It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Pissed ay me after being spayed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cosmothunder
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2014-10-10

Pissed ay me after being spayed Empty
PostSubject: Pissed ay me after being spayed   Pissed ay me after being spayed EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 11:19 pm

Bandit is really pissed off at me. She won't look at me. She ducks when I try to pet her. Lol it's kind of funny honestly. Anyone else have thay problem. She is moping around all sad and shit
Back to top Go down
HuskyLovers
Teenager
Teenager
HuskyLovers

Female Join date : 2014-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Pissed ay me after being spayed   Pissed ay me after being spayed EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 1:08 am

LOL, women! What are ya gonna do? Wink
Back to top Go down
cosmothunder
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Pissed ay me after being spayed   Pissed ay me after being spayed EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 1:10 am

Right! She is so dramatic but now that's it's late she wants to snuggle. She does all sneaky Too, starts far away then slowly moving closer hahahhahahah this girl idek anymore
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Pissed ay me after being spayed   Pissed ay me after being spayed EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 1:52 pm

I don't think she's pissed at you because she no longer has some of her lady-parts ... maybe because you made her go through the procedure, haha. Once she's healed she'll probably be back to normal.
Back to top Go down
cosmothunder
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Pissed ay me after being spayed   Pissed ay me after being spayed EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 1:54 pm

Yeah I know she'll get over it. It's just funny cause of the way she looks at me
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Pissed ay me after being spayed   Pissed ay me after being spayed EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 1:56 pm

capellalayla wrote:
I don't think she's pissed at you because she no longer has some of her lady-parts ... maybe because you made her go through the procedure, haha. Once she's healed she'll probably be back to normal.

Totally agree...after I was "fixed", the nurses wanted me to sit up in a chair for breakfast. Talk about "pissed". I was "PISSED"!!! But I calmed down and so should she.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Pissed ay me after being spayed   Pissed ay me after being spayed EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 2:11 pm

Anesthesia makes them wonky too. Diz cried and cried like the life was slowly draining out of him through his vocal chords. Oh my gosh it was so pathetic!
Back to top Go down
cosmothunder
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Pissed ay me after being spayed   Pissed ay me after being spayed EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 2:28 pm

She just mopes around and eats really slowly. Sldribks slowly. Won't play with toys just sits there haha it's like she's on death row and has no will to live
Back to top Go down
cosmothunder
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Pissed ay me after being spayed   Pissed ay me after being spayed EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 3:20 pm

So I keep catching her licking her stitches. When I pull her away she is starting to get pissed for real. First few times she accepted it now she just shows teeth like crazy at me. Should I just ignore that she is mad and not let it affect me. I know I should feel like she hates me She just wants to lick it that's all
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Pissed ay me after being spayed   Pissed ay me after being spayed EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 4:03 pm

She isn't mad, she is probably just uncomfortable and maybe in a bit of pain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
cosmothunder
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Pissed ay me after being spayed   Pissed ay me after being spayed EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 4:05 pm

Oooo I never thought of that. She keeps liking herself, not the stitches just her lady parts. Is that okay?
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Pissed ay me after being spayed   Pissed ay me after being spayed EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 4:12 pm

Is it okay for your dog to lick her genitals? Yes.

It could be any number of things. Reactions to the surgery meds, yeast infection, urinary tract infections, general irritation or nerves. It is impossible to guess accurately.

Is her vagina swollen or red at all? Abnormally colored or textured?
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Pissed ay me after being spayed   Pissed ay me after being spayed EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 4:14 pm

She just had surgery and it is common to have some sort of reaction to some aspect of it. If you have any thought at all that it is something medical related just call your vet for a phone consultation, and be specific with the details.
Back to top Go down
cosmothunder
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Pissed ay me after being spayed   Pissed ay me after being spayed EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 1:43 am

Another question. She is moping around a lot with this come. She looks pathetic, even more than when I first brought her home. She looks so sad. I think she really hates the cone
Back to top Go down
HuskyLovers
Teenager
Teenager
HuskyLovers

PostSubject: Re: Pissed ay me after being spayed   Pissed ay me after being spayed EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 6:38 pm

Ahh, the cone of shame. They really hate that thing. However, it is sometimes a necessity and this sounds like one of those times. Hang in there. You'll be past this point soon and things will slowly improve. You -- and Bandit -- just need to be patient and tough it out. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
HuskyLovers
Teenager
Teenager
HuskyLovers

PostSubject: Re: Pissed ay me after being spayed   Pissed ay me after being spayed EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 6:40 pm

Oh, haha, I just noticed that was posted a few days ago. I hope things are going better by now?
Back to top Go down
cosmothunder
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Pissed ay me after being spayed   Pissed ay me after being spayed EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 6:42 pm

Yes she back to her usual self. Just not letting her run just yet, been 4 days and I'm scared of stitches opening up
Back to top Go down
HuskyLovers
Teenager
Teenager
HuskyLovers

PostSubject: Re: Pissed ay me after being spayed   Pissed ay me after being spayed EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 6:53 pm

Glad to hear she is back to herself again. Yeah, now the dreaded wait to run again. I bet you'll be happy when this is all over and done with!
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Pissed ay me after being spayed   Pissed ay me after being spayed EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 9:01 pm

Best to wait at least 10 days, or until the stitches are off, before letting her run and jump again. It can be tough, but try mental stimulation. That will tire her out sometimes as fast as running around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pissed ay me after being spayed   Pissed ay me after being spayed Empty

Back to top Go down

Pissed ay me after being spayed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1