It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Eating things in the crate

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cosmothunder
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2014-10-10

eating - Eating things in the crate Empty
PostSubject: Eating things in the crate   eating - Eating things in the crate EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 3:59 am

So I set up my go pro. Left 5 toys in the crate including a kong dispensing treat. And a blanket. I wanted to see what she would do. Went for the treats then started destroying the blanket. Then passed out. Woke up a few times abd reposition herherself then back to sleep.

Before I put her in the crate it was 8pm and she hadn't really slept all day. She was literally sleeping for about 30mins before I put her in there. Maybe destroying things is her anxiety of me leaving?
Back to top Go down
cosmothunder
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2014-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Eating things in the crate   eating - Eating things in the crate EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 1:46 pm

As expected she threw up most of it. She tried to eat it when she threw it up lol ugh this girl
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Eating things in the crate   eating - Eating things in the crate EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 1:51 pm

That's why I never leave anything in the crate. As humans, we feel like they have to have a bed or a blanket to be "comfortable" but they really don't. The risk of eating something and causing an obstruction isn't worth satisfying our human comfort need.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Eating things in the crate   eating - Eating things in the crate EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 2:20 pm

Well that answers the question, no more blankets. She'd be fine with nothing.

Primo Pads are indestructible, in my experience with them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
Barczewska
Puppy
Puppy
Barczewska

Female Join date : 2014-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Eating things in the crate   eating - Eating things in the crate EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 4:43 pm

My boys have nothing when we are not home. Only their frozen Kongs. I had to even get rid of the plastic trays in their crates. Sinatra is not crated anymore (he is claustrophobic), but when he was, he ended up breaking the trays. Then a couple weeks ago, Kesler realized that biting the tray, lifting it up and letting go while he was standing on it makes a great loud noise. So no tray for him Razz

I'd keep the Kong and thats it. Less is more. They really only need something for the first 15 minutes then they fall asleep unless they get overstimulated
Back to top Go down
RachelNala1694
Adult
Adult
RachelNala1694

Male Join date : 2013-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Eating things in the crate   eating - Eating things in the crate EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 4:46 pm

I have nothing in Oakley's cage i couldnt even if i wanted too he has too many accidents in the cage ugh!
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Eating things in the crate   eating - Eating things in the crate EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 5:07 pm

Stuff to chew just creates excitement and stimulation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
Barczewska
Puppy
Puppy
Barczewska

Female Join date : 2014-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Eating things in the crate   eating - Eating things in the crate EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 5:11 pm

^^

Agreed for sure. The only reason I have the frozen Kongs is to keep them distracted while I leave because of Sinatra's anxiety. The finish them in the first 15 mins, play with them a bit then fall asleep
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Eating things in the crate   eating - Eating things in the crate EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 5:29 pm

I used to leave toys for Mishka until one day I came home and he had destroyed 3 of them. I took everything out.

Now that he's older and sleeps the entire time in his crate, he does get a blanket to lay on.

Leighanna
Puppy
Puppy
Leighanna

Female Join date : 2014-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Eating things in the crate   eating - Eating things in the crate EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 6:00 pm

Barczewska wrote:
My boys have nothing when we are not home. Only their frozen Kongs. I had to even get rid of the plastic trays in their crates. Sinatra is not crated anymore (he is claustrophobic), but when he was, he ended up breaking the trays. Then a couple weeks ago, Kesler realized that biting the tray, lifting it up and letting go while he was standing on it makes a great loud noise. So no tray for him Razz

I'd keep the Kong and thats it. Less is more. They really only need something for the first 15 minutes then they fall asleep unless they get overstimulated

Coco does that loud noise with her tray too, so I've had to take it out when I leave the house everyday. I put it back in when I'm there or when I'm sleeping.

I also can't leave anything in the crate with her, because she'll tear it up and end up eating it, which is annoying and worrisome. She does fine without anything, usually ends up sleeping most of the time.
Back to top Go down
lepp1892
Teenager
Teenager
lepp1892

Male Join date : 2014-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Eating things in the crate   eating - Eating things in the crate EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 5:31 pm

The only thing Gabby gets in her crate is a crate mat/pad. she was wearing the hair off her elbows from being in there so we had to get one of those. She really didn't like that being in there the first couple days she had it though. We did let her have toys in there when she was a puppy but she never really played with them in there anyway. Now if we put toys in her crate she takes them out. She doesn't like her den cluttered with toys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eating things in the crate   eating - Eating things in the crate Empty

Back to top Go down

Eating things in the crate

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1