It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Secret Santa 2014 info!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Secret Santa 2014 info! Empty
PostSubject: Secret Santa 2014 info!   Secret Santa 2014 info! EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 2:45 pm

Secret Santa is a tradition here on IAHT.com and I'm happy to run it again this yr.

We have one main rule, to prevent sad huskies on Christmas morning from people who bailed without telling me you can only be a part of SS if you have over 100 post (same rule for HOTM), I'm really sorry if this excludes you this year, but we have had some flakes in the past that have ruined my trusting nature. You have till Nov. 17 to reach that #.

Here is the info if you want to partake in the holiday fun:)

Please PM me your name, address and dog/s names by NOV 17th!!!!! and I will get back to everyone by the 21st or sooner.

I am suggesting a $25 limit for the family (not per dog, but if you want, you are free to go over, please don't go under or count shipping into the $25) remember it's all for fun and spoiling the dogs.

Once I have all the names I will then PM you who you will be gifting to, remember it's a secret so no giving out clues, OR asking other members who they have Wink
You don't have to celebrate Christmas to partake in the fun either its open to everyone, I can note in the PM to the person that gets you to stay away from x-mas themed stuff if that's what you want.
All the gifts should be sent in the mail by Dec 8, that gives it 2.5 weeks to show up, if you will be out of town or are in another country please just note that in your post so the person who does receive you will adjust the shipping date so you receive it in time. You can put your name on the return address, or not, if you don't please add your name to the inside package so the receiver knows who sent it and can thank you. If you have an issue with shipping to another country please let me know a head of time.

It would be great if everyone could take pictures or video of your dog/s opening their gifts to share with everyone! We can post them in a new SS Reveal thread AFTER Christmas, that way we keep the secret. It would be nice to post on here that you did receive your gift (no name of sender) so the sender knows it showed up.

Ok on to the fun, please post in this thread what your dog/s like/dislikes are so that whomever receives your pups will have an idea of what gifts to pick up.
Treats, collars, wearable things, toys, whatever they love most.

When you receive the name of who you are shopping for come back to this thread and find the post about what they like to help with the shopping!

This will be a TON of fun and I hope you all have a great time shopping and wrapping and letting the dog/s do the opening!!!

let me know if you have any questions!

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014 info!   Secret Santa 2014 info! EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 2:48 pm

I will start
Sierra and Jack love all natural treats/ bones.
they love squeaky toys that are durable, like the kong stuff
they are not a fan of rubber smelling toys though.

please NO STUFFED TOYS or FABRIC anything, Sierra eats them Sad

Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014 info!   Secret Santa 2014 info! EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 3:03 pm

Yay! Tika and Ripley LOVE Secret Santa!!

They like:
all natural treats
any stuffed durable toys (Ripley has jaws of steel and rips anything apart)
If it is a stuffed toy, they go NUTS over the ones with deep sounding squeaks, they much prefer over the high pitched ones.
We have puzzle treat dispensers in two forms, but they are always a hit with Tika
Ripley loves balls (lolz)
Back to top Go down
Karu4Link
Teenager
Teenager
Karu4Link

Female Join date : 2014-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014 info!   Secret Santa 2014 info! EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 3:09 pm

Aww this sounds like fun! Hopefully I can get my post count up in time to participate.
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014 info!   Secret Santa 2014 info! EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 3:28 pm

Bode loves Secret Santa. He still hasn’t quite gotten the concept of opening presents though…

·         Made in America treats, especially anything Zuke’s,
·         Antlers, non-split ones last longer for us
·         Pigs ears
·         Squeaky plush toys. He’s not really an eater, but the less little things that stick out (like eyeballs or whatever) the better. For some reason, he has a thing for Elephants, so that’s always a bonus. Lol. He also loooooves the stuffed squeaky footballs that have tug ropes on either end.
·         Squeaky balls

Please no:

·         Rawhides
·         Nylabones (he loves them, but they hurt his gums)
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014 info!   Secret Santa 2014 info! EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 3:45 pm

We're definitely in this year too!

Anything that squeaks (preferably no stuffing, he eats it)
American made treats
Antlers
Any type of balls that bounce (tennis, chuck it, etc.)
Oh and Lycus LOVES anything colored pink lol!

