It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Where does your dog sleep?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cosmothunder
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2014-10-10

sleep - Where does your dog sleep? Empty
PostSubject: Where does your dog sleep?   sleep - Where does your dog sleep? EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 12:04 am

Bandit has been sleeping in bed with me for a few months. I think I want to put an end to it. Is it too late? Should I get a few blankets for her? A doggy bed? Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Where does your dog sleep?   sleep - Where does your dog sleep? EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 12:46 am

Kohdi usually sleeps by my front door ...I have one of those security screen doors so I leave the main door open all night (not when it's cold though) Mishka will sleep with me most of the nite but she disappears around 2 or so am.

I have a down comforter over the top of my bedding for the dogs to lay on, if they want to.

Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Where does your dog sleep?   sleep - Where does your dog sleep? EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 1:15 am

Tony, a question for you - of course - why do you want to put an end to it?

Remember, we've said a few times that you should raise a puppy to become the dog you want ... if you don't want her on the bed, you should never have let her on the bed in the first place.

Also ... and this is getting old, remember we keep harping at you about a thing called consistency and making changes - the changes you make and the way you make them seem to cause problems for you and Bandit.  If there's really a good reason for not wanting her to sleep on the bed with you - as in she's kicking your girl friend out of bed - then by all means start teaching her that her place is on the floor but then it becomes a matter of always making sure that she knows the floor is her place, never again on the bed.  Consistency is the key to raising a happy dog.

Oh and to answer your questions, my two sleep on the floor; one immediately beside my bed and the other, normally, on the cooler tile floor.
I'd get her a doggy bed or something that is hers to sleep on and put it where you want her to sleep - I'm not saying it'll stay there, Avalanche moves his around.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Dayton
Newborn
Newborn
Dayton

Male Join date : 2015-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Where does your dog sleep?   sleep - Where does your dog sleep? EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 11:42 am

Dayton sleeps in his crate near my bed.
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Where does your dog sleep?   sleep - Where does your dog sleep? EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 12:32 pm

Mine both sleep in crates in my room, they would probably wake me up all night otherwise (jumping, wrestling, hiting the blinds annoying dog stuff haha)
Back to top Go down
slipfox
Newborn
Newborn
slipfox

Male Join date : 2015-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Where does your dog sleep?   sleep - Where does your dog sleep? EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 12:58 pm

Hux sleeps in his crate in my bedroom. I had intention of keeping him in the living room or kitchen, but I was weak on the first night. We will see!
Back to top Go down
http://foxjaw.ca
cosmothunder
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Where does your dog sleep?   sleep - Where does your dog sleep? EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 1:30 pm

Am I understand what you are saying. I know it is going to be a change for her. I've tried implementing it and it's going okay with sleeping on the floor. Idk when she is getting in the bed. I'm assuming around 6ish when she wakes up. She is accepting the floor. I say "bandit down" she gets down and understands to stay down. Possible move in situation with a girlfriend is the main reason for this change.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Where does your dog sleep?   sleep - Where does your dog sleep? EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 1:41 pm

Since she seems to be accepting it then maybe things are looking up. Maybe it's just me but you seem to come here after implementing a change of something that probably didn't need to be changed and it's not working ...

Oddly, had your GF moved in, Bandit would probably have stopped getting on the bed simply because there wasn't room (but they can try to make room, believe me!) The main thing that I'd emphasize right now is that you shouldn't in any way encourage her to get on the bed - no play at bed time on the bed. Dogs and some people have a hard time understanding that "this" is okay now but it's not okay at another time ... with most dogs, something should be okay or not, all the time.

Back to top Go down
cosmothunder
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Where does your dog sleep?   sleep - Where does your dog sleep? EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 1:46 pm

Yeah two nights ago she would get in bed, I'd tell her down. She got down. 5 mins later back up. I told her down again and she stayed down. I woke up and she was in the bed. She awake so I think she was just trying to wake me up
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Where does your dog sleep?   sleep - Where does your dog sleep? EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 2:39 pm

aljones wrote:

Oddly, had your GF moved in, Bandit would probably have stopped getting on the bed simply because there wasn't room (but they can try to make room, believe me!)  

