It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Guidelines and Rules

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Guidelines and Rules Empty
PostSubject: Guidelines and Rules   Guidelines and Rules EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 2:19 pm

So, thanks to Kristina (Arooroomom), we have a great new idea based off of Flic.kr's 52 Weeks for Dogs. I think we can be a LITTLE more relaxed, but let's really try to keep this as clean and professional as possible!

Here's the guidelines from the original site:
Quote :
Since most of us here probably already take plenty of photos of our dog(s) on a weekly basis, the goal of joining 52 Weeks for Dogs should be to create that one photo each week of your chosen dog that either stands out, signifies something special in your dog's week, or is a unique approach from your other photos of your best friend. Push the limits a little, do something different, be creative, challenge yourself.

Obviously, it should go without saying but i must: ONE photo per week of your chosen dog taken in the CURRENT week. one dog per person. the group's week is defined as Monday 12 a.m to Sunday midnight your time (and we know where you live!) if you miss a week, sorry, there is NO playing catchup.

NEW photos should be taken each week; don't rely on archives. Photos not dated in the current week will be deleted. Do NOT post a photo taken last Friday on Monday. Sorry, it just doesn't work ... it makes the group FAR too difficult to moderate and your photo might be deleted as being from last week.

Check your camera's date. This is a date-sensitive group.

Absolutely NO CATCH UP. If you miss a week, you can't post back-dated images. Sorry. Again, this 52 Weeks group doesn't work that way. However, this should NOT stop you from putting a photo in your own personal 52 Weeks set in your photo stream so that your set is complete at the end of the year.

IMPORTANT: NO SWAPPING !! Once you post your weekly photo, that's it. You CANNOT swap it out for another if you happen to take a better photo later in the week. Trust me, we've all been there ... it's just not fair to those of us who make great efforts to comment on most of the weekly photos. ... besides, the point of the group is to deliberately and consciously shoot that one photo per week for submission, not merely choose your best shot of the week.

Also, a lot of us here are purists ... if you can't stick with the project, you will be removed. This pool is for full 'projects' only.

And remember, we're after more than just quick snaps ... let's push those boundaries, examine new sides of our best friend, see things in them that perhaps we hadn't seen before, or perhaps try new shooting methods we hadn't ... whatever. The idea is to have fun and be creative ... every week.

Now... I won't be THAT strict about deleting posts. However, what I can do is lock members' threads who start out but stop.

Here are my addenda and rules and we can use this thread to discuss them. Ultimately, myself and the moderators will make the final decisions:

1. Please don't start unless you plan to continue. I'd like to keep this as neat and clean as possible. I will give you a 2 week grace period. If you cannot post or catch up your pictures by then, I will lock your thread and it will only be reopened with a written PM to me with the dated pictures attatched proving you've just been unable to post.

2. If you will be away and know there will be a delay in your posting, please notify the group (via a post in your thread) ahead of time with the length of time you will be gone. I will give you the 2 week grace period starting when you return. If you cannot post pictures by that time, I will lock your thread.

That's all I have so far... let's discuss! I will post final rules when we have them decided!

Guidelines and Rules Hailey10

Last edited by Koda on Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CoffeeK8
Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

Female Join date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines and Rules   Guidelines and Rules EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 2:23 pm

Very Happy Looks good to me! :-) ...now I just need to figure out how to post here from Flickr. Wink
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines and Rules   Guidelines and Rules EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 2:24 pm

CoffeeK8 wrote:
Very Happy Looks good to me! :-) ...now I just need to figure out how to post here from Flickr. Wink
Click on the photo. When the little box pops up, click on 640px. On that photo, right click on the photo and go to "View Page Source." There will be a http://...jpg address in that box ending in .jpg. Copy that whole link and post it in our image tags Smile

Back to top Go down
CoffeeK8
Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines and Rules   Guidelines and Rules EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 2:30 pm

Awesome - thanks! They don't like to make it easy for ya, do they?
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines and Rules   Guidelines and Rules EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 2:37 pm

No, Flickr does not Razz Photobucket is a bit more user friendly in that way. I just use the uploader on this site though. It's super easy for just uploading a couple of photos. Not as easy for uploading multiple photos though. They all have their drawbacks Smile

Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines and Rules   Guidelines and Rules EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 2:59 pm

I'm glad we're going to try this as a whole forum! Yay pictures! Overall, my experience of Flickr is a lot better than with photobucket. Photobucket is much more "user friendly" but the ads (and they're video as on top of that!) drive me nuts and bog down the entire site.

And for sharing photos: when you upload a photo to Flickr, there will be a box that says "Share This" click that, then the link that says "Grab the HTML/BBCode," adjust the size (I like 640) and choose BBCode.

Voila!
Guidelines and Rules 5310558148_51f9bf952a_z
So close...! by HuskyMum, on Flickr

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines and Rules   Guidelines and Rules EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 3:47 pm

arooroomom wrote:
I'm glad we're going to try this as a whole forum! Yay pictures! Overall, my experience of Flickr is a lot better than with photobucket. Photobucket is much more "user friendly" but the ads (and they're video as on top of that!) drive me nuts and bog down the entire site.

And for sharing photos: when you upload a photo to Flickr, there will be a box that says "Share This" click that, then the link that says "Grab the HTML/BBCode," adjust the size (I like 640) and choose BBCode.

