It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Concerning HOTM

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

Concerning HOTM - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concerning HOTM   Concerning HOTM - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 7:25 pm

I think the demerits is a good idea. I think 6 is a little much, but I also think all this hullabaloo over HOTM is a little silly.

Dietra-the only issue I see with your suggestion is in thinking about the calender. I love the calender (regardless of if my dog is in it or not) and would like to see it continue. I think just one picture per month wouldn't be as fun. And that's also why the themes are good so that they relatively match up to the month the photos will end up representing.
Back to top Go down
Danzig's Mommy
Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

Female Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Concerning HOTM   Concerning HOTM - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 7:27 pm

I did think about that as well but my Xterra forum does a calendar with the winners too and I don't really see an issue with it. You just have to make the pic bigger within the layout. I'm just throwing it out there, I know some people like to see more than just one fur baby and that's totally fine.
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Concerning HOTM   Concerning HOTM - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 10:58 pm

I like the demerits setup, thought 6 was a little high also. Ps also did not realize you were not allowed to vote for your pup. I votes for B a couple times over the past two years cause I thought they were good. Most were a tie that was close but still not close enough. Oh well still got the calendaer even if he was not in ln this year. But I also know I was a little byay for some posts and votes too. Win some lose some but understand that we dont want the same dogs over and over either.

jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Concerning HOTM   Concerning HOTM - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 6:26 pm

Leave It As It Is.

Reiterate "NO VOTING FOR YOUR OWN DOG."

You guys are way too serious for something that is supposed to be fun.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Concerning HOTM   Concerning HOTM - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 6:30 pm

Fully agreed.

But, at the same time, some folk called for more seriousness in light of their gripes and it is good that the administration is responding.

I feel very turned off by the whole thing now, but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Concerning HOTM   Concerning HOTM - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 6:48 pm

seattlesibe wrote:
Fully agreed.

But, at the same time, some folk called for more seriousness in light of their gripes and it is good that the administration is responding.  

Aw, shoot - isn't there a "ditto" emoticon???

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Concerning HOTM   Concerning HOTM - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 10:18 pm

jalepeno wrote:
Leave It As It Is.

Reiterate "NO VOTING FOR YOUR OWN DOG."

I agree with this. Since so many people didnt know they shouldnt vote for their own dog, maybe the statement on the actual voting page each month. That way, as new members become eligible to participate, they too will know.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Concerning HOTM   Concerning HOTM - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 3:52 am

aljones wrote:

seattlesibe wrote:
Fully agreed.

Aw, shoot - isn't there a "ditto" emoticon???

Yup... need a ditto emoticon

I like it just the way it is. And yes, I am guilty of once voting for my own dog. Did not know that it was verboten confused
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concerning HOTM   Concerning HOTM - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Concerning HOTM

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2