Dislikes:
Rawhides
Anything with too much stuffing
Rope toys

Last edited by Rocio_Caballero on Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014 info!   Secret Santa 2014 info! EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 4:16 pm

PM me with address please Smile

Teenager
Teenager
kylah2013

Female Join date : 2014-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014 info!   Secret Santa 2014 info! EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 7:41 pm

Were very excited for our first secret santa!

Kylah likes:
-Just about anything Wink
-DURABLE stuffed toys or skinz (flat stuffingless animals)
-Nylabones
-America made treats

dislikes:
-Rawhides
-tennis balls (she eats the fuzz)

Honestly, she's not very picky, but she is a somewhat heavy chewer. She can have stuffed toys as long as the outside material is durable.  She will play with almost anything, so surprise us! Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by kylah2013 on Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:14 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014 info!   Secret Santa 2014 info! EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 12:27 am

YAY! It's Secret Santa time!! We have so much fun doing Secret Santa every year. I can't wait to spoil some dogs. Cato, Teddy, & Delilah have so much fun unboxing their loot!

- Himalayan Chews
- Buffalo Horns
- Freeze Dried Treats
- Zuke's Mini's
- Anything Raw-Based
- Toys without Stuffing

Dislikes:
- Toys with stuffing
- Rawhides
- Deer Antlers (Moose and Elk are fine!)
- Anything Chinese-made
- Chicken Products
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014 info!   Secret Santa 2014 info! EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 10:34 am

I'm in, Yukon likes pretty much anything toy/treat wise. Unlike last year he's a complete peanut butter fiend now, so there's isn't much he dislikes as long as it is healthy. Although don't send anything that will die in a week (aka tons of stuffing) or is from China/Purina please!

Kong/Nylabone
Durable things
Healthy treats
squeaky toys
Tennis Balls

Dislikes:

Anything from China or Purina
Toys that like to "explode" Razz

Last edited by AMB on Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014 info!   Secret Santa 2014 info! EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 10:44 am

Yay! We had so much fun last year. Smile

Mishka likes almost everything but his favorites are:

- All Natural USA made treats / chews
- Himalayan Chews
- Red Barn Naturals Filled Horns (LG)
- Squeaky plush toys
- Kong Air balls
- Blue Buffalo Wild trail treats (Salmon is his fave)

Dislikes:
- Rawhides
- Antlers
- Rope Toys
- Nylabones
- Rubber toys

blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014 info!   Secret Santa 2014 info! EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 3:47 pm

It'll just be Ghost and I (and whatever fosters I might have) this year, Aaron and Lulu will be out in Colorado. Ghost does like stuffies but will destroy the ones that aren't as robustly made, and she likes things she can chew on. She's not a huge fan of balls, that's Lulu's thing. She'll pretty much eat anything, and especially likes the dental type bones (please all natural/made in USA for food).

Stuffed animals (the ones made tough)
Bully Sticks
Himalayan Chews
Jerkey
Nylabones/tough rubber chew toys

Please no:
Rawhide
Rope toys
Food items made in China

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Secret Santa 2014 info! 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014 info!   Secret Santa 2014 info! EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 7:20 pm

We're in! Embry, Zoey and Ares love secret santa!

Kong Wubbas
Tuffy Brand Stuffed Toys
PrideBite Toys
Himalayan Chews
Kygen Invincible Toys (they like the hedgehogs and snakes)
Stuffingless toys
Bandanas

Please don't:
Stuffed toys that aren't the 2 brands on the list, they don't last more then a couple minutes lol
Rawhides(Ares swallows them whole and then proceeds to barf everywhere)
Made in China treats/bones
Rubber Toys
Rope Toys
Balls that aren't the Kong brand
Back to top Go down
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014 info!   Secret Santa 2014 info! EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 9:19 pm

Loki and Django loved SS last year so we will do it again this year.
Tuffy Brand Stuffed Toys
Himalayan Chews
Kygen Invincible Toys (they like the hedgehogs and snakes)
Stuffingless toys
odorless bullysticks

dislikes:
made in china treats
Anything with Rice (Django is allergic)
Tennis balls (Loki eats the fuzz)
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

Female Join date : 2013-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014 info!   Secret Santa 2014 info! EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 1:06 am

Hey guys, Secret Santa was awesome last year, I've even signed up for the Michigan h2m2 this year! Going to be so much fun!!! Smile

Okami likes:
Split elk antlers
Anything Zukes
Himalayan yaky puffs
Chuck-it balls
Kong dumbell sqeaker things..
Toys that are TOUGH
Chuck-it Flying Squirrel

We love suprises!

