It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello Everyone!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rumflower
Adult
Adult
Rumflower

Female Join date : 2015-06-16

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 9:14 pm

Hello! I have a 7 month old Siberian Husky named Loki. He is the first Siberian Husky I have ever owned. In fact, he is the first dog I have ever owned; the rest have all been family dogs. As such, I have a million questions, so please be patient with me!

Here he is enjoying a car ride:

Hello Everyone! Wp_20111
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 9:31 pm

Awwww, he's so cute! Welcome to the forum! Smile and ask away, there are some very knowledgable people here!
Back to top Go down
Rumflower
Adult
Adult
Rumflower

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 9:36 pm

Thank you! Yours are adorable!
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 9:43 pm

Cute pup, looks like you were being serenaded on that car ride!

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Rumflower
Adult
Adult
Rumflower

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 10:39 pm

Thank you! I think he liked the music, LoL!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 8:27 am

Welcome to the forum.  Handsome boy!

Curmudgeon warning:  You might want to put a harness and tether to seatbelt or child seat anchors - puppies and dogs have been known to escape from cars with doors opening, climb into driver's lap etc while driving.  

Also - my dog thoroughly gouged the vinyl door panels...
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 9:05 am

Mine have been hard on my door panels but a car ride just wouldn't be the same if they couldn't stick their head out the window.

Welcome to the forum!

Adult
Adult
Rumflower

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 12:56 pm

That is a really good idea, Amy, do you know where I can purchase something like that? Some people here in Kansas City haul their doggies around in the back of their pickups. I think I would have a minor stroke if my fiance did that to him, though lol!

Jenn, I know how you feel! And it's so funny watching his ears fly back and his eyes get wide!

He hasn't had much of a problem with door panels. I leave one of his ropes and a deer antler in the back and he chews on those when he gets bored.

...I said ONE of his ropes but he might actually have 10 toys in the back, haha! Slightly spoiled.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 1:27 pm

I use a Kurgo car harness which comes with a tether - it was too short for Ami used with the car seat anchors on theback of the seat so I picked up and additional tether at walmart. I do not believe this set up is adequate for any serious car crash but from my searches, not much is without paying a fortune or crating the dog in the car. Not an option with a 72 pound dog and a subaru - we tried so I know it won't work lol!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 2:30 pm

welcome to the forums.
very beautiful puppy. Leo loves to stick he head out of the windows. too. Cool  i usually sit in the back with him, or he's just not happy Suspect  . the side window get a bit droolie but its worth it  Laughing  and my brother drives.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 5:36 pm

I'll be honest, when I read Loki was possibly underweight I was like "whuuuuuuttt" lol, no, he doesn't look fat...but the weight you gave and your avatar pic just doesn't look or sound like a underweight husky. Kohdi has a longer coat as well so I do know how that can hide if he's underweight ...but no, Loki doesnt look underweight at all (but I'm not a vet, haha)
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 5:38 pm

Edit...sorry!!! I meant to post this in your picky eater thread, haha Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Rumflower
Adult
Adult
Rumflower

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 6:46 am

Haha, that's ok thank you for the input. I think he looks healthy, just a tad skinny. He loves running around and seems to be otherwise healthy and happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello Everyone!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: It's A Husky Thing :: The Welcome Mat-