It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Is my girl Skye, a Husky or a Husky cross?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BritishTeaBiscuit
Newborn
Newborn
BritishTeaBiscuit

Female Join date : 2015-06-07

Is my girl Skye, a Husky or a Husky cross?  Empty
PostSubject: Is my girl Skye, a Husky or a Husky cross?    Is my girl Skye, a Husky or a Husky cross?  EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 5:57 am

Hiya,

I guess you probably hear this A LOT in the forums, but I was wondering what you guys think skye could be?

I adopted her as a stray December 12th last year from a shelter I used to work at. My boss said she was a pure Siberian Husky, but how would he know really?

Shes quite a petite little lady, roughly a year old, weighing just over 18kgs.

She is literally my baby, and I want her to have the best in life which is why I am interested in if finding out what kind of breed she could be so I can progress with training ect. I'm actually currently training her to be a off lead Husky, and I know there is a lot of debate about letting your Husky off lead but I have another dog who is always off lead and I want Skye to have that freedom too. She is currently on a 50ft lead.

ANYWAY... Her are some photos of the beautiful little lady I love you

I also have a short video of Skye and a few of her friends playing at the park with her 50ft lead on. You'll notice in the video some of her other Husky friends are completely off lead  Cool

>>Click here for the video<<

Is my girl Skye, a Husky or a Husky cross?  10955387_1027923083887896_1583268047_n

Is my girl Skye, a Husky or a Husky cross?  11191111_791817267603293_423799858_n

Is my girl Skye, a Husky or a Husky cross?  11376517_456455534511447_1782613274_n

Is my girl Skye, a Husky or a Husky cross?  11357466_886132451432564_2013061714_n

Thank you and have a grrrrrreat day sunny
Back to top Go down
Playing with the Big Dogs
Adult
Adult
Playing with the Big Dogs

Female Join date : 2013-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Is my girl Skye, a Husky or a Husky cross?    Is my girl Skye, a Husky or a Husky cross?  EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 12:26 pm

Skye looks a lot like Lycus owned by Rocio_Caballero. And I think Lycus is a full husky.
Here is the link for Lycus scrapbook see if you think they look a like too.
https://www.itsahuskything.com/t7130-lycus-scrapbook-3-24-2015
Back to top Go down
http://playingwiththebigdogs.blogspot.com/
BritishTeaBiscuit
Newborn
Newborn
BritishTeaBiscuit

PostSubject: Re: Is my girl Skye, a Husky or a Husky cross?    Is my girl Skye, a Husky or a Husky cross?  EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 12:49 pm

Lycus is sooo handsome, they really do look-a-like. Skye is such a lovely dog with so much potential, she just needs the correct training.
I have to say though, I've really fallen for the breed and would love to rescue another husky/ husky-type dog Smile
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Is my girl Skye, a Husky or a Husky cross?    Is my girl Skye, a Husky or a Husky cross?  EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 1:07 pm

Welcome to the forum Chloe!! I agree with Elise all husky, I will diverge a little though and say Skye is a red point where Lycus is a black point(nose says it all, Lycus has a black nose and Skye has a liver nose). Skye also reminds me of another member here who has a predominately white dog and I think liver nose or a red point and that is Okami owned by Lucy

https://www.itsahuskything.com/t11167-scrapbookokami-updated-5-22-15-dog-park-and-new-friend

Take a look and enjoy the forum.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Is my girl Skye, a Husky or a Husky cross?    Is my girl Skye, a Husky or a Husky cross?  EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 2:48 pm

I'm not so sure about this "all Husky" thing relating to Sky - personally I think Sky is a Husky with maybe a bit of rabbit tossed in for good measure.

Yeh, I'm teasing about the ears; you say that she's about a year old and she should have grown into them by now - but maybe she's just a late bloomer. And I have to agree, even though she's not completely white, she sure looks like pure Husky to me, too.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Is my girl Skye, a Husky or a Husky cross?    Is my girl Skye, a Husky or a Husky cross?  EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 4:35 pm

I also think she looks full husky. And she does resemble Lycus! Haha, they're both very cute. I absolutely love the spot on her side Smile
Back to top Go down
BritishTeaBiscuit
Newborn
Newborn
BritishTeaBiscuit

PostSubject: Re: Is my girl Skye, a Husky or a Husky cross?    Is my girl Skye, a Husky or a Husky cross?  EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 5:18 pm

Haha @aljones, that made me giggle, definitely a bit of rabbit in there LOL.

We all love her spot too @Rocio_Caballero, when I looked up her colouring it came up with "piebald" apparently its a pretty common Husky coat, but I haven't seen many, a lot of people in the street say she so unusual XD

I wish I could of seen her as a puppy, I bet she was ADORABLE!!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Is my girl Skye, a Husky or a Husky cross?    Is my girl Skye, a Husky or a Husky cross?  EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 8:27 pm

Puppy or not, she is still ADORABLE Smile

Welcome to the forum, Sasha and Skye are beautiful!
Back to top Go down
BritishTeaBiscuit
Newborn
Newborn
BritishTeaBiscuit

PostSubject: Re: Is my girl Skye, a Husky or a Husky cross?    Is my girl Skye, a Husky or a Husky cross?  EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 6:42 am

@Artic_Wind, I think you may be right there, and thank you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is my girl Skye, a Husky or a Husky cross?    Is my girl Skye, a Husky or a Husky cross?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Is my girl Skye, a Husky or a Husky cross?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1