Things we could use:
Orapup- I have been really wanting to use that thing lol
Double/triple rowed grooming rake
Sharp tiny round tip scissors for toe hair trimming
Some pet shampoo / just make sure it smells excellent, with natural ingredients

Okami + me dislikes
Salmon
Rope toys
Stuffed toys (soft toys are okay just no stuffing)
Nylabones
Rawhide
Bully sticks
Nothing with by-product or filler "foods" i.e corn, grain- especially grain she has an intolerance, wheat, rice etcetera.
Please make sure any treats are from the U.S.A, or at least not from China.

This list is subject to change over the course of a couple days.

Thank you for all the joy our secret santa will bring Smile
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014 info!   Secret Santa 2014 info! EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 5:52 pm

Who else is in?!?!?!?!

Adult
Adult
Playing with the Big Dogs

Female Join date : 2013-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014 info!   Secret Santa 2014 info! EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 4:07 pm

I'm in it will be our first time and it sounds like a lot of fun.

Invincible Snake or the dragon toys (they last for a while)
Made in america treats
Skineez
Zuke's treats
Bully sticks
Antlers
Nylabones

Dislikes
Balls they don't play with them they just eat them.
Stuffed toys other than the one listed
Rawhides
Back to top Go down
http://playingwiththebigdogs.blogspot.com/
Adult
Adult

Female Join date : 2013-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014 info!   Secret Santa 2014 info! EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 11:44 pm

How does everyone feel about home made dog treats? I think there fun to make and then you can really control what goes into them but I would want to know how other people feel.
Back to top Go down
http://playingwiththebigdogs.blogspot.com/
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014 info!   Secret Santa 2014 info! EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 1:26 am

A couple of people did it last year without problems. If I remember correctly they just stated the contents and it was fine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014 info!   Secret Santa 2014 info! EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 2:53 pm

Only problem might be the timing.

The dog treats I've made at home don't tend to last as long as store bought ones. I made and sent some last year and they went bad before Christmas. So maybe either send a note to Jen to let them know to open as soon as they get it or make sure you're sending something that'll last a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

Female Join date : 2013-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014 info!   Secret Santa 2014 info! EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 3:02 pm

Agreed, Katie. I made some peanut butter treats a year ago, and I made a ton... I froze most of them, but the ones that were out went bad sooo quickly. I didn't expect it and was disapointed.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014 info!   Secret Santa 2014 info! EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 3:17 pm

i have found some do not last long enough to ship and leave till the 25th to open, either give me a heads up to let the receiver know, or test them at your home and see if they can last 3 weeks with out going bad.

Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014 info!   Secret Santa 2014 info! EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 3:24 pm

We're in!

Natural made in USA treats
Rope Toys
Very durable strong made toys
Frisbees
Antlers
Dislikes:
Soft plush toys with lots of stuffing and the round squeakers
Pig ears
Rawhides
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014 info!   Secret Santa 2014 info! EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 2:25 pm

i have 15 people signed up right now!

Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014 info!   Secret Santa 2014 info! EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 5:11 pm

Bourbon says he is in and says he has to share with Australian shepherd sissy Baylin!

Very durable strong made toys
Balls! Kong Squeezze or Chuck its or tenny balls those types
Natural treats
Water Buffalo Chew (horns) they love a section they got to try
Pig Ears
Himalayan Chews
treat dispensers
nylabones
water bottle toy

Please no:
Turkey or soybean we have allergies!
no overly stuffed toys with squeakers
no toys with appendages (arms, long googlies, they eat and swallow them)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2014 info!   Secret Santa 2014 info! Empty

Back to top Go down

Secret Santa 2014 info!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next