It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RolloTheViking
Newborn
Newborn

We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions... Empty
PostSubject: We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions...   We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions... EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 6:08 pm

We Will Pick him up on Wednesday, and i Have off work Thursdays and Friday(Im off those 3 days every week)

As Far as Crate training which is where he will have to stay for a few hours each day i have to work.....What is the best Method to keep him from crying while i am away at work?

what should i use to Groom a pup?....Id like to start him young and dont want to Damage his puppy coat....

I only work 1 Mile from Home, So How often should i need to maybe make a trip the house to check and let him out?

Im sure i will have more questions but thats a good start Laughing
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions...   We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions... EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 5:31 am

I am not an expert on crate training, yet. We did not crate train Miya, but will be crate training our new baby, who will be coming home in a few weeks. So others will have to chime in on crate training and the crying aspect.

Miya has a short coat. I use a rake, and sometimes a soft brush. With a pup, I would opt for a soft brush, so he gets used to grooming. If he has longer or a plush coat, again, others will have to chime in. I do not recommend the furminator, it will destroy a husky's coat.

As far as coming home to let him out, how old will Rollo be when he comes home with you? If he is a typical 8 week old, you may need to check and see if he needs to potty every 2 hours. For every month old they can go 1 hour with out a potty break, so 8 weeks = every 2 hours, 12 weeks = 3 hours, etc. He may also need a little tiring out every so often, so he isn't wound up. Otherwise you will have a stir crazy pup.

Congrats and good luck. We love pics here, so when he gets home, pics please!
Back to top Go down
CoraTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
CoraTheHusky

Female Join date : 2015-08-01

PostSubject: Re: We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions...   We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions... EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 9:10 am

Okay to be honest they all cry the first few times they are in their kennel I suggest trying it out on your off days start with "alone time" you put him in there for 5 mins and when there is a moment of silence go in and give him a treat as a reward for being quiet , I also said the command "good quiet" as I give the treat.

As for brushing use a soft brush, I've never seen any proof of the furminator harming any hairs just make sure to watch videos and learn how to use it properly.

Renee is right we love pictures so please post them when he comes home!
Back to top Go down
RolloTheViking
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions...   We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions... EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 6:53 pm

Thank you for your responses

What about walks how much should I limit them to?
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions...   We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions... EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 7:02 pm

Again, if Rollo is 8 weeks old, then you want to limit walks to soft ground, no asphalt or cement, and limit the walks to 5 minutes for every month old, so at 8 weeks 10 minutes. You can do these types of walks multiple times a day. When Miya was this young I did these walks somewhere around 8-12 times a day. It is a great opportunity to get your pup used to a leash, to lengthen the walk some you can start command training. Puppies bones and joints grow to at least 1 year of age, limiting stress walking at a young age will help bones and joints to develop properly. Can't wait to see Rollo Smile
Back to top Go down
RolloTheViking
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions...   We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions... EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 1:45 am

eight weeks
We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions... 12003424_10154207499792678_6945962525464410305_n
Back to top Go down
tyler.jenkins.125
Teenager
Teenager
tyler.jenkins.125

Male Join date : 2015-04-06

PostSubject: Re: We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions...   We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions... EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 10:11 am

Good lord he is gorgeous! He's going to be a beautiful dog!
Back to top Go down
http://tylerjenkinsmusic.com/
Rumflower
Adult
Adult
Rumflower

Female Join date : 2015-06-16

PostSubject: Re: We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions...   We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions... EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 10:31 am

Rollo!! He's so cute. I like how the fur above his eyes is a little bit lighter. It gives him a certain expression lol! So cute.
Back to top Go down
RolloTheViking
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions...   We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions... EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 11:39 am

yes, he does not seem to have the "normal" Markings of a Husky....the Breeder list him as Agouti
We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions... 12002843_10154207499787678_2333402712279370981_n
Back to top Go down
tyler.jenkins.125
Teenager
Teenager
tyler.jenkins.125

Male Join date : 2015-04-06

PostSubject: Re: We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions...   We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions... EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 12:34 pm

https://www.itsahuskything.com/t7962-kavik-s-scrapbook-updated-7-23-15-a-little-scuffle

Here is another member who has an agouti. They are beautiful! So you have Rollo home now or no?
Back to top Go down
http://tylerjenkinsmusic.com/
RolloTheViking
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions...   We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions... EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 2:23 pm

Tomorrow
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions...   We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions... EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 2:43 pm

he is very cute, love the eyebrows he as a very cool expression.
Back to top Go down
RolloTheViking
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions...   We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions... EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 2:14 pm

We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions... 12046811_10154211234747678_533796113866096904_n
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions...   We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions... EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 8:07 pm

Rollo is beautiful! Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Teenager
Teenager
caseysteffans

Female Join date : 2014-07-17

PostSubject: Re: We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions...   We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions... EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 8:24 pm

Congrats! He is amazing! The dark face really makes his eyes just pop.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions...   We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions... EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 9:48 pm

<< laughing >> I'm sorry but that guy, with the blue eyes and hints of eyebrows just looks satanic!!! Not angry, not vicious, just like you'd picture a black cat!
(( but he is a beautiful dog all things considered!! ))

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions...   We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions... EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 12:19 pm

He is just adorable I love you Congradulations on your new puppy...and get ready for the ride of your life bounce Enjoy, though, 'cause though it will seem like it is forever now, the puppy stage will be over in a flash.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions...   We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions... EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 12:25 pm

Embarassed wrong thread

Last edited by amymeme on Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RolloTheViking
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions...   We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions... EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 4:34 pm

aljones wrote:
<< laughing >> I'm sorry but that guy, with the blue eyes and hints of eyebrows just looks satanic!!!  Not angry, not vicious, just like you'd picture a black cat!
(( but he is a beautiful dog all things considered!! ))

yes he does have that kinda look haha
Back to top Go down
PitPerfect
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions...   We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions... EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 12:27 am

Can you post a updated picture of him. He's adorable
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions...   We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions... Empty

Back to top Go down

We Bring Rollo Home in 5 days.....Questions...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1