It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Recall Information

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

Recall Information Empty
PostSubject: Recall Information   Recall Information EmptySat May 23, 2015 1:25 pm

It came as a surprise to me that DogFoodAdvisor has a page listing dog food recalls back through 2009.  I suppose it should not have been a surprise since I consult their web pages when a quesiton comes up regarding dog food.

Just to note, the last two recall notices are:

• May 15, 2015 OC Raw Dog Food
  • April 26, 2015 Nylabone Puppy

Last edited by aljones on Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:42 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Recall Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   Recall Information EmptyThu May 28, 2015 6:11 pm

On May 27, 2015, PetSmart announced that Himalayan Corporation of Mukilteo, Washington, is recalling specific lots of its Himalayan Ruff Roots All-Natural Dog Chews due to possible metal contamination.

To learn which products are affected, please visit the following link:
Himalayan Dog Chews Recall of May 2015

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Recall Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   Recall Information EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 12:37 pm

On June 19, 2015, The Boulder Dog Food Company of Boulder, Colorado, announced it is recalling a specific lot of its Chicken Sprinkles Food Enhancer because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella bacteria.

Boulder Dog Food Company Dog Food Recall of 2015

Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Recall Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   Recall Information EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 10:23 pm

July 2, 2015 — Boulder Dog Food Company of Boulder, Colorado, is voluntarily recalling a limited quantity of its Turkey Sprinkles food enhancer because it has the potential of being contaminated with Salmonella.

Boulder Dog Food Company Dog Food Recall of 2015 expanded.

Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Recall Information Empty
PostSubject: Recall Information - July 2, 2015 Stella and Chewy's   Recall Information EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 5:56 pm

July 2, 2015 — the Maryland Department of Agriculture has issued a "Stop-Sale" order on Stella and Chewy's Freeze Dried Chicken Patties dog food which has tested positive for Listeria bacteria.

Listeria is not only dangerous to dogs, it can also be deadly to small children, the elderly and those with an autoimmune disease.

Stella and Chewy’s Stop-Sale Order and Potential Dog Food Recall

-or-

The Maryland Depart of Agriculture Web Site

Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Recall Information Empty
PostSubject: Recall Information Stella and Chewy’s Dog Food Recall of 2015   Recall Information EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 6:58 pm

July 4, 2015 — Stella & Chewy’s of Oak Creek, Wisconsin, today announced it is voluntarily recalling a number of both frozen and freeze-dried products due to possible exposure to other foods contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes bacteria.

The number of products being recalled has increased significantly in this update.

Please be sure to visit the following link for the latest details:
Stella and Chewy's Dog Food Recall of 2015

Is anyone reading these or am I wasting my time copying from DogFoodAdvisor?

Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

Recall Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   Recall Information EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 7:39 pm

I'm reading it ...and I think it's awesome you are doing it for us
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

Recall Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   Recall Information EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 8:56 pm

Hey it's awesome that you do this, maybe there should be a "recall" section here on the forum.

I was thinking about getting some freeze dried stuff from Stella & Chewys since there was some special offer at a local pet store (Krisers) but good thing I didn't go for it. I got an email from that store about an hour ago so I was checking if you had posted about this here yet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

Recall Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   Recall Information EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 2:19 am

I agree with everyone else Al, thank you for doing this. I do go to dog food advisor and check out the recalls, but to be honest I probably only check it every couple of months, so yes please continue with these recalls.....
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Recall Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   Recall Information EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 10:11 am

(( laughing )) Okay, that's enough, I wasn't looking for "awesome", I'll continue to post them as they come up. I just wanted to see if anyone was reading them. Thanks for the comments.

Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Recall Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   Recall Information EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 6:15 pm

July 7, 2015, Carnivore Meat Company of Green Bay, Wisconsin, announced it is voluntarily recalling two batches of its Vital Essentials raw frozen dog food due to possible contamination with Listeria bacteria.

Listeria is not only dangerous to dogs, it can be deadly to small children, the elderly and those with autoimmune disorders.

The affected products were distributed in 12 U.S. states. (California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, New Mexico, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Vermont, Washington)

Vital Essentials Raw Dog Food Recall

Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Recall Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   Recall Information EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 9:24 pm

On July 10, 2015, NatPet LLC of Boulder, Colorado, announced it was voluntarily recalling select lots of its I and Love and You dog treats due to possible contamination with Salmonella bacteria.

I and Love and You Dog Treats Recall

or

Company recall information

Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

Recall Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   Recall Information EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 9:35 pm

just heard on the news that all the stella chew dog food has been recalled due to Listeria monocytogenes bacteria contaminated food, here's the link http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall/stella-chewys-dog-food-recall-2015/
i hope any one who orders that food cancels the shipment and throws out any existing food.