Mebbe... mebbe not. Thunderstorms early this morning and Ami decided to join us. Wayne, I think, lost 1 testicle in the process and my face got stepped on before he settled on my head...but he felt safe sleep - Where does your dog sleep? 1625187496
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Where does your dog sleep?   sleep - Where does your dog sleep? EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 2:54 pm

Miya has always had a bed beside my husbands side of the bed. New baby will be crated on my side of the bed. The first 6 months or so, that husband, me, kitty and Miya lived in our new house, Miya never got on the bed. Until one day, she seen kitty on it, and thought, hmmmm if kitty can so can I. Miya will never get in bed with us, not enough room. But I have caught her napping on it, and will do snuggle time when only one of us is in bed. So perhaps Bandit will figure out humans belong there, and she can only get on the bed when invited.
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Where does your dog sleep?   sleep - Where does your dog sleep? EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 3:38 pm

Bodhi sleeps in his crate in the living room.
When he first came to us, we would shut the door to the crate at night.
Now we leave it open, and in the morning Bodhi is lying on the rug.
He knows that our bedroom is out of bounds and won't come in to wake us up.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Where does your dog sleep?   sleep - Where does your dog sleep? EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 4:52 pm

the fist night home with Leo we were suppose to sleep in my room up stairs but it was too hot up stairs and we (me, Joey, and Leo) ended up sleeping down stairs; (sigh) I'm still slipping down on the couch Sad  ,i need to get his huge crate into my room, before i start having back problems  Laughing . I'm considering letting him sleep in my bed. Wink  just so i can get some sleep, nice fluffy pillow.
Back to top Go down
cosmothunder
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Where does your dog sleep?   sleep - Where does your dog sleep? EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 4:59 pm

Beware of a bed full of hair
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Where does your dog sleep?   sleep - Where does your dog sleep? EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 5:12 pm

cosmothunder wrote:
Beware of a bed full of hair

<< laughing >> Well, of course, that goes without saying!!!!

Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Where does your dog sleep?   sleep - Where does your dog sleep? EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 6:14 pm

Bode sleeps in the living room, usually in his "den" under a table or on the tile by the front door. I've tried to get him to sleep in the bed with us, but he just doesn't like it. He was crated at night until about a year, but we realized it wasn't necessary with him.

Logan either sleeps in the living room inches away from Bode, on the floor next to the bed, or on the bed with us. He's usually on the bed with us about half the time, which I love. I like having a dog that will sleep with us. I don't mind the fur, I like the closeness and the cuddles.
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Where does your dog sleep?   sleep - Where does your dog sleep? EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 6:47 pm

My boy sleeps in my room, he has a nice huge bed in there next to my bed. It's hot right now so most of the time he sleeps on the floor next to his bed. At my girlfriends house he likes to nap on her bed especially when I'm not there...he will keep her company on the bed lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Where does your dog sleep?   sleep - Where does your dog sleep? EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 11:51 pm

Mishka sleeps in his crate in the living room. I have tried to let him sleep in the bed / out of his crate but he does not stay still and being a light sleeper, I am constantly being woken up. If he would settle in one place, then I would have no problems letting him sleep out at night but it's just too annoying. lol.

cosmothunder
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Where does your dog sleep?   sleep - Where does your dog sleep? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 12:45 am

Update: New spot is fine. Have 2 old comforters that made a nice bed for her. She goes right to that spot than trying to get in bed with me. I still wake up and she is in bed so idk if she's sneaking up here and sleeping or if she is just trying to wake me up. Either way she is accepting the new spot. Yay!
Back to top Go down
meemster414
Puppy
Puppy
meemster414

Female Join date : 2015-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Where does your dog sleep?   sleep - Where does your dog sleep? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Boomy has a bed next to my side of the bed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where does your dog sleep?   sleep - Where does your dog sleep? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where does your dog sleep?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1