Voila!
Guidelines and Rules 5310558148_51f9bf952a_z
So close...! by HuskyMum, on Flickr

Ah-ha! There you go Smile I don't use Flickr, so I didn't even see that link at the top Razz

And yeah- I don't like photobucket for that reason either. I don't really use any like I said Smile

Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines and Rules   Guidelines and Rules EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 4:48 pm

Maybe I'm just daft but I don't get it. Does each person have their own thread or it is one thread for all participants? Are people supposed to comment on everyone's photos? I don't think this is something for me, I have absolutely no photo talent whatsoever. Neutral What's the point exactly? Is it your best/most interesting/most unique shot of the week? Forgive my ignorance. Embarassed

Edited to ask: Is this a contest of some sort?

Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines and Rules   Guidelines and Rules EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 4:58 pm

Well, for me, it's not a contest. It's an external reason/motivation to get behind my camera and make an effort to improve my photography skills by documenting 52 weeks in the life of my dog. Wink Either tonight or tomorrow, I'll start my own thread and start posting photos - you're welcome to comment on them, either here or on Flickr, as I am always looking for constructive criticism so I can continue to improve.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines and Rules   Guidelines and Rules EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 5:00 pm

Erm, i'm not sure of the logistics... But I think it's more for fun and personal growth than anything else. I'm going to do it and wanted to share with everyone so maybe everyone else could join in too!

Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines and Rules   Guidelines and Rules EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 5:06 pm

Sounds like a photographer/aspiring photographer challenge, no? In that case I don't stand a chance. Razz I think I'm better off enjoying the fruits of others' labor.

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines and Rules   Guidelines and Rules EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 5:14 pm

CoffeeK8 wrote:
Well, for me, it's not a contest. It's an external reason/motivation to get behind my camera and make an effort to improve my photography skills by documenting 52 weeks in the life of my dog. Wink Either tonight or tomorrow, I'll start my own thread and start posting photos - you're welcome to comment on them, either here or on Flickr, as I am always looking for constructive criticism so I can continue to improve.
Exactly Smile

No contest, just for fun if you want to do it, but we'd like to keep it organized is all Smile I think it's more for the photographically inclined who like to play with their cameras a little more and take some challenging/artistic shots.

Val- I don't think I'm going to participate either, but I'd love to see what the more artistic people can do.

I think the original intent on Flickr was to have everyone submit to the same place, but since we're a forum, I think it makes more sense to submit to individual threads for each dog. It's like a scrapbook, but a bit more structured, which is why it has its own sub-forum Smile

Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines and Rules   Guidelines and Rules EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 8:26 pm

Ooh. If we're talking about getting all technical and critical I'm in. So for me it would be one thread for all of my dogs with one picture a week? Still a little lost over here...
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines and Rules   Guidelines and Rules EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 9:16 pm

The idea is that technically you choose one dog period. You want to see how they grow over the year, so multiple dogs doesn't work.

However, if you want to take and submit one picture for each dog every week, I'm not going to stop you. Since you spend almost every waking minute with your dogs (like I do Smile ), I imagine that won't be too hard. Just try to keep it organized... so submit the pictures in the same order every week, etc. I don't want to make you do 4 different threads Razz

Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines and Rules   Guidelines and Rules EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 9:42 pm

I think I'm going to try this with Zoey as it'd be fun to watch her grow since she's young Smile
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines and Rules   Guidelines and Rules EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 9:49 pm

This definitely sounds like it would be much more fun with a puppy. lol I think I'm just going to enjoy everyone else's handiwork. Very Happy

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines and Rules   Guidelines and Rules EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 10:02 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
This definitely sounds like it would be much more fun with a puppy. lol I think I'm just going to enjoy everyone else's handiwork. Very Happy
Same here! I might start out doing it, but I know I wouldn't finish, so I would just rather enjoy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines and Rules   Guidelines and Rules EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 9:10 pm

I'll try it with Kody!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines and Rules   Guidelines and Rules EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 5:20 pm

I have been super busy and didn't see this.. so I am still OK to post as long as I post by midnight tomorow right?
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines and Rules   Guidelines and Rules EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 5:41 pm

Yeah we're not going to disqualify you Heather lol

Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines and Rules   Guidelines and Rules EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 5:41 pm

I think you can post whenever really, just as long as the picture is within the week? I don't expect we're going to be super strict about what's going on.
Back to top Go down
myndsplyntur
Puppy
Puppy
myndsplyntur

Female Join date : 2009-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines and Rules   Guidelines and Rules EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 5:40 pm

Ooooh this looks fun! I only have a camera phone, so I can't date stamp it... but I might be able to start this next week when Roxy gets to check out her first fenced in backyard (with us anyway, who knows what she had before we adopted her...)
Back to top Go down
hmhershey
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: To late?   Guidelines and Rules EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 2:01 am

Is it too late to start? I wanna do it espcially since Akira is a pup
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines and Rules   Guidelines and Rules EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 8:13 am

hmhershey wrote:
Is it too late to start? I wanna do it espcially since Akira is a pup

Jump right in I think this is about week 24.

With Akira being a pup you'll really appreciate the growth she/he has in its first year with a photo journal.
Back to top Go down
CrazyDogs
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2011-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines and Rules   Guidelines and Rules EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 1:29 am

So if I decide to start today do I start from week 1 or do I start at whatever week the majority is at?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines and Rules   Guidelines and Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

Guidelines and Rules

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next