It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Celebrity Huskies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

Celebrity Huskies Empty
PostSubject: Celebrity Huskies   Celebrity Huskies EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 9:38 pm

I'm watching "The Talk" and Leah Remini just showed a picture of her Husky and I got all excited! I wanted to email her to tell her I have Huskies too! Yes, I'm a dork and yes, I know I can't email her and tell her...but I thought that was cool that she has a husky. Then I started wondering what other celebrities have huskies. Anyone know?
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

Celebrity Huskies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Huskies   Celebrity Huskies EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 10:01 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

Celebrity Huskies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Huskies   Celebrity Huskies EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 10:26 pm

You don't want to know how much Googling I just did. Talk about being out of the loop, I'm embarrassed.
Back to top Go down
Lokipaws
Puppy
Puppy
Lokipaws

Female Join date : 2010-12-27

Celebrity Huskies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Huskies   Celebrity Huskies EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 10:39 pm

If it makes you feel better I didn't know who she was either.... O_o I've seen a lot of pages about famous pit bull owners and famous pug owners but I haven't ever looked up huskies!

I do know that will smith owns a rottweiler and Billy Joel owns a pug! LOL!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Celebrity Huskies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Huskies   Celebrity Huskies EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 11:50 pm

LOL!! Sorry, I probably should have said the King of Queens lady. Laughing I googled too and couldn't find anyone. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

Celebrity Huskies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Huskies   Celebrity Huskies EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 3:24 am

apparently gwen stefani and her family does Smile
Celebrity Huskies Full_gwen_stefani_26_wenn2697711-500x664
Back to top Go down
Lokipaws
Puppy
Puppy
Lokipaws

Celebrity Huskies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Huskies   Celebrity Huskies EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 4:13 am

I love Gwen Stefani and no doubt ^_^ I saw no doubt live with the sounds, paramore and it was awesome!
Back to top Go down
CoffeeK8
Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

Female Join date : 2010-10-28

Celebrity Huskies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Huskies   Celebrity Huskies EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 3:15 pm

http://floatingstars.wordpress.com/2009/08/28/paw-nation-korean-celebrities-and-their-pets/

Richard Gere might also have one. I think I read somewhere that Sarah Chalke (Dr. Eliot on Scrubs) has one, too.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

Celebrity Huskies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Huskies   Celebrity Huskies EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 3:29 pm

I must honestly say, as much as I love to see other people with huskies, the less "well-known" people that have huskies the better. I say that only because I hate to think that people would see a celebrity with a husky, think they are gorgeous perfect dogs and then go get one for the wrong reasons, from the wrong places, and so on.

Maybe it's because I'm scarred from the Paris Hilton nonsense with her disposable Chihuahua "accessory" Tinkerbell and how many people accessorized themselves with Chihuahuas because of her. Evil or Very Mad And don't think all those people imitating Paris take care of their chis properly or got them from good breeders. HA! If you only knew what I've seen on chihuahua forums over the years...if you only knew!

Sorry to be such a downer here, I just really would rather not see celebrities with huskies so there is never a husky craze leading to more BYBs and increased numbers in shelters and rescues. I don't wish that on any breed, especially my favorite breed of all, sibes.

Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

Celebrity Huskies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Huskies   Celebrity Huskies EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 4:17 pm

I definitely understand where you're coming from Val. I also honestly hate when they make children movies about Sibes, even if they're cute some of those spoiled kids get a husky for Christmas, and a year later it's sitting in a shelter
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Celebrity Huskies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Huskies   Celebrity Huskies EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 4:22 pm

I agree with you, Val. Very much so.

