It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt   Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 1:47 am

What a happy boy, Congrats Ashleigh and Mishka!! I agree with Jimmy, the great entertainers, GO HUSKIES!!
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt   Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 8:47 am

amymeme wrote:
Way to go,  Mishka!  I hope you told them the hay rolling was just a husky thing lol!
Haha. I was too busy about to fall on the floor laughing myself. Everyone was talking about it so it was hilarious. XD

aljones wrote:
Looks like a few people and dogs were having fun.  Now, would you explain "Q" for those of us who might be dense?
Yep, like Amy said it's a qualifying point. For Instinct you only need one Q to get the RATI, Novice you need 3 Qs to get RATN title, Open is also 3 Qs to title, and so on and so fourth. Smile

Artic_Wind wrote:
Huskies are born entertainers aren't they Wink Glad you both had a good time Ashleigh! Can't wait to see the pics!
MiyasMomma wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:47 pm
What a happy boy, Congrats Ashleigh and Mishka!! I agree with Jimmy, the great entertainers, GO HUSKIES!!
Thank you guys! Next time we're doing the whole weekend which is exhausting but it will be worth it! I'm hoping it only takes a week or so to get the pictures and I'll be sure to share them. Smile

simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt   Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 9:08 am

So I got my pictures from the Barn Hunt! Photo credit goes to Karen McCrory and the Louisiana Boxer Rescue. Smile

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 BH31-sm_zps7ou3nbqe

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 BH32-sm_zpso4azu6mp

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 NOLA%20BH%206-13-2015%20221-sm_zpsg9d8cylp

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 NOLA%20BH%206-13-2015%20223-sm_zpszxomg9ms

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 BH33-sm_zpsnswafbht

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 BH34-sm_zpsfw6xnkef

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 BH35-sm_zpsy3ofvsll

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 NOLA%20BH%206-13-2015%20229-sm_zpsuiagujrs

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 BH36-sm_zps8mp38ic7

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 P19-sm_zpsxykkn7kz

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 P20-sm_zpsojx4t3op

TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt   Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 11:02 am

that is awesome. he looks like such a natural in his element.

Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt   Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 11:24 am

Wow, Ashleigh - I always thought of Mishka as a black and white. He's much more silvery in these pics.

He looks like such a pro...right up to the rollin' in the hay picture. Looks like a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt   Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 2:25 pm

He really does look like a natural Ashleigh, so relaxed! Love the last pic of you two together.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt   Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 4:00 pm

Ashleigh, great pics. Mishka looks so happy being a predator, lol(just kidding).....Seriously though so proud of you two!! And I agree with Amy he didn't look black and white in those pics, much more like a silver...
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt   Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 12:45 pm

We had our second BH trial this weekend. We were entered in all four trials...and came out with NO qualifying runs. Lol. We had a great time though. The first run we had, Mishka did awesome, he tunneled and climbed the bales, but for some reason could *not* find the rat. The second run he found the rat right as we ran out of time (and no tunnel). Second day, no problem finding the rats but would not tunnel. Laughing SO we just took a picture with the pretty background. Lol. I will have pictures from the photographer as soon as she gets them posted up. Smile

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 11225310

RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt   Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 3:14 pm

awesome picture lol. sound like you guys had so much fun.
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt   Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 11:41 am

Here are pictures from our second BH trial from September 19 & 20, 2015!

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 35_zpsvncnijoo

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 36_zpsvei72shh

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 37_zpsoeyfyfy7

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 38_zpsbpwnkumc

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 NOLA%20BH%209-2015%20145_zpssxfztyos

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 NOLA%20BH%209-2015%20147_zpshxarzjbc

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 NOLA%20BH%209-2015%20150_zps5finjbw7

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 NOLA%20BH%209-2015%20746_zpssdzfc7h2

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 NOLA%20BH%209-2015%20747_zpswduhdvqr

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 NOLA%20BH%209-2015%20748_zpsncvtmtcd

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 NOLA%20BH%209-2015%20749_zpsu00q7fsu

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 NOLA%20BH%209-2015%20750_zpsh6sb5zje

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 NOLA%20BH%209-2015%20751_zpsahm7nomg

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 NOLA%20BH%209-2015%20752_zpsbsqorjpd

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 NOLA%20BH%209-2015%20753_zpsogqtfkxs

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 NOLA%20BH%209-2015%20756_zpsjjszoyhg

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 NOLA%20BH%209-2015%20758_zpsq6ftqlhj

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 NOLA%20BH%20Sept.%202015%20179_zps9rrjfubx

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 NOLA%20BH%20Sept.%202015%20181_zpszodfrsby

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 NOLA%20BH%20Sept.%202015%20183_zpsi3oynyei

amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt   Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 11:59 am

Looks like Mishka is really getting the hang of it...judging from the holes in my lawn this week, Ami and Archer may enjoy this sport also Rolling Eyes

Mishka is so beautiful...I love his face!
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt   Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 12:29 pm

Thank you, Amy! He really loves going hunting for rats. Smile

Funny you say that, everyone thinks he's a malamute! Lol. I guess because he's a bigger husky than they're used to seeing and he doesn't have blue eyes. Rolling Eyes

Haha. They probably would! They have quite a few sibes that are doing well in the sport.

amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt   Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 12:41 pm

simplify wrote:
Thank you, Amy! He really loves going hunting for rats. Smile

Funny you say that, everyone thinks he's a malamute! Lol. I guess because he's a bigger husky than they're used to seeing and he doesn't have blue eyes. Rolling Eyes

Haha. They probably would! They have quite a few sibes that are doing well in the sport.

