It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Grif's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nopholom
Newborn
Newborn
Nopholom

Male Join date : 2014-10-30

Grif's Scrapbook Empty
PostSubject: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 6:50 am

So I've decided I have to share Grif's pictures in bulk here, he's such a cute pup and I've got SO many pictures considering he's only 4 weeks old and not home with me yet hah, I'm going to be a bit selective about it though

Grif's Scrapbook Grif_510

Grif's Scrapbook Grif_110

Grif's Scrapbook Grif_111

Grif's Scrapbook Grif_210

This is one of my favourites because his little tongue is sticking out:
Grif's Scrapbook Grif_211

Giving sister Shylo a kiss:
Grif's Scrapbook Grif_212

This one was taken the day I went to meet him, a bit before I got there (I'd have gotten a photo of me and him but I was too busy giving him cuddles when I got there, and then meeting mum and the other adult dogs, who were all so friendly)
Grif's Scrapbook Grif_213

He wasn't happy about his photo shoot at all apparently, he kept throwing a very loud tantrum whenever he got moved back to the "set" after he'd wandered off
Grif's Scrapbook Grif_310

Grif's Scrapbook Grif_311

Grif's Scrapbook Grif_410

This was taken two days ago, he's growing up so fast bless him
Grif's Scrapbook Grif_411

These were done yesterday, his breeder had some friends and their children round and the girls loved Grif because he'd just cuddle up and fall asleep in anyone's lap, so not only is Grif one of the biggest of the litter, but he thinks he's a lap dog already:
Grif's Scrapbook Lapdog10Grif's Scrapbook Lapdog11

I can't wait to bring him home at Christmas~
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Grif's Scrapbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 12:46 pm

That's awesome the breeder sends you so many pictures. Hopefully it helps the time go by a little faster. He's growing so well.

Newborn
Newborn
Nopholom

Grif's Scrapbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 10:52 am

Yeah, she's really been sharing a lot of photos of all the pups. This is actually her first litter, she's got her kennel name and everything and is eagerly jumping through all the required hoops and making sure everything is perfect to get on her way to being a respectable breeder and rearing quality puppies. I've known her a while now and she's so dedicated to her girls and now the puppies, I'm really happy to be supporting her in this because I know she's got the dedication and the love and know how to really look after the breed.

She's let the little ones out into the garden for the first time today, keeping her other dogs in the run (her garden is huge even when it's split in half by a well kept dog run) and keeping an eye on any interactions that occur through the run. Her girls were curious but friendly, her youngest husky wanted to come out and play but she's a bit full on and it's a bit soon, but the puppies loved them and wanted to meet them haha.

Grif's Scrapbook Grif_412

Grif's Scrapbook Grif_413

Grif's Scrapbook Grif_414

Grif's Scrapbook Grif_415

Grif's Scrapbook Grif_416
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

Grif's Scrapbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 3:35 pm

Wow, I love Grif's mask so unusual. Wonderful pics, keep us posted, I'm so curious if his mask will change much as he grows.
Back to top Go down
Leighanna
Puppy
Puppy
Leighanna

Female Join date : 2014-09-22

Grif's Scrapbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 4:27 pm

He is so beautiful and adorable. Smile Like Renee said, his mask is really unusual, yet unique. Every Husky I've seen with a mask usually has the mask on both eyes, not just one. I hope it doesn't change too much, lol. I love it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nopholom
Newborn
Newborn
Nopholom

Grif's Scrapbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 5:51 pm

It really is an unusual mask, and in looking online I've only seen one husky with a similar mask, it really was a surprise too because I'd pretty much fallen in love with him before seeing his face haha

Grif's Scrapbook Group_11

This was the first picture I saw of him very shortly after he was born (half his siblings hadn't even been born yet) and I was drawn to him straight away and was like "That's my dog, I don't care what sex the dog is, that is mine," instant connection there. Fortunately he turned out to be male so I got to keep my initial name choice for him otherwise this'd be Jemima/Jem's scrapbook.
Back to top Go down
Nopholom
Newborn
Newborn
Nopholom

Grif's Scrapbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 8:20 am

Celebratory "he's five weeks old and can only just be held up like this" photo

Grif's Scrapbook Grif_417

I can't tell if he looks like his nose colour has run or if he looks like he's been chewing a biro, I love those little patches though.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Grif's Scrapbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 12:09 pm

Woo, you're over half way to when you can bring him home.