Found this on my minute lunch break on this safe mode computer (read: annoying computer):
http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/celebrities/hollywood/nick-lachey-picks-up-a-husky-pup-216081

Looks like Nick Lachey not only had one but promotes proper husky care and warns against them. Not bad for a celebrity Smile

Still think less is more though, like Val said Smile

Celebrity Huskies Hailey10
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Celebrity Huskies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Huskies   Celebrity Huskies EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:28 pm

A co-worker that works at a branch location emailed me one day becuase she heard I had a husky and she told me her and her boyfriend wanted to get one. The reason she told me she wanted one was becuase of the movie 8 Below. I will admit, I cringed, and then proceeded to tell her everything I could think of about the breed so she wouldn't think they would be just like the ones in the movie. They still have her to this day and she absolutely adores her little Zoe. I'm relieved it worked out for the best because I know it doesn't usually. But let's be honest here, everyone's love for a certain breed stems from somewhere. Mine is from seeing two huskies at the covered bridge festival when I was a kid. I don't think that is much differnt from seeing a celebrity having one or seeing one in a movie. No matter where or how I decided I loved Huskies, I still would have done my research before I went out and picked one up. In fact, I researched several breeds to make sure I truly wantd the SIberian Husky as my breed of choice. Sadly, we live in a world of impulse buying and animals are a part of that. I tell everyone I know to do the research no matter what you are thinking about buying, a car, house, a dog etc...

Back to top Go down
Lokipaws
Puppy
Puppy
Lokipaws

Celebrity Huskies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Huskies   Celebrity Huskies EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 7:24 am

Mindy that is a really great point! I grew up watching balto and seeing huskies in the park when I was younger which made me yearn from a husky! We never were in a good situation to get one till now! We did sooooooooo much research before we adopted Loki and it paid off because I know what to expect from him! I think people need to learn to research and not impulse and get a dog because its pretty. That is how most dogs get in the shelter, when that cute puppy becomes hell on 4 paws.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

Celebrity Huskies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Huskies   Celebrity Huskies EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 12:58 pm

26nikita wrote:
But let's be honest here, everyone's love for a certain breed stems from somewhere. Mine is from seeing two huskies at the covered bridge festival when I was a kid. I don't think that is much differnt from seeing a celebrity having one or seeing one in a movie.

You do have a valid point because all of us had to have fallen in love with the breed from exposure. However I will disagree with it being different from seeing them in a picture with a celeb or in a movie and seeing them in real life. The exposure is completely different. I saw movies with wolves and huskies when I was a child and I always admired them but that was never enough to make me want one someday. The turning point that made me realize that the sibe was the breed that I wanted one day was when I met a Siberian husky in person for the first time. I'd bet its pretty similar for a lot of us husky owners, you said it was when you saw them at a festival in person. Amber saw them at parks growing up. That is very different from seeing them with celebs and in movies in my opinion.

Seeing a pic of a husky only gives you what they look like, not a good reason for picking the breed. Seeing them in movies like Balto (a cartoon!), Iron Will, Eight Below, and Snow Dogs gives you a better look at them BUT then you are looking at trained dogs who are following direction and you are NOT getting the whole picture of the breed. Watching those movies, as a husky owner you KNOW there is so much chaos going on behind the scenes which people who don't know the breed won't pick up on. Now meeting a regular sibe on the street, in a kennel or rescue or the like is going to paint you a different picture. I fell in the love with the breed because I met a husky and got to experience them first hand, in person with all their crazy quirks and energy and NOT because I saw one in a picture or because a celeb had one or because I saw them in a movie.

Case in point, I grew up around Akitas so I know them well enough as a breed. I watched Hachiko and was blown away by how different they portrayed the Akita in Hachi from every other Akita I've known. Yeah the dog was gorgeous and I think all Akitas are gorgeous but if you get an Akita based on what you saw in that movie you're in for the ride of your life.

You just can't look at a dog and know it's the one for you based on appearance. I'd like to know, did anyone here on this forum ever decide 100% that the sibe was the breed for them without actually ever meeting one?

Senior
Senior

Celebrity Huskies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Huskies   Celebrity Huskies EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 9:30 pm

I didn't meet the huskys at the covered bridge festival. They were standing quietly next to their owner as we walked by and I couldn't get over their beauty. The image of them always stuck in my mind. When I finally thought getting a dog was in my near future, I went to the store and bought a book on the breed (no access to internet for me back then). So really, I never had any interaction with a husky before I got one. And let me tell you, what you read in a book is nothing like real life! I thought I was doing great by reading the book! I have never regretted my decision though and, I still have the book. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Celebrity Huskies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Huskies   Celebrity Huskies Empty

Back to top Go down

Celebrity Huskies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1