How big is Mishka? Ami is a big one, too - 73 pounds and 25"

The latest hole, in the middle of the yard is about 8" deep and a foot wide. At the bottom is clearly a small animal tunnel - I'm thinking chipmunk.
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt   Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 1:15 pm

Mishka is about 24.5" tall at the withers but he's only 60lbs.

mssuchy
Teenager
Teenager
mssuchy

Male Join date : 2014-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt   Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 1:22 pm

Looks like so much fun! Good job Mishka! Such an amazing coat.
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt   Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 2:57 pm

mssuchy wrote:
Looks like so much fun! Good job Mishka! Such an amazing coat.

He has a blast! And thank you. It helps that he had just gotten a bath a few days prior. Wink

amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt   Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 3:12 pm

simplify wrote:
Mishka is about 24.5" tall at the withers but he's only 60lbs.

Dunno how much all the fur weighs lol! do know that I though Ami was a bit chunky this summer. Cut back his food some, he is much more svelte but haven't weighed him since then...

but Mishka looks really good in the pics!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt   Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 2:09 pm

Great pics Ashleigh. Mishka looks so happy with his barn hunt adventures. Practice makes perfect, so I am hoping you 2 will continue with this activity.
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt   Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 10:29 pm

So we had our THIRD trial this past weekend in north Louisiana. It was a 5 hour drive and my GPS took me on winding, hilly back country roads. I was slightly ill. Thankfully the furry monster just slept in the back seat the entire time.

The trial was at a gorgeous farm. The weather was wonderful. It was nice a cold and windy. They had horses that Mishka wanted to eat but overall he was being a really good boy.

Friday when we got up to the farm we did two practice runs and got to do a little game where you find 4 rats in the ring in so many minutes. Well I was so shocked that Mishka went through a high level tunnel TWICE with no guidance, I forgot about worrying about the rats. Lol. I think we did manage to find 3 of them though.

Saturday morning was our first trial. He was so excited to go hunt. We FINALLY got our qualifying run. He managed to find the rat, climb, and tunnel. We even got third place. The third picture captures the moment we got our Q when he went through the tunnel. I was so overjoyed I almost cried. lol.

Anyway, here are the wonderful pictures thanks to the photography Karen McCrory and the Louisiana Boxer Rescue.

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 1_zpsjab9dps3

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 2_zpswo6onoq7

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 3_zpsi8dsbyao

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 4_zpsn8quaiq9

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 5_zpsp3ibzlbi

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 222_zpsu91uwpdv

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 223_zps5yhvv4v3

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 224_zpszwsmhtek

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 225_zpsfjauobms

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 226_zps5osx5nps

Haha. Amy, you're right about that. I look at it like I can control my dog's food so he doesn't get fat...though I wish someone would control my food. lol.

Renee, thank you so much! We are having a great time hunting rats. It's not even about placing or titling but about having fun doing it. You can just see how happy he is in the ring. We'll definitely continue with this sport as long as he's having fun. Smile

amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt   Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 11:46 pm

Wow - it really does look like he's having fun! Fun for you, too, I bet!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt   Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 3:52 pm

she looks so excited, very beautiful pictures, love his face in the last picture.

Last edited by RedFlashFire05 on Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed it lol)
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt   Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 3:58 pm

Thank you! We have a ton of fun. (P.S. Mishka's a boy. Razz)

I thought I had posted the pictures I took as well. I can't take any while we're hunting but here he is proud with his ribbons. Smile

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 12094827_10100358587400464_3740910834273343262_o_zpsqlw8gfzi

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 12068722_10100358588363534_314394521763386316_o_zpsotdfijsa

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 12039153_10100358587410444_6317010979647805068_o_zpsyelzqjal

simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt   Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 10:18 am

Well, we had our fourth and final barn hunt trial for the year this past weekend - December 11-13. We FINALLY managed to get our Novice title and move up to Open where we had 3 runs and didn't qualify in any because a certain little fluff butt decided he didn't want to tunnel anymore.

We had fun but unfortunately finances are getting the best of us and we will have to sit out a few months until we can afford another trial. We may do a lure coursing event in between but that depends on scheduling. We may even go back to obedience class and do a refresher in January. Who knows!

Anyway, here are some pictures from the trial courtesy of the photographer Karen McCrory and the Louisiana Boxer Rescue. The last two are the ones I took at the photobale. Smile

*Click on the thumbnails to see the bigger versions.

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 Th_1_zpsermmswca  Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 Th_2_zpsadvogyrs

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 Th_3_zpsk9kdpzju  Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 Th_4_zpshxr4mev5

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 Th_5_zpsdhyfwvrm  Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 Th_6_zpsi1bqufpl

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 Th_7_zpsr6mo6kvt   Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 Th_9_zpsf3esarlc

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 Th_10_zpsn0kizsyk  Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 Th_226_zpswvlz5ifo

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 Th_227_zpsgll5awen  Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 Th_228_zps85ql9s1s

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 Th_229_zpshatwvjtq  Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 Th_230_zpsly9vg2ax

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 Th_920793_10208178296921289_3335907470562931810_o_zpswxprswqy

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 IMG_1492_zps6rjptg7j

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 IMG_1494_zpsxa500tua
With his winnings!

amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt   Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 10:31 am

Congradulations Mishka and Ashleigh...you can tell Mishka I'm not keen on tunnels either lol!
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt   Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 2:37 pm

Thank you, Amy! Here are two videos from the trial as well. Smile

Mishka's Novice title run

Mishka's second Open run from Sunday morning

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt   Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mishka's Adventures in Barn Hunt

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next