Newborn
Newborn
Nopholom

Grif's Scrapbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 1:55 pm

Yep! This time in 3 weeks he's gonna be home with me! I'm so excited! And I'm only in work twice this week so I'm going to knuckle down and get to doing the final puppy proofing~
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

Grif's Scrapbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 10:40 pm

Awe...such a cutie!!
Can't wait to see him grow...im excited for you!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Nopholom
Newborn
Newborn
Nopholom

Grif's Scrapbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 1:32 pm

Grif's Scrapbook Grif_511

He's growing so much, I can't believe when I went to see the puppies he just rested on my arm and snoozed, it's going to be a bit of a shock when I go to pick him up haha, there's always a bit of difficulty telling how big they are from a photo.

Super excited to bring him home
Back to top Go down
Nopholom
Newborn
Newborn
Nopholom

Grif's Scrapbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 4:55 pm

I know I should probably horde these photos and then post them in clusters but I swear he grows up a bit more every time I look at him.

Grif's Scrapbook Grif_512

Grif's Scrapbook Grif_513
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

Grif's Scrapbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 5:20 pm

Wow, he has grown!! he's adorable
Back to top Go down
Nopholom
Newborn
Newborn
Nopholom

Grif's Scrapbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 8:31 am

Thank you! He sure is!

Just thought I'd share that even though he's not home yet, I'm already becoming one of "those" dog owners (the kind I really want to be):

Grif's Scrapbook Wp_20110

Got my Christmas cards ready to send haha~ I had to use that photo because of the colour and the fact that it's one of my favourite photos of him.

Grif's Scrapbook Group_12

He got woken up during nap time and wasn't happy about it by the looks of things
Back to top Go down
Nopholom
Newborn
Newborn
Nopholom

Grif's Scrapbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 3:34 pm

He's still proving to be a bit of a lap dog, which I'm excited about at the moment but might regret encouraging since it looks like he's going to be built like his dad

Grif's Scrapbook Grif_610

Grif's Scrapbook Grif_611

Grif's Scrapbook Grif_612

The above were taken today but I got a few garden pics a few days ago too

Grif's Scrapbook Grif_510

Grif's Scrapbook Grif_511

I also got send a photo of a puppy in his grandma's latest litter because she looks like him (though she's a pied, from the sounds the face markings are all she has), uniqueness runs in the family:

Grif's Scrapbook Aunt10

I can't believe there's less than two weeks left before I bring my boy home~
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Grif's Scrapbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 6:32 pm

They are opposites for the side their monocles are on. There are some fascinating markings coming out of pairings at this breeder. He's getting so big!

Puppy
Puppy
FirstAscent

Male Join date : 2014-07-28

Grif's Scrapbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 2:32 am

it's both sad and exciting how fast they grow! every day is something new and before you know it they are twice the size, then twice the size again, and again haha
have fun!
Back to top Go down
Nopholom
Newborn
Newborn
Nopholom

Grif's Scrapbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 3:09 pm

I'm just excited to get him home soon, he can grow all he wants then, though I'm sure I'll miss him being smaller sometimes too. I still can't believe how small he was when I went to meet him, he was only 2 and a half weeks old so he just cuddled up and fell asleep in my arms and had a bit of a grumble, so seeing him in person in two weeks is going to be an absolute shock even seeing loads of photos.

Grif's Scrapbook Grif_710

Grif's Scrapbook Group_10
I love this one because it looks like the cover for their first album or something haha.

I have so many photos, I'd like to say it's going to calm down once I've got him but that's a lie, I promise I'll be really selective though, I just love him to bits already.
Back to top Go down
Nopholom
Newborn
Newborn
Nopholom

Grif's Scrapbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 2:46 pm

So due to the fact that I have no idea what I'm working Christmas week but know I'm not working 19th-21st we've been given the okay to take him home a day before he's 8 weeks old, that way I can get him all settled without having to leave his potential night time bathroom breaks to my family (I get up at 3:30 and leave the house at 4am when I'm working). So he's coming home on Friday instead of the Sunday we'd planned!

