It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

eating tail

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AnyaLuv
Teenager
Teenager
AnyaLuv

eating tail - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: eating tail   eating tail - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 3:13 pm

I highly recommend the second link--Nancy Fitzgerald is a wonderful trainer in Delaware and should be able to help immensely.

I'd also recommend Joe Goch: https://www.facebook.com/OffLeashK9TrainingPhiladelphia

He's who we worked with for Anya-he'll come to your home.
Back to top Go down
http://www.siberiansamoyed.com
cosmothunder
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2014-10-10

PostSubject: Re: eating tail   eating tail - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 3:16 pm

I'll look into them. First I am going to get a different opinion from another vet before I call one of them. I just feel like a failure if I have to call someone in to help... Ya know. It's a dog it shouldn't be this hard ughhhhhh
Back to top Go down
AnyaLuv
Teenager
Teenager
AnyaLuv

PostSubject: Re: eating tail   eating tail - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 3:19 pm

Are you a professional dog trainer? Behaviorist? No? Then you need help.

Just like you wouldn't depend on yourself and the internet for a cancer diagnosis, you are in over your head and shouldn't be looking to handle this on your own.

I mean this lovingly and gently, really. We all have had the moment where we were overwhelmed by our dogs--the important thing is to get help as early on as possible so you can start really enjoying life with your pet!
Back to top Go down
http://www.siberiansamoyed.com
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: eating tail   eating tail - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 3:49 pm

Don't feel like a failure Tony. Being a failure is by failing to call and get the support and help you and Bandit need. You chose, imho, the most beautiful dog breed in the world, but by doing so, you also picked one of the most intelligent, yet most difficult dog for a first time owner to have. It is not failure to ask for help, on the contrary. I can assure you if you call and get the help you two need, many of us here will applaud you and congratulate you, since I know many of us have been here to help you the several months you've been on the forum. I mentioned this before, but I will mention again, the longer you wait to get the help you need, the more difficult Bandit will be to correct her behaviors.
Back to top Go down
cosmothunder
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: eating tail   eating tail - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 10:37 pm

I have a appt with a different vet tomorrow. We will see how it goes and see what is determined. Oh boy im nervous to find out
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: eating tail   eating tail - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 11:09 am

Jimmy - if the vet rules out anything medical, I wonder if she is plain too much by herself with your work schedule - while you wait for training to take hold, you might try putting her in day care a few days a week. Or, I saw your video at your parents - are they able to doggy sit a bit so she has some company?
Back to top Go down
cosmothunder
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: eating tail   eating tail - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 11:58 am

Vet said start with a different flea med. Didn't see any mites, fleas on her coat but May have been bitten before and it is driving her nutts. She said "I don't want to jump to behavioral without looking at the easier diagnosed options" not word for word but you get the idea. I feel a little more confident with her than I do the original Vet I was taking her too. Time will tell
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: eating tail   eating tail - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 1:45 pm

That sounds much better than automatic Benedryl.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
cosmothunder
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: eating tail   eating tail - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 1:52 pm

RIGHT!!!! I think I'm done with the other place. My visit was for about an hr instead of 10mins
Back to top Go down
cosmothunder
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: eating tail   eating tail - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:39 pm

FINALLY!!! got it on video of her biting her tail.... for 2 seconds lol all this time recording. At least a dozen times and when she finally does it she bits for two seconds. She was laying down sleeping... then woke up... bit her tail a bit.... then her leg for a second then back to sleep ugh! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: eating tail   eating tail - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

eating tail

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2