Last edited by RedFlashFire05 on Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Recall Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   Recall Information EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 9:40 pm

I posted that July 4th, but thanks for the reminder if they're just getting the news out locally now.

Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Recall Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   Recall Information EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 12:12 am

On July 14, 2015, NatPet LLC of Boulder, Colorado, announced it was expanding its recent recall of specific lots of its I and Love and You brand dog treats due to possible contamination with Salmonella bacteria.

I and Love and You Dog Treats Recall

-or-

the Company website

Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Recall Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   Recall Information EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 7:52 pm

On July 21, 2015, The Natural Dog Company of Windsor, Colorado, is recalling select lots of its Tremenda Sticks Dog Chews due to possible contamination with Salmonella bacteria.

Tremenda Sticks Dog Chews Recall

-or-

the FDA site

These were distributed in CA, CO, FL, IL, MO MT, NC, OH UT and WA.

Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Recall Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   Recall Information EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 10:29 am

Crap, I might have some of these.

Senior
Senior
aljones

Recall Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   Recall Information EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 11:39 pm

On July 23, 2015, Bravo Pet Foods of Manchester, CT, announced it is is recalling select lots of its Bravo Chicken pet foods for dogs and cats due to possible contamination with Salmonella bacteria.

Bravo Dog Food Recall of July 2015

-or-

Bravo Pet Foods

Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Recall Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   Recall Information EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 12:56 am

On July 24, 2015, Nature's Variety of St. Louis, Missouri, announced it is recalling select lots of its Instinct Raw Frozen Diets Chicken Formula for dogs due to possible contamination with Salmonella bacteria.

Nature's Variety Instinct Dog Food Recall of July 2015

-or-

Mature's Variety web site

Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Recall Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   Recall Information EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 11:58 pm

On September 25, OC Raw Dog of Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, announced it is recalling its OC Raw Chicken, Fish and Produce Raw Frozen Canine Formulation because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.

OC Raw Dog Food Recall of September 2015

-or-

OC Raw Dog Company site.

An extract from the company site:
Quote :
This voluntary recall is limited to Chicken, Fish & Produce Raw Frozen Canine Formulations that were packaged into 6.5 lb. Doggie Dozen Patties, 4 lb. Doggie Sliders, and 3 lb. Meaty Rox with the lot number 1819, and use by date of 05/05/16. These codes can be checked on the bottom left corner of the back of the package. Distribution is limited to customers in Colorado, Vermont, and Pennsylvania and sold to consumers through independent pet specialty retailers.

Italics are mine for emphasis //al

Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Recall Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   Recall Information EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 1:30 pm

On September 23, 2015, The U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced the recall of certain lots of Dingo brand dog chews because the product has the potential to contain amantadine.

Amantadine is a human antiviral drug not approved for use in animal food.

The product was distributed to CA, IA, IL, MN, NY, OH, OK, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WI.

To date (10/01/15) the company has chosen to not make a comment.

Dingo Chip Twists Dog Chew Treats Recall of September 2015

-or-

The FDA Site

Last edited by aljones on Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Recall Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   Recall Information EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 1:40 pm

On September 30, 2015, Salix Animal Health of Deerfield, Florida announced the recall of one lot of its Good 'n' Fun Beefhide Chicken Sticks because the product has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.

Salmonella is a bacteria that can affect the health of both pets and humans.

The product has been distributed nationwide in Dollar General and Dollar Tree retail stores.

Good 'n' Fun Beefhide Chicken Sticks Dog Chews Recall

- or -

The FDA site

Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

Female Join date : 2015-07-13

Recall Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   Recall Information EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 1:53 pm

Thanks for the updates!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

Recall Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   Recall Information EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 2:23 pm

thanks for the updates, must remember in case they give thoughts out at the pet store for treats at the registers.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Recall Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   Recall Information EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 6:35 pm

On October 2, 2015, K-9 Kraving Dog Food of Baltimore, Maryland, announced the recall of its Chicken Patties dog food because the product has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella and Listeria mitocytogenes.

This product was distributed to retail stores only in Maryland.

Salmonella and Listeria are bacteria that can affect the health of both pets and humans.

K-9 Kraving Raw Dog Food Recall of October 2015

-or-

The FDA Website

Not speaking well for the company they seem to have made no announcement as of 10/5/15 even though it was a voluntary recall.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Recall Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   Recall Information Empty

Back to top Go down

Recall Information

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next