This clearly isn't a picture of Grif himself but it IS something for him (obviously not for me haha)

Grif's Scrapbook Collar10

I got a collar and lead set early mostly because I'd like to get him to adapt to it in the house and garden (plus it means if he can't hold his bladder in the night, I won't be chasing him around the garden on potty breaks), it also means that I'll be able to gauge whether a harness would be better suited to him and can get one before he's ready to go for walks.

It's a semi-slip (in case that's not clear) and I just want to point out that I'm not going to be using that slip (or any future collar/lead sets) to do any yanking or quick-pull correcting, and if I do have to hold his collar to stop him if he decides to try and get at something, I know to hold to the side and not hold him back.

Though for the sake of this being Grif's scrapbook, here's an older picture that's one of my favourites (and also a better quality version of the one I used for my christmas cards)

Grif's Scrapbook Grif_310
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

Grif's Scrapbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 2:19 am

Oh my goodness......I love your updates. I may be almost excited as you are!!!!! We used a leash for night time potty breaks too, not the slip type, but it seems you understand that type. More than likely a harness will be needed. I think though, for the mean time, you should be fine, since he'll be small enough that you can pick him up.......Less than a week for you. Thanks for sharing this wonderful scrapbook of Grif!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nopholom
Newborn
Newborn
Nopholom

Grif's Scrapbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 8:52 am

A lot of my friends are excited for me getting him too, I think it was a "if we can't beat him, join him," thing because I don't shut up about getting a dog haha. SO excited

Yeah I was probably going to be getting a harness too, though the semi-slip collar would still come in handy (with it being semi it stops itself from getting too tight) as something for his ID tag to be on. My breeder tends to use these collars for ID and head collars for her two pullers, as the harnesses made her girls pull more.
I'm happy to trial different types of walking equipment for him though, it's a learning experience and as long as I find what is best for keeping him safe and in hand, I'll be happy. He may take to a collar and learn to heel happily, won't know until I try haha.
Back to top Go down
Nopholom
Newborn
Newborn
Nopholom

Grif's Scrapbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 11:31 am

Grif's Scrapbook 07110

Grif's Scrapbook 07510

Grif's Scrapbook 07310

He's looking a bit worried today, I think he knows he's finally going to the vets for his first shot. (I love the second one, he looks like a terrified egg.)

Man I can't wait til Friday.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Grif's Scrapbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 12:17 pm

He's just so darn cute, even when he does have the look of a terrified egg. lol. Hopefully they will make the vet a not too terrifying experience for him so that he won't be too nervous of vets in the future. My girl won't even walk through the door at the vet's anymore on her own. She hates it.

Newborn
Newborn
Nopholom

Grif's Scrapbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 12:30 pm

He'll have his littermates with him so hopefully he'll not have too stressful a time there, besides I've booked him in to be registered and given his second jab and probably microchip too in the new year (the only reason he wouldn't get it then is if they've deemed him not big enough, but I doubt they will), so I'll just make sure to associate my vet clinic with nice things, I might get a different/singular type of treat that's only for after vet visits and longer car rides and other Big Deal things I think. I think that's one of the good things about the breeder having a different vet to me (obviously, because I don't fancy driving 60 miles every time he needs a check up), it'll likely be quite different in look and possibly dog-level smell as well, so he may not associate it as easily if he doesn't have fun at this jab.

He's got a few "extra" littermates too, some Agouti and white boys that have just joined the family:

Grif's Scrapbook Group_11

Edit: Just heard back from the breeder, he weighed in at 3.1kg today at the vets, they're very happy with how healthy he is, no problems with him, and he took his first needle like a champ, no yelping, didn't mind being poked and prodded. He's very laid back for a puppy that apparently very vocally demands cuddles from visitors.

Last edited by Nopholom on Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update on news but not pictures.)
Back to top Go down
Nopholom
Newborn
Newborn
Nopholom

Grif's Scrapbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 3:10 pm

Grif's Scrapbook 07710

Just a picture of Grif and his brother Nero (Nero may be hogging the camera but he's not getting the fusses), he's coming home soon and I'm getting a little bit anxious haha. I know I'm as prepared as I'm ever gonna get, but you know sometimes you can't help feeling like you're missing something leading up to what you'll need it for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grif's Scrapbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif's Scrapbook Empty

Back to top Go down

Grif's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next