It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blu'sMom
Newborn
Newborn
Blu'sMom

Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed Empty
PostSubject: Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed   Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 11:30 am

I'm not sure if it is me or Blu that is overwhelmed!
Blu has always been a high velocity husky (all of his 6 months) Very Happy
We just had him neutered 10 days ago and he has gone from normal wild to OMG wild! Shocked
He is more aggressive than before, meaning, jumping up, snapping and not listening at all.
What am I doing wrong?

All and any advice is welcome.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Blu'sMom
Newborn
Newborn
Blu'sMom

PostSubject: Re: Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed   Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 11:35 am

Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed Img_2011

New Pic!!
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed   Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 11:38 am

'Scuse me, and not making light of your problems - that's not a picture of a "high velocity husky" - that's the classic picture of two guy wondering where supper is!

Beautiful picture of a beautiful Husky!

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed   Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 11:53 am

I imagine he is probably bouncing back from the surgery and any time that he had off for resting is catching up with him in the need exercise department. Tighten down on him with discipline and training. Work his mind more and start getting him back to walking if you haven't already.

lol. yeah, he looks pretty chill in that picture, but maybe that's just the meds buzzing.

Newborn
Newborn
Blu'sMom

PostSubject: Re: Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed   Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 12:12 pm

He was on heavy meds in that pictures Very Happy
He is usually like this  >>>> bounce
He has not skipped a beat since (2) days after the surgery and the doctor drugged him. I did not actually agree but it was for his own good I know.
I am working with him and discipline is what we are doing. I guess he is just having a moment.
I love my baby Blu and would never get rid of him for any reason, I just wonder what to do.

AL - If he was that chill all the time I would think he was not a Husky and would have to trade him for a real one lol!  Many thanks for the advice.

Jenn - Thank you also for the advice and I really love the fact that this forum exists so people that are new to this breed have a place to come.
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed   Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 12:19 pm

I agree with Jenn. Most likely he is wound up from having to be restricted after the surgery.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed   Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 12:50 pm

Six months old you say lol! he gonna be a handful for a bit bounce bounce bounce

My first advice is enjoy the ride... it really goes by fast in the whole scheme of things.

Short list? Be really consistent with him, it will pay off in spades. More specific questions, specific problem behaviors and we can give you some hints.

He really is beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Blu'sMom
Newborn
Newborn
Blu'sMom

PostSubject: Re: Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed   Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 1:20 pm

Thank you Ami, I have found this forum to be a treasure and will put together some more specific questions over the weekend and post them.

Thanks again for all the help!

wave
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed   Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 8:54 pm

You are not doing anything wrong. What you describe really is a 6 month old husky Wink and now...the fun really begins Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed   Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 9:04 pm

Artic_Wind wrote:
You are not doing anything wrong.  What you describe really is a 6 month old husky Wink and now...the fun really begins  Twisted Evil

Jimmy, you are sooo bad lol!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed   Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 9:19 pm

Embarassed Razz Smile

No point in trying to sugarcoat it Amy Wink

In all seriousness though, it's what I find to be the most endearing about this breed. They are simply the most amazing dogs. For all the frustration they can cause, and they do and they will, the joy you receive from them is like no other.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed   Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 9:27 pm

I agree wholeheartedly, Jimmy - I love the impudence, the sauciness...even if it means a 2:00AM woo woo woo, Mummy, I just want to play Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed 1625187496

Had one of those fiascos earlier this evening, left me in stitches: https://www.itsahuskything.com/t14864-rubik-s-cube-played-with-huskies#224383
Back to top Go down
Blu'sMom
Newborn
Newborn
Blu'sMom

PostSubject: Re: Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed   Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 7:21 am

No need to sugar coat anything Jimmy, I love the personality you have.
If I had ever owned a husky before I would have said the same thing Cool
It's great learning about this breed and am seriously thinking about getting a 2nd one when Blu is around 1 year old.

I kind of feel like I have given birth to a 3rd son affraid
Blu is like a little (well not little but) hairy human Razz
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed   Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 9:20 am

Blu'sMom wrote:

It's great learning about this breed and am seriously thinking about getting a 2nd one when Blu is around 1 year old.

I think that is one of the things I like best about the breed - they are like a perpetual 2 yr old (which is my ultimate favorite age in kids.)

If I could have a permanent 2nd siberian, I would do so in a flash! When Archer comes to visit (and, thankfully, it is often and frequently days at a time) there is so much life with the two dogs. They are so utterly engaging both with us and each other. Never a dull moment!

Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Teenager
Teenager
caseysteffans

Female Join date : 2014-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed   Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 12:19 pm

Blu is gorgeous! I agree with the others in saying, he sounds like a typical six month old pup. Right now, if Banner isn't into something, my almost 2 year old son is and vice versa. They definitely keep you on your toes!

I got Banner when Loki turned about a year and I can say I love having the two. They keep each other entertained, and as Amy said, never a dull moment!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed   Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 12:29 am

Blu'sMom wrote:
No need to sugar coat anything Jimmy, I love the personality you have.
If I had ever owned a husky before I would have said the same thing Cool

Their personalities are infectious aren't they, they make you just keep wanting more! Haha. Getting a second will be a decision you will never regret, and I say that with confidence. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kaliska
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2015-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed   Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 1:00 am

amymeme wrote:
I agree wholeheartedly, Jimmy - I love the impudence, the sauciness...even if it means a 2:00AM woo woo woo, Mummy, I just want to play Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed 1625187496

That's been 4am every day for the past 3 months. Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed 1625187496 We have been hiking until my bad knee stops bending and the entire way down the trails it's bounce We had a discussion about what walking is versus trying to haul me down the path like a stuck sled. I don't need to tell you what the result was so far. I've got her hooked to my older akita who knows all trail commands so I just have to yell at my akita for thinking she can ignore me when the husky does and she'll hold her ground against the boinging. I'm working on an agility setup for the yard.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed   Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 1:12 am

Kaliska wrote:

amymeme wrote:

That's been 4am every day for the past 3 months. Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed 1625187496   We have been hiking until my bad knee stops bending and the entire way down the trails it's bounce   We had a discussion about what walking is versus trying to haul me down the path like a stuck sled.  I don't need to tell you what the result was so far.  I've got her hooked to my older akita who knows all trail commands so I just have to yell at my akita for thinking she can ignore me when the husky does and she'll hold her ground against the boinging.  I'm working on an agility setup for the yard.

My two do this!!! LOL... It's like I'm skiing down dirt all the way down the mountain, it's kinda cool cuz the breeze feels good on the way down, hahaha. It's funny too because with my little girl, she wants to take breaks about every 5 minutes going up, but going down, she is full speed ahead Smile
Back to top Go down
Kaliska
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2015-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed   Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 1:49 am

She's not so straight yet though. Boing right, boing left, boing forward, run into other dogs, boing right, run into other person, boing forward.... Today we discovered chipmunks. Did you know there are squirrels who don't run up trees?! Sometimes you can chase them all the way to their holes if you try really really hard. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed   Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 10:08 am

Kaliska wrote:
Today we discovered chipmunks.  Did you know there are squirrels who don't run up trees?! Sometimes you can chase them all the way to their holes if you try really really hard. Rolling Eyes

Or into the downspouts bounce And then the rattle around inside, trying to go up the slippery pipe. And did you know those downspout extensions come off and make a great toy to tug with your best bud? And Mom and Dad don't want chipmunks eating their house so they'll help you get the little bugger out of the downspot bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed   Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed Empty

Back to top Go down

Need Help - A Little Overwhelmed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: Training-