 7 months. I agree if its unnecessary, done put her through that. I just thought that her going into heat must be bothersom. Doesn't that make you upset that some vets just don't know what they are doing! arrgg
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Does this sound right to you??   Does this sound right to you?? EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 5:20 pm

It bothers me greatly, I will not go to them again. It is somewhat bothersome, it's not nearly as bad as regular heat, so we put up with it. Do you mind me asking where you're getting Shada?
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: Does this sound right to you??   Does this sound right to you?? EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 5:23 pm

Well that's good, No not at all, She's from Apache Run Siberians Smile
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Does this sound right to you??   Does this sound right to you?? EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 5:30 pm

Omg, had to log back in, I seriously considered getting her, very good breeder from what others have mentioned, and a very good show line. She is beautiful. I am envious of you, so in a weird way Jane, we're connected, lol. I can not wait to watch her grow with you, you will have a wonderful husky for sure.
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: Does this sound right to you??   Does this sound right to you?? EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 5:33 pm

Wow that's crazy! Well I feel very lucky to be getting her!! I'm hoping she will be a good one, she will be my first Only 21 more days....... hurry up and wait I guess LOL!
Back to top Go down
trbomax
Puppy
Puppy
trbomax

Male Join date : 2014-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Does this sound right to you??   Does this sound right to you?? EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 8:49 pm

Robin had the bladder control issues when she was around 7 yrs old. The vet said she probably had a hormonal imbalance from being spayed and of menapausal age. We gave here estrogen pills for about 8 months (it fixed the bladder problem in a week or so) then took her off of them to see what would happen.The problem was gone and has not returned.Thats all I know about it!
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: Does this sound right to you??   Does this sound right to you?? EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 8:54 pm

Oh my! Hahaha well I guess it's bad to do it too early and late on, That's good news that she no longer has that problem though! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does this sound right to you??   Does this sound right to you?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does this sound right to you??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1