It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue Empty
PostSubject: East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue   East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 3:51 pm

I don't do this too often but he's too good looking to be put down!  And he's 600 miles away from me or I'd take him in! //al

From Husky.RescueMe.com

East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue 15-06-18-00185

Dakota (male)

Siberian Husky Mix    Age: Young Adult

Compatibility: Good with Most Dogs, Good with Kids and Adults
Personality: Average Energy, Average Temperament
Health: Needs to be Neutered, Needs Vaccinations

This is Dakota. He is a husky (mix?). He has been returned to the Liberty Animal Shelter through no fault of his own. We would really like to see him go to a rescue group that will find him a good home with people who understand the breed. Dakota is about 2 years old and very smart. He has some skin issues, maybe due to being left outside or without flea treatment. Please help us share him in hopes of finding a rescue group to take him in. Please contact us at palsofthepound@gmail.com or Holly at 936-346-5546

Adoption Fee: $45 Animal Location:

Pals of the Pound, Liberty, TX
Liberty County Liberty, TX MAP IT!

936-346-5546

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue   East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 4:02 pm

Is it a kill shelter? I wish he wasn't so far away. I'd hold him for someone or run a leg if he needed transported through my area. I want another so bad, just not sure how Kenzi would appreciate him. Renee! I bet Miya would love him!

Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue   East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 4:48 pm

He's in the Liberty City Pound so yes, it's a kill shelter.  He's been returned by his previous rescuers so he's in dire danger!

Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue   East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 5:03 pm

Louisiana doesn't have a sibe rescue either. Only thing would be to contact Texas Husky Rescue but they need fosters. :/

aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue   East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 5:08 pm

I've dropped a note to Sled Dog Rescues in Houston, that's not that far away. Sure would like to help this guy out - literally!

Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue   East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 5:11 pm

I hope they can take him. I hate when the ones I could actually possibly help with (males) are so far away. I can't believe someone would send him back.

Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue   East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 8:04 pm

Ohhh, I wish Renee would take him.

I love his coloring!
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue   East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 8:39 pm

Problem there Jimmy, is that Renee is almost as far away from there as I am. All I got from the rescue I contacted was a canned email response.

Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue   East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 3:35 am

I remember now she is looking for a female too, bummer Sad

I hope someone adopts him
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue   East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 5:49 am

He is so beautiful. But as Al said too far away, and yes Jimmy, we would prefer another girl, and prefer a baby. I really hope someone falls in love with him quickly.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue   East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 11:47 am

Just got a message back from "Pals of the Pound" in Liberty
Quote :
Al.  I got your call.  Will look into transport if a rescue doesn't come through.  I"ll be in touch.

Fingers / Toes / Paws crossed that this guy finds a good home with someone - soon!

Just to make sure that I'm explaining this right:
Pals of the pound is a group in Liberty who try to find homes for current inmates.
Sled Dog Rescue is a Sibe/Mal rescue in Houston.
Two unrelated groups ...

Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue   East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 2:35 pm

Al, I'm hoping with you. I discovered 2 baby girls in Graham, Tx, not even 3 months old. They said they were Alaskan Husky mix. If y'all can help me convince my idiot husband, that a less than 3 month old puppy, abused or not, can turn into a wonderful dog, please tell me how?????? I feel guilty about this boy, but his age and him being a male, were too many barriers (besides distance) for me to convince him to take a look. Even Graham is a heck of a drive, over 2 hours, but I am and always have been willing to take a pup from a shelter. Please Al keep us posted. The one thing I can't understand, how the US has kill shelters still, I know it is very difficult to place every cat and dog born into this world, but there are so many forums just like this, how is it that there is still such a huge problem with unwanted pets?????

Sorry I will get off my soap box, but it breaks my heart. If my husband is like this, I know there are millions like him. I so wish that Bob Barkers "spay and neuter" comments would have worked better. I just don't understand the reluctance of people being willing to adopt a pet, rather than going to a byb or pet store. It just doesn't make any sense.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue   East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 3:34 pm

I hope the guy finds a home, too. I know there is a group, in NC I think, that pulls dogs from high kill shelters in mostly Georgia, transports them north to rescues and individual homes.

Renee - fully unerstand the husband thing. Mine is at his limit with Ami and half-time Archer (who has now been here a whole week. DIL's brother just divorced and he has 4 kids under 11, youngest 3, who are here from Colorado for the summer. He works, his Mom and Dad work, DIL works but takes the kids 2 days a week to give everyone a break...but Archer is a bit rambunctious for the 2 little ones so Grammy gets him. And with all the rain, Archer's line is a mud pit so he has been here for the week. While we have flooding and a visiting bull East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue 1625187496

So I don't see another dog in my life for a long, long, long time. Tell your hubby, however, that my dog-reluctant spouse is head over heels in love with our 2...as a matter of fact, while I had the dogs tethered, I served Wayne his breakfast and, Wayne insisted, INSISTED, I scramble an extra 2 eggs, go get the dogs and bring them in. Wayne always shares his mealtime with doggies and they could see and hear us through the windows...

Maybe hint to hubby that THIS dog, the puppy could be his - I know Archer adores Wayne and follows him everywhere...like a puppy lol! You can promote that by having the hubby be the "treat master".

Everyone around here has rescue dogs - the bull owners' have 3-4 dogs, mostly little, that are all rescues. They did have a GSD that was used to bring the cows from 1 pasture to another, but he suddenly died - heart attack the vet surmised. I really think there is a lot of emphasis on rescue these days, but that may just be a more local thing, I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue   East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue Empty

Back to top Go down

East Texas / LA area Sibe Rescue

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1